Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fema credit for social science
a lot of you have been using Fema for the electives/applied profesional. I was wondering if anyone managed to use any for gen ed social science... I'm looking for a quick flexible (no exam to travel to) way to do it.

thanx
how about you just dream about your degree, you wake up and It comes in the mail the same day.
ali4nia Wrote:how about you just dream about your degree, you wake up and It comes in the mail the same day.

I often put my foot in my mouth and say the wrong thing. It's a talent, I was born with. But this comment is a little bit mean, even for me...

kayausa,

I would say you should check with your school and see if anything qualifies, but I think you're stuck using them as free electives, sorry. If anyone else knows better, please chime in.
[SIZE="6"]~~ Alissa~~[/SIZE]
[size="4"]"Whether you think you can or think you can’t, you’re right." - - Henry Ford[/size]
[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"][SIZE="2"]DONE:
BS Liberal Studies, Excelsior College May 2009
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Current website favorite:
http://www.careeronestop.org/
alissaroot Wrote:I often put my foot in my mouth and say the wrong thing. It's a talent, I was born with. But this comment is a little bit mean, even for me...
that's alright! Smile

alissaroot Wrote:kayausa,

I would say you should check with your school and see if anything qualifies, but I think you're stuck using them as free electives, sorry. If anyone else knows better, please chime in.
problem is that I'm not enrolled in Excelsior yet... so they won't be much help... I'm missing 6 SS credits...
ali4nia Wrote:how about you just dream about your degree, you wake up and It comes in the mail the same day.

Not funny. Not necessary.

cate
BS (UMUC) in 2010, 30+ years in the making!!

Intro to Computing 63
Astronomy 63
Technical Writing 62
Principles of Mgt 71
Principles of Marketing 68
Substance Abuse 467
College Math 56
Principles of Finance 425
Principles of Statistics 458

Exams: ALL DONE!!!!!!!!!!

GRADUATION--UMUC--MAY 15, 2010 (unbelievable)

Ali4nia,
I know English isn't your first language, but the tone of your joke is rude.
kayausa Wrote:a lot of you have been using Fema for the electives/applied profesional. I was wondering if anyone managed to use any for gen ed social science... I'm looking for a quick flexible (no exam to travel to) way to do it.

thanx
>>

Kayausa,

You won't get to use the FEMA for social science, TESC assigns where it will go. (Free electives, not gen ed electives aka applied professional at EC)

A fast 6 credit exam is CLEP Social Science and History for 6 (100 level) cr.
cookderosa Wrote:>>

Kayausa,

You won't get to use the FEMA for social science, TESC assigns where it will go. (Free electives, not gen ed electives aka applied professional at EC)

A fast 6 credit exam is CLEP Social Science and History for 6 (100 level) cr.

Is there any other no exam way to get SS credits... like Aleks for math...
kayausa Wrote:Is there any other no exam way to get SS credits... like Aleks for math...
>>

Not that I can think of. You could take the classes either online or in person. For social science, you can include:

sociology
psychology
anthropology
government/political science
US and World history
economics (micro/macro)

Something I did last winter, was to check at my local colleges. Both community colleges in my area offered "winter break" classes. They were online or on campus- super accelerated. My winter class was Contemporary Social Problems online (sociology) for 3 credits and was 21 days long. I highly suggest looking locally. I did it because I wanted an easy 3 credits, I didn't have brain space to study for another test (at that moment) and I think sometimes classes are easier than tests. (it was)
cookderosa Wrote:>>

Not that I can think of. You could take the classes either online or in person. For social science, you can include:

sociology
psychology
anthropology
government/political science
US and World history
economics (micro/macro)

Something I did last winter, was to check at my local colleges. Both community colleges in my area offered "winter break" classes. They were online or on campus- super accelerated. My winter class was Contemporary Social Problems online (sociology) for 3 credits and was 21 days long. I highly suggest looking locally. I did it because I wanted an easy 3 credits, I didn't have brain space to study for another test (at that moment) and I think sometimes classes are easier than tests. (it was)
thank you... I was looking to see if anyone had some out of the box ideas...
but thanx for your input...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Credit Banking & cheap/free credits - Asking for a friend SweetSecret 7 1,503 04-06-2024, 12:00 PM
Last Post: Rubeferry18
  AP Computer Science A homeschoolmom1 7 262 03-20-2024, 08:38 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Questions regarding IDSS (through the MITx micromaster for data science path) blablablox 0 215 03-06-2024, 09:58 AM
Last Post: blablablox
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 1,930 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
  Verified College Credit Transfers TINASAM 0 230 02-19-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: TINASAM
  Offspring and Descendents Lead Singers On Why They Got Science PhDs Jonathan Whatley 9 1,305 02-16-2024, 10:37 PM
  Introductory data science courses inor 6 572 02-08-2024, 08:52 PM
Last Post: fmsoa
  Tohono O’odham Community College: $34.25 Credit Hour! Ares 3 729 02-07-2024, 12:24 PM
  Salvaging FEMA credits CaughtInTheRye12 6 507 12-28-2023, 11:57 PM
Last Post: CaughtInTheRye12
Question Extension Schools for Credit Transfer Tobutz 4 694 12-13-2023, 03:21 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso