Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
UMPI new masters programs - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Specific College Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Specific-College-Discussion)
+--- Forum: UMPI - University of Maine at Presque Isle Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-UMPI-University-of-Maine-at-Presque-Isle-Discussion)
+--- Thread: UMPI new masters programs (/Thread-UMPI-new-masters-programs)

Pages: 1 2

RE: UMPI new masters programs - karehiro - 10-22-2024

(Yesterday, 11:20 AM)ss20ts Wrote:
(Yesterday, 10:42 AM)karehiro Wrote:
(10-21-2024, 10:26 PM)ss20ts Wrote: This is just rumors at this point. UMPI has not confirmed these degrees. Rumors have been going on about a bachelor's in CS since at least 2021. Currently UMPI does not offer a BS in the YourPace program. If these programs happen, that's awesome, but don't wait on them since these are rumors.

While its true that there's currently no declared timeline as of yet, it's more than a rumor at this point and should be considered confirmed. The school is already hiring faculty for YourPace programs of Computer Science, Health Administration, Science and Mathematics, as well as hiring an Executive Director for YourPace. This is through their own jobs website: https://fa-ewca-saasfaprod1.fa.ocs.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX_1/requisitions?lastSelectedFacet=ORGANIZATIONS&mode=location&selectedOrganizationsFacet=300000014113651

You do realize that some of these positions have been listed in the past, right? Just because they are hiring doesn't mean that the programs will be coming any time soon. Like I said the CS rumor has been around since at least 2021 and it started before the on campus program began. I've been around UMPI longer than anyone here. I've seen dozens and dozens of rumors about programs and things happening on social media since 2020. Most of it has never happened. The few things that did happen took well over a year to take place.

That's not true at all. These specific positions for YourPace have never been posted until this year within the last few months. You can confirm this yourself by using Google cached search results, archive.is, and results from job postings such as ZipRecruiter or Indeed. These job vacancies for Computer Science, Health Administration, and the Science and Mathematics weren't discussed or posted on this forum or on the UMPI YourPace Discord either until this year within the last few months. You'll find job vacancies such as this which listed wanted faculty for all the available YourPace programs but not for the proposed ones we're talking about: https://www.ziprecruiter.com/c/University-of-Maine-at-Presque-Isle/Job/Part-time-Faculty-(YourPace)/-in-Presque-Isle,ME?jid=af31a8089c96e5cf

I've also been keeping tabs on CBE programs for years including UMPI's before this forum which is why I was the first one to find 3 different CBE programs that had never been known here before, so I'm well aware of the rumors regarding these programs, since those rumors come from the UoMaine Board of Trustees plans all the way in April 2020 and the UMPI Evaluator report in 2021, as well as emails from officials at the school about the program. In fact I already posted about speaking with Dr. Susan Chang in Jan 2022 about it on this forum 2 years ago: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-UMPI-YourPace-Computer-Science?pid=363523#pid363523

It's no longer just a "rumor" when this is the first time they have been actively hiring faculty for the specific programs mentioned (not faculty for the on-campus programs which were previously the case). And the fact that they state they're keeping candidates' applications on file for a year for that specific purpose. So you can say that because it has no start date as of yet that it's a "rumor", but its not at all accurate to say these job vacancies were around before this year, and that's tangible evidence for these programs being upcoming unlike previous talks about it.

RE: UMPI new masters programs - ss20ts - 10-22-2024

(Yesterday, 01:07 PM)karehiro Wrote: That's not true at all. These specific positions for YourPace have never been posted until this year within the last few months. You can confirm this yourself by using Google cached search results, archive.is, and results from job postings such as ZipRecruiter or Indeed. These job vacancies for Computer Science, Health Administration, and the Science and Mathematics weren't discussed or posted on this forum or on the UMPI YourPace Discord either until this year within the last few months. You'll find job vacancies such as this which listed wanted faculty for all the available YourPace programs but not for the proposed ones we're talking about: https://www.ziprecruiter.com/c/University-of-Maine-at-Presque-Isle/Job/Part-time-Faculty-(YourPace)/-in-Presque-Isle,ME?jid=af31a8089c96e5cf

I've also been keeping tabs on CBE programs for years including UMPI's before this forum which is why I was the first one to find 3 different CBE programs that had never been known here before, so I'm well aware of the rumors regarding these programs, since those rumors come from the UoMaine Board of Trustees plans all the way in April 2020 and the UMPI Evaluator report in 2021, as well as emails from officials at the school about the program. In fact I already posted about speaking with Dr. Susan Chang in Jan 2022 about it on this forum 2 years ago: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-UMPI-YourPace-Computer-Science?pid=363523#pid363523

It's no longer just a "rumor" when this is the first time they have been actively hiring faculty for the specific programs mentioned (not faculty for the on-campus programs which were previously the case). And the fact that they state they're keeping candidates' applications on file for a year for that specific purpose. So you can say that because it has no start date as of yet that it's a "rumor", but its not at all accurate to say these job vacancies were around before this year, and that's tangible evidence for these programs being upcoming unlike previous talks about it.

They have been advertising the healthcare administration positions for several months. And yes it was for YourPace. There was talk about this program joining YP last year and positions were listed. They have also listed positions in CS in the past as well. UMPI has also had positions listed and the programs say no changes in the past.  I am well aware of positions that have been listed over the last several years because I have watched them closely as an alumni and the first person from this forum to attend and graduate from UMPI. 

Until the programs are listed on the website and accepting students they are just rumors. Keeping resumes on file for a year is pretty meaningless. Every organization does this. 

Dr. Chang left UMPI awhile ago. Doesn't matter what she said 2 years ago. UMPI has wanted to grow YourPace since it was created by Vice Chancellor Dorsey.

(Yesterday, 03:07 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(Yesterday, 01:07 PM)karehiro Wrote: That's not true at all. These specific positions for YourPace have never been posted until this year within the last few months. You can confirm this yourself by using Google cached search results, archive.is, and results from job postings such as ZipRecruiter or Indeed. These job vacancies for Computer Science, Health Administration, and the Science and Mathematics weren't discussed or posted on this forum or on the UMPI YourPace Discord either until this year within the last few months. You'll find job vacancies such as this which listed wanted faculty for all the available YourPace programs but not for the proposed ones we're talking about: https://www.ziprecruiter.com/c/University-of-Maine-at-Presque-Isle/Job/Part-time-Faculty-(YourPace)/-in-Presque-Isle,ME?jid=af31a8089c96e5cf

They have been advertising the healthcare administration positions for several months. And yes it was for YourPace. There was talk about this program joining YP last year and positions were listed. They have also listed positions in CS in the past as well. UMPI has also had positions listed and the programs say no changes in the past.  I am well aware of positions that have been listed over the last several years because I have watched them closely as an alumni and the first person from this forum to attend and graduate from UMPI. 

Until the programs are listed on the website and accepting students they are just rumors. Keeping resumes on file for a year is pretty meaningless. Every organization does this. 

Dr. Chang left UMPI awhile ago. Doesn't matter what she said 2 years ago. UMPI has wanted to grow YourPace since it was created by Vice Chancellor Dorsey.

That Health Administration faculty position is the one in my original link if you scroll down the job positions. They posted that up in August of this year. They have never posted any faculty positions for the YourPace programs for Health Administration, Computer Science, or Science And Mathematics on their jobs board or any external job boards besides within the last few months of this year which I've already stated. You can easily disprove that if there's any evidence by just posting up one message post or link or announcement from a previous time. 

You also state that its just "rumors" when the actual UMPI Health Administration program website directly states under "Online Offering" that they'll soon unveil the YourPace Health Administration program here: https://www.umpi.edu/academics/academic_programs/health-administration/#po04

"
Quote:For students who want to pursue Health Administration and are looking for an option that is 100% online, UMPI will soon have a new addition to its lineup of YourPace program offerings. The learning modality for all YourPace offerings is asynchronous, meaning students will be able to learn on their own schedules and at their own pace. They’ll also get dedicated faculty, academic success coaches, and professional academic advisors to help support them through degree completion. More information on this exciting development will be coming soon.

You can say that all of this is "meaningless" without a set start date, but these aren't just "rumors" at this point, and its a fact that those job vacancies weren't up in all those previous announcements from earlier forum posts and threads before this year. In none of those forum posts, Discord posts, or announcements were there UMPI faculty job ads for the YourPace CS and Health Administration degrees before this year in those vacancies I put down. Not one reference. The vacancies posted previously were for degrees available already through YourPace.

RE: UMPI new masters programs - ss20ts - 10-22-2024

You're new here and appear to be an eager beaver. There was a job several months ago listed for the healthcare administration and I know it existed because someone I know applied for it. It is not the job you are seeing now.

They have to have hired faculty for positions you don't see such as math and science because there are faculty teaching those courses! They have had courses in those 2 fields since the program was created.

UMPI is VERY sloooooooow to do things. Yes, there is a spot on the new website that says the program is coming soon. Soon doesn't mean anything. The move to Brightspace took well over a year to happen even though they were all set to go. It ended up delayed by over a year. I have far more experience with UMPI than you and understand how sloooooow they are to do anything.

(Yesterday, 05:01 PM)ss20ts Wrote: You're new here and appear to be an eager beaver. There was a job several months ago listed for the healthcare administration and I know it existed because someone I know applied for it. It is not the job you are seeing now.

They have to have hired faculty for positions you don't see such as math and science because there are faculty teaching those courses! They have had courses in those 2 fields since the program was created.

UMPI is VERY sloooooooow to do things. Yes, there is a spot on the new website that says the program is coming soon. Soon doesn't mean anything. The move to Brightspace took well over a year to happen even though they were all set to go. It ended up delayed by over a year. I have far more experience with UMPI than you and understand how sloooooow they are to do anything.

Well I've been a registered member here since January 2022. If that counts as "new" then you have quite an interesting definition of what that is considering your tenure is a year and some handful of months more? I've also been perusing the Degreeinfo and Degreeforum boards for years before that so don't mistake my lack of posts here as a lack of knowledge on these issues. I have been the first one here to introduce 3 different CBE programs in my 3 threads to this forum before anyone here even became aware of them precisely because I do stay on top of news and announcements.

Again, that's fine if UMPI is slow with things. I haven't stated at all that these programs are "here coming right now" or even "coming in the next term". That's a strawman argument for something which I have not argued for or stated at all. However "not having a start date" or even programs being delayed/slow-walked doesn't equate to being a "rumor".

This is the first time they are posting job vacancies for these specific programs for YourPace. You claim that these programs are "rumors" when the actual official website states that its "coming soon" and now there are job ads for the specific positions when previously there were none. You state there's been vacancies before August of this year, when there's absolutely no evidence of it being posted anywhere, whether by official announcement or an informal forum post or reference. I already posted a ZipRecruiter classifieds from last year showing vacancies for YourPace adjunct positions (the job postings which are now closed) so it would be incredibly simple to disprove what I'm saying and show any other job vacancy postings from those previous times, if there is any evidence for that.

RE: UMPI new masters programs - Samhain408 - 10-23-2024

(Yesterday, 09:16 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Interesting, you're thinking of going for the WGU MSML but the MAOL isn't appealing for you... They're the same type of degree, both in Leadership and they're business related if you didn't know already... It won't be soon enough that they add another degree, my suggestion is to stick with HAU MBA or WGU MBA for now if the MSML and MAOL isn't what you need.
Despite the fact that there isn't really a difference between the two the majority of recruiters will hold a Masters of Science in higher regard than a Master of Arts. Also Management and Leadership sounds like you are focusing on those two subjects. Organizational Leadership is too broad. If you are looking for a degree that covers business as a whole sn MBA would be a better fit than a MAOL. I have very specific goals and job titles I am trying to obtain. No knock on the MAOL it just won't get me to where I am trying to go.