Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
first clep: sociology
hello everyone! im jen and im getting ready to take my first clep tomorrow. from what i hear Intro to Sociology shouldnt be hard... but then why am I sooooo darn nervous?! I have to pass this to attend my masters of nursing classes that start next monday so maybe it's the sense of urgency. i've been studing the IC flashcards as well as the chancellor's study guide (which my mom used alone and got a 70... yea, my mom did it and im still panicking). is there something i can do to feel prepared? i've been passing practice tests with about a 73-85% the first time through...

any advice would be greatly appreciated!
thanks
jen
No advice here. It is my first one as well. Just wanted to wish you luck. Best of luck to you.
One sentence...Specific Exam Feedback. Good luckWink
Set yourself goals, not limitations
I just took this as my first CLEP on Saturday. Used only IC for a week, was getting 78s on the Peterson's tests and I managed a 58 on the actual CLEP, thought I honestly expected to do better. The main challenge I felt was that on my test, the questions were not straightforward.

There were a lot of "real world" examples that you had to extrapolate the theory from, i.e., Dr. So and So did a case study on blah blah. He interviewed these people and those people and from this, we can conclude that he supported which theory?

You sound like you have been studying a lot and as long as your critical thinking skills are sharp, the combination of the two should be fine!!
so where do i find the specific exam feedback... yep im a newbie
From the Main Forum click on: SpecificExamFeedback - Instantcert Members Only!
Or do an advance search for Intro to Sociology and click on subjects in SpecificExamFeedback forum.
I took Sociology two months ago, passed with 63. Unless your school requires higher scores, 50 is a pass.
Good luck and be sure to know theories and their founders.
jwerner421 Wrote:so where do i find the specific exam feedback... yep im a newbie

You have to pay for the specific exam feedback. Or you can use the free search feature toward the top of this page and search for sociology. You can find plenty of free feedback about this exam by doing a search. One of the items you will find are my Wikipedia links:

http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...ion-3.html

You don't need to read every word of every page on Wikipedia. Read the first few paragraphs and skim the rest of each page.

Here's some good exam feedback: Introductory Sociology CLEP Study Guide - Free-Clep-Prep.com
63 CLEP Sociology
75 CLEP U.S. History II
63 CLEP College Algebra
70 CLEP Analyzing and Interpreting Literature
68 DSST Technical Writing
72 CLEP U.S. History I
77 CLEP College Mathematics
470 DSST Statistics
53 CLEP College Composition
73 CLEP Biology
54 CLEP Chemistry
77 CLEP Information Systems and Computer Applications

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  English 2 CLEP Jennr2z 8 1,803 05-18-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Spyrine
  AP, CLEP, IB, vs others - Comparison/Example bjcheung77 0 673 08-11-2023, 12:12 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  AP, CLEP, etc - Credit Banking on Credly bjcheung77 2 2,185 09-02-2022, 12:16 PM
Last Post: vintage_jacket
  combine CLEP & ACTFL? defmo 5 1,048 08-05-2022, 08:58 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Intro to Sociology Jennr2z 8 1,328 05-11-2022, 11:14 PM
Last Post: Jennr2z
  Prep for College Composition with Essay CLEP ? abs_co 3 1,820 11-11-2021, 07:39 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
Big Grin CLEP US HISTORY II Advice basol007 2 1,450 03-14-2021, 02:14 PM
Last Post: basol007
  need to find credits by testing like Clep - but Clep is not available where I live - esh 3 1,388 01-31-2021, 07:49 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Study material Clep English composition modular Collegelady2 16 4,626 08-18-2020, 10:20 PM
Last Post: mrskitty
  Which degrees accept the most CLEP type tests? Sorbik 5 2,817 08-01-2020, 08:27 AM
Last Post: nomaduser