Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Sophia to Pierpont - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Specific College Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Specific-College-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Pierpont and other Associates Degrees (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Pierpont-and-other-Associates-Degrees)
+--- Thread: Sophia to Pierpont (/Thread-Sophia-to-Pierpont)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Sophia to Pierpont - bjcheung77 - 05-17-2024

"Also, has anyone heard if Pierpont accepts Lifespan Development from Sophia?" Yes, Pierpont will take anything that has ACE recommendation for credit towards their electives. You've found your final non-touchstone class that you're looking for!

RE: Sophia to Pierpont - The need 2 learn - 05-19-2024

(05-17-2024, 12:05 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: "Also, has anyone heard if Pierpont accepts Lifespan Development from Sophia?"  Yes, Pierpont will take anything that has ACE recommendation for credit towards their electives.  You've found your final non-touchstone class that you're looking for!

Thank you! Would this hold true for Introduction to College Mathematics? I'm quick with math so I could knock this out faster than having to read Lifespan Development.

RE: Sophia to Pierpont - jg_nuy - 05-19-2024

Pierpont does not accept intro to college math. You could do college algebra and/or intro to stats.

RE: Sophia to Pierpont - The need 2 learn - 05-21-2024

Thank you to everyone on this thread who offered advice and guided me toward finishing quickly. I’ve completed my journey and am now waiting for the next steps from Pierpont.

RE: Sophia to Pierpont - bjcheung77 - 05-21-2024

Great work! That's all it is to it... just keep taking Sophia.org classes until you have about 90+ credits and you can ladder that to UMPI for a BAS or BLS, BA, BABA depending on your needs. In regards to the Intro to College Math, Pierpont may not take it, but you're using it for elective credit for UMPI, (or another institution such as Excelsior or TESU as they take the class). Here's the WIKI, keep taking more classes that go towards these institutions I just mentioned https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sophia.org_Equivalency_List

RE: Sophia to Pierpont - The need 2 learn - 05-24-2024

(05-21-2024, 02:22 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Great work! That's all it is to it... just keep taking Sophia.org classes until you have about 90+ credits and you can ladder that to UMPI for a BAS or BLS, BA, BABA depending on your needs.  In regards to the Intro to College Math, Pierpont may not take it, but you're using it for elective credit for UMPI, (or another institution such as Excelsior or TESU as they take the class).  Here's the WIKI, keep taking more classes that go towards these institutions I just mentioned https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sophia.org_Equivalency_List

bjcheung77, thank you for all the advice! I have a few more questions. I found that some of the information on the Degree Forum Wiki regarding the process for Pierpont is outdated. What is the typical wait time for credits to appear on the unofficial transcript?

I have explored UMPI degrees and have some questions. Should I start a new thread, or can this be reassigned and renamed to “Sophia to Pierpont to UMPI”?

I’m not entirely sure I want to proceed due to the issues I experienced with Labster yesterday. I spent 3 hours and 30 minutes with their tech support, but the issue was not resolved. Is there another way to earn a lab credit for UMPI?

RE: Sophia to Pierpont - Jonathan Whatley - 05-24-2024

Note from the breadcrumb-trail links at the top of this page that this thread is in the Pierpont section. Because questions about moving onward to UMPI will pertain mostly to UMPI policies, you should probably create a new thread in the UMPI section.

RE: Sophia to Pierpont - bjcheung77 - 05-24-2024

That's strange, do you have another laptop or desktop? What do you use and what was the issue/errors? Labster is required by Study.com as well (and it's not included in the month membership, it's an extra fee for Labster if you go Study.com route), as a last resort - you can always try getting their permission for taking an extra science class and have them 'exempt' you from a lab.

An example of this is when people take a 2nd year math or science that has 1st year prerequisites, it usually would override the need for the previous prerequisite if you have the credit for it and an additional 2nd year math or science to replace the intro first year class. They have this available at the high school level too for those who didn't know (example, skip comp science 11 and/or earth science 11) and go straight to Geology 12/Comp Sci 12 - I did that 30 years ago! WOW, I am old!

RE: Sophia to Pierpont - The need 2 learn - 06-10-2024

(05-24-2024, 11:20 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: That's strange, do you have another laptop or desktop?  What do you use and what was the issue/errors? Labster is required by Study.com as well (and it's not included in the month membership, it's an extra fee for Labster if you go Study.com route), as a last resort - you can always try getting their permission for taking an extra science class and have them 'exempt' you from a lab.  

An example of this is when people take a 2nd year math or science that has 1st year prerequisites, it usually would override the need for the previous prerequisite if you have the credit for it and an additional 2nd year math or science to replace the intro first year class.  They have this available at the high school level too for those who didn't know (example, skip comp science 11 and/or earth science 11) and go straight to Geology 12/Comp Sci 12 - I did that 30 years ago! WOW, I am old!

Update: I figured out the issue with Labster on my end. It works with the Firefox browser.

I hesitated to reach out to Pierpont because I heard it’s a waiting game. After a month, I emailed Mrs. Parks but didn’t hear back for a few days. I checked my unofficial transcripts and all the Sophia credits are there, but not the regional credit. Was told that it would show up and to apply for graduation before June 7th. However, the option to apply isn’t there when I click on it in the student records section. My emails to Pierpont last week before the deadline have gone unanswered. I read that you can still apply for graduation after the deadline, but your name will not appear on the printed graduation papers.

Am I clicking the wrong ‘apply to graduate’ option under student records? So far, I haven’t been impressed with Pierpont due to the lack of communication, although I understand they’re doing this on a budget for us.

RE: Sophia to Pierpont - bjcheung77 - 06-10-2024

Please email Nancy for the graduation form, you will then need to cc the registrar and/or assistant registrar for audit. I just updated the info for registrar in this Link: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-Lisa-Phillips-Nancy-Parks-Pierpont-Contacts?pid=421121#pid421121