Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Aleks courses listed as expired at ACE - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: General Education-Related Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-General-Education-Related-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Aleks courses listed as expired at ACE (/Thread-Aleks-courses-listed-as-expired-at-ACE)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Aleks courses listed as expired at ACE - topdog98 - 10-25-2013

To encourage anyone out there working on ALEKS this month, I was able to add Intro to Statistics to my ACE transcript today. ACE still lists 10/31/2013 as the expiration date.

Aleks courses listed as expired at ACE - dlb - 10-25-2013

Well...looks like I have 6 days left to finish my two aleks courses and my two SL courses. ARRRGH... I hope Aleks decides soon.. This is just what I get for procrastinating for so long. Lesson Learned.

Aleks courses listed as expired at ACE - Getiton1 - 10-28-2013

Thanks so much for letting us know! And CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Aleks courses listed as expired at ACE - Getiton1 - 10-28-2013

You can do it! When you do, tell us all about it. If you happen to pass after the first and it works, please let us know on this thread! I can't cram anymore in than I am already. I just had two papers due for TESC, a mandatory work event and 2 CLEP's in the next 5 days, so I am anxiously awaiting to see if ALEK's re-certs with ACE! I sure hope they do! I had my heart set on ALEKS! Good luck as you study Smile -T

Aleks courses listed as expired at ACE - keylargo_diver - 10-30-2013

I just received an e-mail from ALEKS stating

"ALEKS is continuing the process of renewing our accreditation arrangement with the American Council on Education (ACE), which must be done every few years. This arrangement involves a course review phase, which we will be entering shortly. It is likely to take several weeks."

So it looks like ALEKS will be out for a while.

I was pleasantly surprised to find this in my e-mail inbox. It was sent a few hours before I sent an e-mail asking about the status of the renewal process through there web site. They actually followed up on my previous e-mail.

It looks like it's time to tackle the College Mathematics CLEP.

Aleks courses listed as expired at ACE - JBtesc - 10-30-2013

keylargo_diver Wrote:I just received an e-mail from ALEKS stating

"ALEKS is continuing the process of renewing our accreditation arrangement with the American Council on Education (ACE), which must be done every few years. This arrangement involves a course review phase, which we will be entering shortly. It is likely to take several weeks."

So it looks like ALEKS will be out for a while.

I was pleasantly surprised to find this in my e-mail inbox. It was sent a few hours before I sent an e-mail asking about the status of the renewal process through there web site. They actually followed up on my previous e-mail.

It looks like it's time to tackle the College Mathematics CLEP.

I got the same email tonight. I also talked to them earlier today and the woman said "no later than april of next year" but it seemed like an entirely random timeframe she pulled out of the air. Sad

Aleks courses listed as expired at ACE - Getiton1 - 10-31-2013

No later than APRIL OF NEXT YEAR? Are you kidding me? That's ridiculous.

I was explaining the ALEK's/ACE quandary and the reason I have been so stressed out lately to my husband. He said the most logical thing, "Well didn't ALEK's know that they're accreditation was going to expire? And if they knew, why didn't they apply sooner?" I was speechless. That made me think, they might know they are not going to get it??? Or maybe someone dropped the ball? Or maybe ACE is taking it's time? I don't know, all I know is it stinks.

I talked to one of the Customer Service Reps today. He was very nice, and said they applied for renewal with ACE, but since ALEKS made changes to the curriculum, there was no way of knowing how long it would take ACE to decide if the changes were up to par with ACE certification. I am so bummed about ALEK disappearing. Oh well! What's the Straighterline equivalent of Intermediate Algebra that I can grab my 3 math credits for TESC and be done with this stress?

Hey, for all you folks pulling ALEK's all nighters right now...may the force be with you Smile
-T

JBtesc Wrote:I got the same email tonight. I also talked to them earlier today and the woman said "no later than april of next year" but it seemed like an entirely random timeframe she pulled out of the air. Sad

Aleks courses listed as expired at ACE - JBtesc - 10-31-2013

I also wonder if maybe the unusual delay this time is because they're drastically changing things.

Like perhaps setting up the final exam with proctorU.

Aleks courses listed as expired at ACE - Getiton1 - 10-31-2013

Oh, I hope not. I would rather just take my time filling up my pie.

It's OK anyway, I heard back from my TESC Advisor tonight and she tells/emailed me to let me know that College Math CLEP will meet the 3 College Math Credits I need to proceed in the Nursing curriculum (in order to graduate on time). From her comment, as well as the comments on Instant Cert from total Math phobes like me that say they passed the College Math CLEP; I am just going to study hard and go for it! I have nothing to lose. I can't believe how close I am to finishing! As long as I can get these last 2 pre-requesits done (math and gen ed), I should be fine and in line to graduate in June 2013 and hopefully WALK in September 2013! If I do, I will post and see if anyone else from here is walking as well. It would be cool to meet some of you in September of next year!

Okay, have a good night everyone, it's been a nutty week, and I think I finally have a plan/an agreement with TESC on how to gather my credits before December and graduate on time in June. I can't wait to walk in September! I have waited so long and worked so hard for this! I owe a great deal of my success to this forum Big Grin

Thank youSmile
Tara

JBtesc Wrote:I also wonder if maybe the unusual delay this time is because they're drastically changing things.

Like perhaps setting up the final exam with proctorU.

Aleks courses listed as expired at ACE - ironheadjack - 11-01-2013

ironheadjack Wrote:Someone else already pointed this out, but ALEKS is completely gone off the ACE website. If you go to the ACE site and look under all the organizations that start with "A", ALEKS is no where to be found.

There are quite a few organizations who haven't offered any ACE approved courses in over a year, but yet they are still listed. Very suspicious.....

Now this is interesting.

As I said a month ago, ALEKS was taken off of the list of organizations that start with "A". You really had to search to find ALEKS listed on their site; but today ALEKS is back on the front page where it used to be.

I find it interesting that it is back in the list of organizations, but I find it more interesting that after 14 years of ACE accreditation ALEKS mysteriously lets there accreditation expire.