Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
The Danger of Too Much Education Without Increasingly Responsible Experience - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: General Education-Related Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-General-Education-Related-Discussion)
+--- Thread: The Danger of Too Much Education Without Increasingly Responsible Experience (/Thread-The-Danger-of-Too-Much-Education-Without-Increasingly-Responsible-Experience)

Pages: 1 2 3

The Danger of Too Much Education Without Increasingly Responsible Experience - sanantone - 04-22-2014

cookderosa Wrote:I think it's fake...maybe this guy works for The Onion?

I thought he was fake, but a member claimed to have heard about him in the military. His frivolous lawsuits might be available as public records, but I don't feel like searching right now.

The Danger of Too Much Education Without Increasingly Responsible Experience - publius2k4 - 04-22-2014

sanantone Wrote:I thought he was fake, but a member claimed to have heard about him in the military. His frivolous lawsuits might be available as public records, but I don't feel like searching right now.

Nope....he's real:

06-40461: Hall v. Civil Air Patrol Inc, et al :: Fifth Circuit :: US Court of Appeals Cases :: Justia

This was an appeal from Mr. Hall getting thrown out in Federal Appeals Court. In the document, it states;

"Upon review of the record, and consideration of Hall's brief, we find no reversible error here. Hall's first amended complaint was twenty-five pages long and named 151 defendants, including President George W. Bush and Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld."

He's off his rocker......I hope he doesn't sue us...

To make things easy for us, he's listed many of his court documents right on his website:

Aric W Hall  -  Law Offices of Aric W Hall  -  Civil Air Patrol  -  -  - 

The Danger of Too Much Education Without Increasingly Responsible Experience - cookderosa - 04-22-2014

Chebasaz Wrote:Where people get in trouble is trying to skip rungs.

That. And it gets harder as you get older, because if you change ladders, you have to be willing to go lower than you might already be elsewhere....so people get antsy and think hyper-educating is the answer.

The Danger of Too Much Education Without Increasingly Responsible Experience - IrishJohn - 04-22-2014

Interestingly enough though, with a PhD he could go right into teaching at the local community college. That might lead to better connections for the future - certainly better than at WalMart!

The Danger of Too Much Education Without Increasingly Responsible Experience - Prloko - 04-23-2014

IrishJohn Wrote:Interestingly enough though, with a PhD he could go right into teaching at the local community college. That might lead to better connections for the future - certainly better than at WalMart!

Who knows, maybe with his education and experience, he'll get fast-tracked and get into a team lead position, then manager, store manager, etc. (If that is how Walmart works, I never found out).

The Danger of Too Much Education Without Increasingly Responsible Experience - sanantone - 04-23-2014

He's been at Walmart for over 2 years. Fast food restaurants promote people faster than that if they're worth anything.