Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
HOW should I finish high school??? - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: General Education-Related Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-General-Education-Related-Discussion)
+--- Thread: HOW should I finish high school??? (/Thread-HOW-should-I-finish-high-school)

Pages: 1 2

HOW should I finish high school??? - Mamasaphire - 04-08-2016

cookderosa Wrote:I don't want to share someone's personal information, and I'm not sure if this poster will update this thread, but I wanted to say that this story had an EXCEPTIONALLY happy ending!! Smile

I would love to hear an update if the OP would like to share sometime!

HOW should I finish high school??? - Callque - 04-10-2016

Mamasaphire Wrote:I would love to hear an update if the OP would like to share sometime!

Sure! I'll just go ahead and paste what I sent to cookderosa:

Hello cookderosa,

I just wanted to tell you that I followed your advice and created my transcript and my parents signed it. Because of your advice, my transcript was accepted and I was able to enroll in my local community college and I will be graduating with my associate's degree with a 4.0 GPA and honors this summer and transferring to a university to get my Bachelor's thereafter. I didn't think I would ever be able to enter into a traditional college because of how horrible my high school education was and had resigned myself to getting a GED and going to cosmetology school since I believed that was the highest level of education I'd ever have the opportunity to achieve. Before I took out loans to go to cosmetology school, I kept remembering what you told me and I decided to take a wild shot at it and now my life, goals, and opportunities have completely changed. I'm getting emotional while writing this, but I never forgot how you helped me. I would have never found out about creating my own transcript if it weren't for you and who knows where I'd be now. You didn't have to help a random stranger like me on the internet but you did anyway, and I cannot thank you enough for helping me and setting me on this path. Thank you, thank you, thank you from the bottom of my heart. I truly believe you changed my life.

You all should've seen the confused look my husband gave me when I was getting all teary-eyed on the computer :p

HOW should I finish high school??? - davewill - 04-10-2016

This is incredibly awesome!! Three cheers for Callque and Cookderosa!

Hip! Hip! Hooray!
Hip! Hip! Hooray!
Hip! Hip! Hooray!

HOW should I finish high school??? - bjcheung77 - 04-10-2016

Callque Wrote:Sure! I'll just go ahead and paste what I sent to cookderosa:

Hello cookderosa,

I just wanted to tell you that I followed your advice and created my transcript and my parents signed it. Because of your advice, my transcript was accepted and I was able to enroll in my local community college and I will be graduating with my associate's degree with a 4.0 GPA and honors this summer and transferring to a university to get my Bachelor's thereafter. I didn't think I would ever be able to enter into a traditional college because of how horrible my high school education was and had resigned myself to getting a GED and going to cosmetology school since I believed that was the highest level of education I'd ever have the opportunity to achieve. Before I took out loans to go to cosmetology school, I kept remembering what you told me and I decided to take a wild shot at it and now my life, goals, and opportunities have completely changed. I'm getting emotional while writing this, but I never forgot how you helped me. I would have never found out about creating my own transcript if it weren't for you and who knows where I'd be now. You didn't have to help a random stranger like me on the internet but you did anyway, and I cannot thank you enough for helping me and setting me on this path. Thank you, thank you, thank you from the bottom of my heart. I truly believe you changed my life.

You all should've seen the confused look my husband gave me when I was getting all teary-eyed on the computer :p

Now this is another one of those inspirational threads that keep me trucking along to my Bachelors degree. This forum, the wikia, and the sister forum, along with the members are very helpful and provide great advice. I am also energetic, hopeful and now even more motivated to go for my goal.

Thank you for sharing this.

HOW should I finish high school??? - Mamasaphire - 04-10-2016

Callque Wrote:Hello cookderosa,

Callque Wrote:You all should've seen the confused look my husband gave me when I was getting all teary-eyed on the computer :p

I got a little teary eyed just reading it!! What a beautiful story, and will be such an encouragement to others -- thank you for sharing!
And from personal experience, I know Jennifer has a heart to help others. She is a blessing to many.

HOW should I finish high school??? - AngelaP - 04-10-2016

That is amazing and a truly wonderful thing you did Jennifer. Smile

HOW should I finish high school??? - cookderosa - 04-10-2016

Mamasaphire Wrote:I got a little teary eyed just reading it!! What a beautiful story, and will be such an encouragement to others -- thank you for sharing!
And from personal experience, I know Jennifer has a heart to help others. She is a blessing to many.

It's because I am blessed by many <3

Posters like Callque ask lots of questions, but few follow through and do the hard work necessary to make it happen. Her part in all of this is the example to others that it CAN be done!! I just set her in the right direction, all the hard work was hers!! I'm so proud that stories like hers dot the archives of this forum. It's what keeps me coming back every day- it's my happy place.

HOW should I finish high school??? - april004 - 04-20-2016

This has to be one of the best stories I have read on here or anywhere period. I almost cried reading this. I know someone already said it..but it can' t be said enough- your are awesome Cookderosa! AWESOME!