Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
$900 Patten Elmwood Master of Leadership and Management (NA DEAC) - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: Graduate School Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Graduate-School-Discussion)
+--- Thread: $900 Patten Elmwood Master of Leadership and Management (NA DEAC) (/Thread-900-Patten-Elmwood-Master-of-Leadership-and-Management-NA-DEAC)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: $900 Patten Elmwood Master of Leadership and Management (NA DEAC) - eLearner - 07-21-2024

(07-21-2024, 01:05 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Oh snap, I got lost in translation... err... time, thought this was the same institution from a few years ago! Oh yes, it even says on their webpage that they're NA DEAC and not to confuse them with the older defunct "Patten University".  https://www.patten.edu/accreditationandlicensure

It is the same. Same President. Same location.

(07-21-2024, 08:09 AM)freeloader Wrote: I was trying to find additional information about Elmwood Institute and found a job ad for President of the institution:

https://www.ziprecruiter.com/c/NewUni,-Inc./Job/President,-Elmwood-Institute/-in-Oakland,CA?jid=36ce518260f43003

Elmwood is meant to provide educational opportunities in Africa and the goal is for it to become a stand-alone degree granting university. 

This is certainly conjectural on my part, but I would be surprised if Elmwood substantially expands their offerings at this price point to people in the US. I would think they are trying to offer degrees through Elmwood in anticipation of seeking accreditation for it independent of Patten, establishing a history of students attending and graduating from Elmwood, and/or building critical mass of students (of any origin) prior to shifting to African students primarily or exclusively. 

It doesn’t make much business sense for Patten to cannibalize their own students from the US long term.  Again conjectural, but I would imagine they will raise the price to American students (to be more in line with Patten) or restrict to African students eventually.

Honestly, I doubt Patten University is getting many enrollments. The price is too high for degrees that can be gotten elsewhere from schools with better recognition. So Elmwood could be a bigger play than it seems because Patten may need it to stay afloat.

RE: $900 Patten Elmwood Master of Leadership and Management (NA DEAC) - allvia - 07-21-2024

(07-20-2024, 07:27 PM)TINASAM Wrote: Screw it, I'm in.

I applied as well.  newdegree talked me into it, ha.  I'm not sure if I'll commit, but we'll see how it plays out.

RE: $900 Patten Elmwood Master of Leadership and Management (NA DEAC) - newdegree - 07-21-2024

(07-21-2024, 09:40 AM)allvia Wrote:
(07-20-2024, 07:27 PM)TINASAM Wrote: Screw it, I'm in.

I applied as well.  newdegree talked me into it, ha.  I'm not sure if I'll commit, but we'll see how it plays out.
Haha glad I was a good influence , trust me I would of done it but I’m not sure how much imma have on my plate this semester

RE: $900 Patten Elmwood Master of Leadership and Management (NA DEAC) - bjcheung77 - 07-21-2024

For NA option, this is hard to beat, seems very solid in the classes offered... It's similar to the 3K HAU MBA, very hard to beat... I would wonder how the classes are going to go... Interesting to say the least.

RE: $900 Patten Elmwood Master of Leadership and Management (NA DEAC) - MichaelGates - 07-21-2024

I too am interested in this program. The main questions I have are related to the proctoring of exams and quizzes. Living in a small town I have had trouble with other programs in the past because of not being able  to find a suitable proctor. While the online catalog answers a few of the questions about proctoring, it certainly doesn't tell how many times one will need a proctor.

RE: $900 Patten Elmwood Master of Leadership and Management (NA DEAC) - newdegree - 07-21-2024

I wonder how many transfer credits will they accept , I love me some cheap and fast degrees haha anyway I can speed up the process helps. Degreeforum and the sister forum has helped me a lot over the years find my degree and options.

RE: $900 Patten Elmwood Master of Leadership and Management (NA DEAC) - Jonathan Whatley - 07-21-2024

(07-21-2024, 12:40 PM)newdegree Wrote: I wonder how many transfer credits will they accept

Per the Transfer Credit section of their catalog, up to 50% of the degree. "Approval for specific courses will be determined individually, based on the breadth, scope, organization, and quality of the coursework in relation to the courses required by Elmwood Institute." Foreign credits require certified course-by-course evaluation by an approved evaluator.

Hmm maybe some of my masters degree credits and my VUL doctorate could get me 15-18 credits

RE: $900 Patten Elmwood Master of Leadership and Management (NA DEAC) - TINASAM - 07-21-2024

This will really be helpful for me because even though I have a little associate degree in business, my bachelor and other master is social science. So the inclusion of a management and leadership degree will be a nice add on without it being an MBA Smile

RE: $900 Patten Elmwood Master of Leadership and Management (NA DEAC) - raekwon - 07-21-2024

I might do this after finishing this WGU bachelors just to 1) knock a masters degree out and 2) see how some of these courses might transfer to MBA programs I might apply to afterwards.