Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Framed UMPI Diploma - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Specific College Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Specific-College-Discussion)
+--- Forum: UMPI - University of Maine at Presque Isle Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-UMPI-University-of-Maine-at-Presque-Isle-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Framed UMPI Diploma (/Thread-Framed-UMPI-Diploma)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Framed UMPI Diploma - joshua27 - 07-16-2023

For everyone complaining about the appearance of the UMPI diplomas, stop.  I was among your ranks but honestly, after getting my diploma framed up in the frame that I purchased off the UMPI Spirit Store, it looks pretty damn good.  I still think the font utilized for the University name should have been in Olde English lettering but it sort of fits the theme once it is in the frame.

Check it out and let me know what you think!

[Image: DmowM5P.jpg]

RE: Framed UMPI Diploma - LevelUP - 07-16-2023

I like the look of the UMPI diplomas and that frame is awesome!

RE: Framed UMPI Diploma - bjcheung77 - 07-16-2023

(07-16-2023, 12:38 PM)LevelUP Wrote: I like the look of the UMPI diplomas and that frame is awesome!

Exactly, the new WordArt fonts don't look all that bad after all...

RE: Framed UMPI Diploma - klone - 07-16-2023

I love that they used Old English font for the name, it looks great with the frame. Congratulations.

RE: Framed UMPI Diploma - origamishuttle - 07-16-2023

I agree that it looks very nice. The blue UMPI at the top of the degree balances nicely with the blue emblem on the bottom. Congratulations!

(07-16-2023, 12:04 PM)joshua27 Wrote: I still think the font utilized for the University name should have been in Olde English lettering but it sort of fits the theme once it is in the frame.

Well, the frame's matte does have the university name in Olde English lettering, so when it's in the frame, you can have it both ways.  Wink  Interesting that the graduate's name is in italic Olde English.

RE: Framed UMPI Diploma - joshua27 - 07-16-2023

(07-16-2023, 05:11 PM)origamishuttle Wrote: I agree that it looks very nice. The blue UMPI at the top of the degree balances nicely with the blue emblem on the bottom. Congratulations!

(07-16-2023, 12:04 PM)joshua27 Wrote: I still think the font utilized for the University name should have been in Olde English lettering but it sort of fits the theme once it is in the frame.

Well, the frame's matte does have the university name in Olde English lettering, so when it's in the frame, you can have it both ways.  Wink  Interesting that the graduate's name is in italic Olde English.

I found that sort of odd that all of the writing on the diploma is in Italics.  It looks nice but its an odd choice.

Overall with the frame from the UMPI store it balances out really nicely for display purposes.  I don't it would look this nice if it was in a regular frame from Hobby Lobby.

RE: Framed UMPI Diploma - ashkir - 07-16-2023

Beautiful frame!!! I just got my UMPI BA and MA framed to match my doctorate! I gotta get a photo of them too!

RE: Framed UMPI Diploma - sixdegreesandamovie - 07-17-2023

it looks great when put all all together. congratulations again!

RE: Framed UMPI Diploma - tsgreer - 07-18-2023

Also, I wanna add, I'll still complain a bit about the look of the degree and fonts. Smile Love the frame, for sure.

But as a professional graphic designer for 20 years, I gotta say, the font selection on the actual degree is terrible. And the curved text. It really does give it the appearance that it was designed in Microsoft Word.

The frame def makes it all look better tho! And it's still something to be proud of. Good choice, OP!

RE: Framed UMPI Diploma - bjcheung77 - 07-18-2023

Hmm, I guess it would actually look better if it used the same fonts as the one on the frame... oh well...