Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Finally!!!!!!!! - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: General Education-Related Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-General-Education-Related-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Finally!!!!!!!! (/Thread-Finally)

Pages: 1 2 3

Finally!!!!!!!! - lmech - 02-17-2009

Nice. You should be very proud of yourself. I'm happy for you. Way to stick it out! Enjoy, you are now a college graduate.Big Grin

Finally!!!!!!!! - Lindagerr - 02-17-2009

[SIZE="6"]CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!![/SIZE]

It is always nice to see an I finished post. It is a big dose of encouragement for us all.

Finally!!!!!!!! - martialartist - 02-17-2009

congrats! I hope to join you with my own I'm finished post in the summer.

Finally!!!!!!!! - cbrchris - 02-17-2009

Congratulations!

Finally!!!!!!!! - gus - 02-17-2009

Congratulations! It's celebration time!

Finally!!!!!!!! - barcotta - 02-17-2009

Nice work. Reminds me of one of my absolute most favorite quotes:

”Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race." --Calvin Coolidge

Congratulations!

Finally!!!!!!!! - dc67 - 02-17-2009

Thank you everyone for your support. Through out this journey, I have always had my friends here on IC to come to. I love my wife and kids, dont get me wrong, but we are all in this together. By far, the best $20/ month I have ever spent. My kids are still a few years away from college but when they start to get close, I will use my buddy farmboy as an example. Start testing in high school while a lot of the basic stuff is still fresh. Hopefully they have learned from me, not to wait until you are 41 to finish school.

What is next???? Back to my life. Like many of you, I have sacrificed a lot of time studying for tests and taking classes. I have not had a semester off in over 3 years. I was really looking at going for an MBA but the ECE's took their toll on my GPA and now that doesn't appear as realistic. Plus, I am just ready for a break!!!! My wife is in school to be a nurse so I need to pick up more of the slack around the house and encourage her. I have a really good job with General Electric as a Develpment engine assembly supervisor. Like the rest of the country, we are getting ready to have a big layoff with more to follow in the fall, so for now I just hope to hang onto the job I have. I feel a little better with a degree to go with my experience now (atleast once it is conferred). I also know, there are many out of work people with degrees and experience but it is one more thing for the old resume.

Like many other people, I have hit ruts along the way and then here at the end, a few failed tests, but I encourage everyone to stay the fight. I cannot explain the feeling I had when my score popped up today and I new I was done.I could actually go on forever probably, as many of you know, I am rarely short on opinion or words. I hope to be able to encourage as many people as I can going forward, and just for Gary, throw in a political opinion every now and then. Once again [SIZE="5"]THANK YOU[SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]and good night[/SIZE].

Doug[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Finally!!!!!!!! - mapalo - 02-17-2009

[SIZE="7"]OMG Doug I am so SO Happppppy for you[/SIZE]

Congrats Doug my goodness....I am doing a little dance for you

I sent you a PM

Mapalo

Finally!!!!!!!! - dc67 - 02-17-2009

Thanks Mwansa, you sound almost as excited as me!!!!!

Doug

Finally!!!!!!!! - mapalo - 02-17-2009

dc67 Wrote:Thanks Mwansa, you sound almost as excited as me!!!!!

Doug

Doug I feel like we have been in this journey together especially the last five or so Exams we had almost the same Exams and I drew alot of strength and courange from you......and you heard me always when I was complaning or just needed some encouragement

I feel like I will stand on Top of the Roof and tell the whole world that Doug is finished and let them know to stay tuned for my "I am done email"

Mapalo