Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Aleks courses listed as expired at ACE - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: General Education-Related Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-General-Education-Related-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Aleks courses listed as expired at ACE (/Thread-Aleks-courses-listed-as-expired-at-ACE)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Aleks courses listed as expired at ACE - Shawn A - 10-04-2013

I have started a Change.org petition asking ALEKS to reconsider. Please consider signing and sharing this link with your friends:

https://www.change.org/petitions/aleks-corporation-renew-the-ace-certification-for-upper-division-mathematics-courses#

Aleks courses listed as expired at ACE - Chebasaz - 10-04-2013

Thanks for drawing attention to this. I've updated the necessary page on FCP and hopefully the folks who haven't finished yet will take Cook's advice.

Aleks courses listed as expired at ACE - ManxomeFoe - 10-04-2013

As I posted on another thread, I sent an email requesting any update and specifically mentioned the Intro to Stats in my email. I received a VERY fast reply of:

"I’m very sorry about this problem. We are still working on this question and do not know the answer. It may be to cancel the subscription when you reach the end of the subscription period (unless you think that just using ALEKS will be helpful for the DSST). You can resubscribe at a later time if desired. I’m sorry that we do not have anything more definite to say."

I don't know if this sounds like they are expecting to renew or not. However, as of this morning (10/4) the ACE information is still up on their website. So, that give me hope.

Aleks courses listed as expired at ACE - OST - 10-04-2013

ManxomeFoe Wrote:As I posted on another thread, I sent an email requesting any update and specifically mentioned the Intro to Stats in my email. I received a VERY fast reply of:

"I’m very sorry about this problem. We are still working on this question and do not know the answer. It may be to cancel the subscription when you reach the end of the subscription period (unless you think that just using ALEKS will be helpful for the DSST). You can resubscribe at a later time if desired. I’m sorry that we do not have anything more definite to say."

I don't know if this sounds like they are expecting to renew or not. However, as of this morning (10/4) the ACE information is still up on their website. So, that give me hope.

They have at least two webpages confirming that their courses are eligible for ACE credits even though it's expired:
ALEKS Course Products
ACE Credit Courses

Isn't it false advertising keeping this up?

Aleks courses listed as expired at ACE - topdog98 - 10-04-2013

This is frustrating! I finally achieved 70% in ALEKS Trigonometry on my assessment today and can't get credit on ACE. I called customer service. The woman with whom I spoke was leaving the impression that they were in the process of renewing the courses, but she was not outright saying that they were. Her advice was to hold on until maybe next week when they are supposed to have this resolved.

Aleks courses listed as expired at ACE - sanantone - 10-04-2013

If this is a business decision based on the cost of ACE evaluation outweighing the extra customers it brings, then a petition is not going to do anything.

Aleks courses listed as expired at ACE - IrishJohn - 10-04-2013

Wow. This is not good for those students finishing their degrees now. If you just need a college level math course perhaps SL will do. College Algebra requires 70% of 500 points to get credit. Out of this only 50-75 out of a possible 200 points from the proctored final exam are needed to get to that percentage. A little bit more than ALEKS, at least under a proctored format, but still doable. SL also has statistics and accounting courses for those going for a BSBA.

Sad to see this, ALEKS helped me overcome the biggest educational obstacle I had to finishing my BA: math. Pity that other won't have this to use themselves.

Aleks courses listed as expired at ACE - gunit1 - 10-04-2013

Yes I am paranoid and this is most likely a stupid question but if you receive credit for a past course ACE accredited course, the credit is still valid, correct?

Aleks courses listed as expired at ACE - OST - 10-04-2013

. .

Aleks courses listed as expired at ACE - gunit1 - 10-04-2013

I have pre calc and intermediate algebra credit already given at TESC back in 2012, it is on my academic profile and I should be graduating in June, could this be a problem for me?