Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Time to get a degree using CLEPs - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: General Education-Related Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-General-Education-Related-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Time to get a degree using CLEPs (/Thread-Time-to-get-a-degree-using-CLEPs)

Pages: 1 2

Time to get a degree using CLEPs - ChaserRu - 10-27-2007

I was going to take one next Friday but I need to give them 2 week notice I found out. I'm doing the following Friday, then. I was going to take U.S. History II: 1865 to the Present.

What would you guys recommend for a good first one? I just like that test because it's one of my core classes.

cookderosa Wrote:>>

Did you take one yesterday or are you waiting until next week? Which one are you starting with?

Time to get a degree using CLEPs - vewdew - 10-27-2007

ChaserRu Wrote:I was going to take one next Friday but I need to give them 2 week notice I found out. I'm doing the following Friday, then. I was going to take U.S. History II: 1865 to the Present.

What would you guys recommend for a good first one? I just like that test because it's one of my core classes.

Intro to Psych > Intro to Edu Psych > Human Growth & Develpment

These all overlap so much its almost like taking the same test. I also found the content to be easier to master because it revolves more around your understanding of concepts as opposed to raw memorization. I'd say that you could sit for all 3 of these at once with only a minimal amount of additional studying. However, I'd be cautious of doing that right out of the gate, having never taken a CLEP exam.

Time to get a degree using CLEPs - cookderosa - 10-27-2007

ChaserRu Wrote:I was going to take one next Friday but I need to give them 2 week notice I found out. I'm doing the following Friday, then. I was going to take U.S. History II: 1865 to the Present.

>>

I took that one, and *I* am not a history person, so it was hard for me. I will say I didn't think II was as bad as US History I.

It depends on what you need, but I think a lot of people would agree that some of the easier ones include Human Growth and Development (3), Intro Sociology (3), Intro Psychology (3), and Analyzing Interpreting Literature (6). If you are a math person, College Math (6) would be doable.

I'm good at math and would like to take college math but that only transfers as a math elective at my school. But I may do it anyway since it's 6 credits.

Time to get a degree using CLEPs - autoequip - 10-27-2007

If you are good at cramming and testing you can finish a semester in a week. My best yet is 9 UL ECE exams in a week (2A's 1B) and I have a family and run my own business. Will you learn anything? Probably not. Just goes to show what a degree is really worth.

Time to get a degree using CLEPs - autoequip - 10-27-2007

One more thing check out bain4weeks.com

Well you guys have convinced me. I am going to finish my semester at my local school, I am taking some easy classes right now then test out of the rest.

Time to get a degree using CLEPs - austinpwrz - 10-27-2007

I've passed some the easier Cleps with 3-4 full days of cramming. They are:

Principles of Mgmt
Analyzing and Interpreting Lit (not much study at all required here)
Into to Psych/Human Growth and Development (I took both exams on the same day since they overlap)

I think you could take an exam a week with some of the "easier" exams, particularly if you have a good memory. Others will require more study time.