Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
I've officially finished my BA for Graphic Design!! Thank you! - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: General Education-Related Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-General-Education-Related-Discussion)
+--- Thread: I've officially finished my BA for Graphic Design!! Thank you! (/Thread-I-ve-officially-finished-my-BA-for-Graphic-Design-Thank-you)

Pages: 1 2

I've officially finished my BA for Graphic Design!! Thank you! - mojave - 08-20-2022

First off, while I'm mostly a lurker, I wanted to let you all how wonderful this community is and how amazing everyone here is always trying to be welcoming and helpful. I've literally never met an internet group of people so devoted to helping others.

I never thought I'd get a BA degree in Graphic Design but I did! While I couldn't go through one of the big 3, I graduated within 12 months through SNHU. With only the use of Pell Grant, I was left with $7k in loans which is very, very affordable compared to my other designer friends who have $70k+ in debt.

A large majority of the posts here involve computer science, business administration, accounting, etc... but I want people to know that with enough research, you can find an affordable alternative for any major!

Ironically SNHU just changed their entire online graphic design program (going into action next week) so I'm not going to bother posting the excel sheet since its essentially useless lol. The changes they made are definitely for the better, but now have 13 classes that can't be transferred elsewhere instead of the previous 12. Still, if anyone is interested in getting a degree for Graphic Design (or Photography): SNHU is probably your best bet. Starting from scratch, Sophia covers almost everything, with Study.com and Saylor filling in some odd gaps and you'll graduate in 14 months now. 

I'm still so excited!! Its surreal, I still can't wrap my mind around the fact I'm a graduate and I managed to do it before turning thirty. Its been a long and hard journey, but so worth it. You guys give so many people hope, thank you thank you thank you!! Keep spreading your knowledge and your love -- you change people's lives.

RE: I've officially finished my BA for Graphic Design!! Thank you! - rachel83az - 08-20-2022

Congratulations!

RE: I've officially finished my BA for Graphic Design!! Thank you! - mohelena02 - 08-20-2022

Congratulations! Loved learning that you got a degree in graphic design!!

RE: I've officially finished my BA for Graphic Design!! Thank you! - P226mem - 08-20-2022

Congratulations!

RE: I've officially finished my BA for Graphic Design!! Thank you! - louise - 08-20-2022

Congratulations!!!

RE: I've officially finished my BA for Graphic Design!! Thank you! - Pats20 - 08-20-2022

Awesome !! Best of luck to you.

RE: I've officially finished my BA for Graphic Design!! Thank you! - ss20ts - 08-20-2022

Awesome news! Congrats!!! Years ago, I started working on a graphic design degree at a butts in seats program, but it was soooooo expensive that I left after 1 semester. I'm not surprised you know graphic designers who have $70K in debt for that degree. It's awesome that you found a way to get it without that $70K debt!

RE: I've officially finished my BA for Graphic Design!! Thank you! - bjcheung77 - 08-20-2022

Great stuff, congrats! Awesome you finished a degree that's not "common", as Graphic Design is pretty interesting. If you ever do want to continue towards a Bachelors in Computer Science, you can see if there is a suitable program at SNHU or you can try WGU as they've got an option, if you want to go into Software Development, the both of them offer these degrees.

RE: I've officially finished my BA for Graphic Design!! Thank you! - vintage_jacket - 08-20-2022

Congratulations!

RE: I've officially finished my BA for Graphic Design!! Thank you! - Alpha - 08-20-2022

Congratulations!  Best of luck with your next step