Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Addicted... - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Miscellaneous (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Miscellaneous)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Off-Topic)
+--- Thread: Addicted... (/Thread-Addicted--20320)

Pages: 1 2 3

Addicted... - burbuja0512 - 08-08-2014

Ohhh I can't stay away from the forum.. lol Never mind that I graduated from COSC in 2011 and got the Global MBA done in 2013. I am here to stay whether you guys like it or not lol.

I have been feeling so lost since MBA graduation and I saw this today: Online Master of Science in Global Health, Northwestern University School of Continuing Studies

Ohhhhh I want it so badly I can taste it. But seriously.. would it help my career? Couldn't hurt, but no I can't justify the 38k it would cost (minus 10k tuition assistance from work) Would it help my marriage? Oh GOD no.. sweet DH is still reeling from having every weekend dominated by school projects for the MBA. Can I think of any reason to do this? NO.. other than I WANNA.

OMG someone talk me out of applying..

Addicted... - alleycat - 08-08-2014

Ha Ha Ha you are so funny. It is truly addicting isn't it! I think if you want to or need to do it, you have too! That's just me. Is there another program similar that's less expensive?

Addicted... - burbuja0512 - 08-08-2014

Good point.. Just need to take slow breaths, think about the money, and run away.

I don't think I can advance more in my career and be happy. I am where I want to be, so this would be a totally expensive hobby.

Must. Stop. Now.

Addicted... - Jonathan Whatley - 08-08-2014

More in global health:
University of Edinburgh Global Health Academy: Online MSc's
London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine/University of London International Programmes: Masters Degrees

Addicted... - soliloquy - 08-09-2014

burbuja0512 Wrote:Ohhh I can't stay away from the forum.. lol Never mind that I graduated from COSC in 2011 and got the Global MBA done in 2013. I am here to stay whether you guys like it or not lol.

I have been feeling so lost since MBA graduation and I saw this today: Online Master of Science in Global Health, Northwestern University School of Continuing Studies

Ohhhhh I want it so badly I can taste it. But seriously.. would it help my career? Couldn't hurt, but no I can't justify the 38k it would cost (minus 10k tuition assistance from work) Would it help my marriage? Oh GOD no.. sweet DH is still reeling from having every weekend dominated by school projects for the MBA. Can I think of any reason to do this? NO.. other than I WANNA.

OMG someone talk me out of applying..

Perpetual Student Syndrome, it's almost as expensive as a gambling addiction but at least you have something to show for it when you're broke. LOL

Addicted... - KayV - 08-09-2014

I'm telling myself that this will be the year that I publish enough articles to be accepted to University of Sunderland's PhD by Published Works program. Much cheaper than Northwestern, and it's a PhD, not an EdD. Of course, then I tell myself that it would be throwing away a LOT of money just to get PhD after my name, since I'm already at the highest rank I can be on my school's salary schedule. Decisions, decisions...

Addicted... - burbuja0512 - 08-09-2014

Glad to hear I'm not the only one.. and thanks for the links to the other programs. I'm going to read those and drool....

I sooo promised myself I would never be a perpetual student. My husband's ex had that problem and he hated it. I keep telling myself that I am different than her because she never used her degrees to advance her career. (I believe that she's currently unemployed with 3 bachelors and a masters!) See? My problem isn't an addiction because it's useful! Ohh I am sooooo in denial.....

My other "problem" is that my job has tuition reimbursement. My last one didn't and I paid for my entire MBA myself. So, now I'm thinking that not studying = throwing away money. Yes, this is more justification for the addiction.

Addicted... - publius2k4 - 08-09-2014

burbuja0512 Wrote:Glad to hear I'm not the only one.. and thanks for the links to the other programs. I'm going to read those and drool....

I sooo promised myself I would never be a perpetual student. My husband's ex had that problem and he hated it. I keep telling myself that I am different than her because she never used her degrees to advance her career. (I believe that she's currently unemployed with 3 bachelors and a masters!) See? My problem isn't an addiction because it's useful! Ohh I am sooooo in denial.....

My other "problem" is that my job has tuition reimbursement. My last one didn't and I paid for my entire MBA myself. So, now I'm thinking that not studying = throwing away money. Yes, this is more justification for the addiction.

Why not get Ph.D or a DBA?

If you want something related to healthcare, Northcentral University has a DBA in Healthcare Administration

DBA in Health Care Administration Online | Northcentral University

Addicted... - publius2k4 - 08-09-2014

Also, Walden University offers a DBA in Healthcare Management

Doctoral Degree | Online DBA Degree | Walden University

Addicted... - sanantone - 08-09-2014

I also think you should go for a doctorate or go for nothing at all if it's not going to be applicable to your career. Use this guy as motivation not to become a perpetual student.
Aric W Hall  -  Resume  -  Education  -  -  -Â