Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
need help getting definitions of terms
Hello, this is my first time taking a CLEP test. The course I am currently studying for is American Government. I have the official study guide to help me, but I am looking to get all the major definitions down as well. I don't want to have to purchase more material either. Is there anyone who could help me with this? Does anyone have any suggestions for websites to visit? Currently, I have visited auburn.edu, ThisNation.com, and ushistory.org
Or, if anyone has taken this course, or done the test, and would like to help me with some of the terms, that would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
Free Clep Prep at Free Clep Prep.com is a good resource and they have a list of recommended free resources and a list of low cost resources.
While it won't help with the not buying part, the Instantcert flash cards are great for that type of thing, at least as far as I've found.
Pursuing TESC BSBA CIS: ~100/120

CCAF Air & Space Operations Technology: April 2014

CLEP: Humanities, A&I Lit, SocSci & History, Intro Sociology, English Comp, Freshman College Comp, Principles of Management, History of the US I/II, Intro to Computing

DSST: InfoSys & Comp Apps, Intro to the Modern Middle East, Management Information Systems, Fundamentals of Cybersecurity, Human Resource Management, Principles of Supervision, Western Europe since 1945

AMU: Public Speaking, History of Explosive Ordnance Disposal, College Algebra

ALS (CCAF): Leadership/Management I, Managerial Communication I, Military Studies I

Sophia: Microeconomics

Straighterline: Accounting I/II

TECEP: English Comp I/II, Computer Concepts & Applications, Applied Liberal Arts Mathematics, Strategic Management (March 2017 Semester)

TESU OL: Python Programming (March 2017 Semester), Systems Analysis & Design I (March 2017 Semester)
I would recommend the InstantCert flashcards... I don't think there is a better use of $20 per month. I used the flashcards exclusively for all of my 14-16 CLEP, DSST, TECEPs, etc.
Denise

MS - Management and Leadership, WGU 2022
BS - Liberal Arts - Depths in Healthcare and Psychology, Excelsior College 2014
Certificate - Workers Comp Admin, UC Davis Extension, 1995
AA - Licensed Vocational Nursing and Selected Studies, Mesa College 1989
Certificate - Licensed Vocational Nursing (LVN), Mesa College 1977

Also, someday maybe a MS in Forensic Psychology, just for fun.   Oh, and a BS in Animal Behavior.  And, maybe when I'm 85 a PhD in something fun.

I haven't taken this particular CLEP, but I'd highly recommend signing up for the IC flashcards and accessing the Specific Exam Feedback section. Well worth the $20 - the SEF section will be a tremendous help to you (members post info pertaining to the various CLEP, DSST, UExcel, etc. exams). You will find a lot of your questions answered in the SEF.

Other resources to look into:
REA Guide
Peterson's Practice Exams

Hope this helps!
"I dwell in Possibility."  Emily Dickinson
2011-12  CLEP
 Int Psych - 75 / H G & D - 69 / Ed Psych - 72 / Am Lit - 80  / A & I Lit - 75 / Eng Lit - 73 2012-13  SL  Eng Comp I - 95.3% P /
Eng Comp II - 97.5% P 2014  EC/UEXCEL  Ab Psych - A / Soc Psych - A / Psych A & A - A  / Gerontology - A / Info Lit - P 2015 BYU Sport Psych - A / DSST Sub Abuse - 470 / Int World Rel - 481 / H T Y H - 465 / Tor College HIS 301 - 81% P 2016 EC LA498 Capstone - A
1991 AA Liberal Arts USNY Regents College
2016 BSLA Magna Cum Laude Excelsior College  - A 5 year journey COMPLETED!

2017-2019 Study.com Certs. - Am Lit/Brit Lit/Shakespeare/Poetry Review Shmoop - Shakespeare's Plays/Shakespeare in Context/Women's Lit
you need to use InstantCert flash cards and get a free REA guide from your library- you'll be all set!
Good Yellow Dog, was Instacert helpful for Teceps?
SL Business Ethics
SL intro to Business
SL Business Law
SL intro to world religion
SL Accounting 1
PF Strategic management
SL organizational behavior
SL Principles of management
SL macroeconomics
SL microeconomics
SL accounting 2
SL intro bus statistics
PF Corporate Finance
PF International Business
PF Marketing
Alek's College Algebra
SL English comp 2
PF market research
PF retail management
PF HR management
SL Business Communication
S.C Principles of Finance
That is all of my requirements completed.!!

BSBA Thomas Edison State University 2016

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Is Sophia similar to Study in terms of course format and allow Open Book exams? OP88 4 1,578 05-26-2021, 05:29 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Can someone please dumb this down for me in layman terms connieblue 2 1,053 04-19-2019, 02:58 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Easiest UExcel (in terms of scoring an A) islandcoli 8 3,405 02-18-2016, 07:16 PM
Last Post: GoodYellowDogs
  Graduate School Terms NAP 14 2,368 08-20-2012, 07:54 PM
Last Post: NAP
  MIS terms yutzyj 6 1,974 04-27-2011, 06:57 PM
Last Post: dcan
  Intro to Computers DSST - Terms anyone? cframe 5 1,353 09-05-2010, 05:46 PM
Last Post: cframe
  Names and Terms? (Soviet Union) bkbarden 2 879 05-06-2009, 12:50 PM
Last Post: bkbarden
  Glossary / Definitions for Intro to Business??? caridan 0 667 01-24-2009, 10:41 PM
Last Post: caridan
  Need Help Organizing CLEP and DSST Tests in terms of difficulty davis.anand 6 2,074 09-17-2008, 09:14 PM
Last Post: Lindagerr
  Came across a nice resource for reviewing Literery Terms NJMedic 1 1,058 07-01-2008, 05:51 PM
Last Post: citifool23