Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
trouble getting TESC to accept my last credits
As long as the NFA courses are still ACE accredited, I don't know why TESC would stop accepting them. Part of the reason they stopped accepting FEMA is because they weren't accredited by ACE.
BA in Social Science-TESC
Arnold Fletcher Award

[h=1]“Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.” ~Thomas Edison[/h]
ironheadjack Wrote:As long as the NFA courses are still ACE accredited, I don't know why TESC would stop accepting them. Part of the reason they stopped accepting FEMA is because they weren't accredited by ACE.

That's not the issue, there were/are many NFA courses that are ACE approved but TESC only accepted, if memory serves, three. Who knows if this is still the case. Better safe than sorry is my point. (shrugs) With all the changes, it does not hurt to pick up the phone for confirmation. That's what got the OP into this situation.

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BA, Social Sciences. 2010. Arnold Fletcher Award.
AAS, Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies. 2011
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!
bricabrac Wrote:That's not the issue, there were/are many NFA courses that are ACE approved but TESC only accepted, if memory serves, three. Who knows if this is still the case. Better safe than sorry is my point. (shrugs) With all the changes, it does not hurt to pick up the phone for confirmation. That's what got the OP into this situation.

Is this really the case or are people only trying to get online NFA courses transcribed? About a month ago, I tried to look for more online NFA courses that are ACE-approved and couldn't find any. I only found the 3 that are always mentioned. Has anyone here tried to transfer in ACE-approved NFA courses taken on ground?
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
It's been a few years since I looked into all this stuff, but as sanantone pointed out the NFA courses listed were the only ones you could take fully online, without any gov't job affiliations.
BA in Social Science-TESC
Arnold Fletcher Award

[h=1]“Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.” ~Thomas Edison[/h]
sanantone Wrote:Is this really the case or are people only trying to get online NFA courses transcribed? About a month ago, I tried to look for more online NFA courses that are ACE-approved and couldn't find any. I only found the 3 that are always mentioned. Has anyone here tried to transfer in ACE-approved NFA courses taken on ground?

Hmmm, that's a darn good question. I only remember at the time I was taking aleks and fema in late 2009/early 2010, students talking about getting approval from TESC for 3 NFA courses. Whether they were only asking about specific courses, I honestly don't know. There is only one way to find out. I am long past looking into or asking about this. Maybe someone still interested can do the research on online/not online courses available as well as TESC's acceptance of those courses if ACE approved.

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BA, Social Sciences. 2010. Arnold Fletcher Award.
AAS, Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies. 2011
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!
update; TESC has given me credit for the Chemistry lab. I contacted SL and they sent an email to TESC detailing how to find the ACE approval for the chemistry lab. In the future if anyone has this problem contact SL to confirm the ACE approval. The problem was that TESC did not know how to navigate the ACE approval site.
As for the remaining .5 credits I am still working on that. Before the march 5th suspension of fema, I took the course 1a emergency management, only to find out that TESC only will approve, 1 emergency management. i must have looked at a past approval sheet and figured that there is not much change. I am going to challenge the ruling and ask that they approve it for only .5 credits. I have a question that maybe you guys can help with.
1) has anyone ever taken the 1a emergency management FEMA course? it would help if they accepted it in the past.
2) has anyone ever challenged a credit approval?
Thank you all for your advice on this stressful matter. i wanted to let you guys know that i appealed the FEMA 1a Emergency Management ruling and they granted it to me for full credit. for those needing credit for something appeal it. call the registrar office or email them and they will walk you through the process. it takes about a month to get a response.
I know this FEMA and TESC thing is a mute point at this stage. If you weren't already "enrolled", then you're scarred, including me - 20 credits and all. But about a month ago, I swear on this, just before my explosion with Excelsior, I received an email from TESC saying it was no longer accepting FEMA. I went to their website, and there was an article, I don't think article is the proper name to call it, it said as long as you enroll or qualify as a student by June 30th, 2014 all FEMAs courses completed before March 5 will be accepted. The article was in a PDF format, there were lots of other subjects being discussed. I guess you can call the file a newsletter. The page that talked about the FEMA had a lady on the left side of the article. I went back a few days later after my Excelsior explosion and for the life of me I could not find the article. It was removed.
Aimée
Goal: BA in Liberal Arts and ASBA in Business Administration @ TESC
In progress:
Liberal Capstone (finishing Dec 2014)
Clep Marketing (Sched 11/7)
DSST Ethics in America (Sched 11/7)

Completed:
CLEP 12: Eng Comp; Computer Applications
Straighterline 81 credits, 27 classes: Accounting 1 & 2; Anatomy & Physiology 1 & 2: Business Communications; Business Ethics; Business Law; Anthropology; Economics 1 & 2; Biology; Business; Environmental Sciences; Nutrition; Philosophy; Religions; Sociology; Organizational Behavior; Principles Management; US History 1 & 2; Western Civilization 1 & 2; Microbiology; Medical Terminology; Psychology; Criminal Justice
TEEX 6 credits: ALL
ALEKS 12/18 credits: Inter & Col Algebra; PreCalculus; all 3 statistics
BM 13: ENG 1, Legal Terminology, Stategic Thinking, Info Lit
FEMA 30 credits: completed in 2012 and 2013 ( too bad they won't transfer now, waited too long)
Kaplan 3 : PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ACCUMULATING ACCOUNTING CREDITS for CPA - WHAT COLLEGE TO USE AND FROM WHOM? germ 9 2,937 09-27-2024, 06:03 PM
Last Post: turbotortuga
  Cheap, easy graded credits for increasing GPA. Treach 9 1,046 09-05-2024, 05:18 PM
Last Post: karehiro
  Does any institution apply over 90 transfer credits? hlg38 7 934 08-24-2024, 12:08 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Transferring credits ecomony 8 519 08-19-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Which schools accept NCCRS? wow 12 709 08-17-2024, 07:22 AM
Last Post: wow
  Question about TESC credits robertturner 0 242 07-25-2024, 03:09 AM
Last Post: robertturner
  Transfer Credits for Certificates 3ichael7ambert 9 1,042 05-30-2024, 08:16 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  So... I Asked IU if they accept ACE credits, they do! elcastor21 22 3,232 05-15-2024, 04:02 AM
Last Post: Travellifter
  Best Options For Fast Credits harrypotter 11 1,176 05-10-2024, 06:00 PM
Last Post: harrypotter
  Credit Banking & cheap/free credits - Asking for a friend SweetSecret 8 2,385 04-25-2024, 07:52 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess