Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
dantes grading
snazzlefrag Wrote:hi Upgray,

In GENERAL, answering more than half the questions correctly would mean a passing score.

However, the DANTES exams are scaled and so the actual number of questions you need to answer correctly to pass varies between each exam, and even between different variations of the same exam.

Also, some questions on each exam are test runs of questions for future exams, and therefore are not counted towards your final score.

55 out of 106, GENERALLY would likely be a pass. But it is impossible to know for sure.

Having said that, unless you KNOW for certain that you answered ALL the remaining questions INCORRECTLY, then the chances are that you also picked up more than a few additional points from the other 51 questions.

Statistically, even if you randomly guessed at the remaining 51 questions, you might expect to pick up 1 in 4. That would be approximately 12 more points.

55 + 12 = 67 out of 106...that is well into what we would expect to be the passing range!

Tentatively, you probably should anticipate a passing score. But only the official score report in your hand will confirm it!

Now begins the awful waiting game. Everybody hates it!

Most people feel uncertain when they leave the testing center after taking a DANTES exam. More often than not, their score report is better than they expect. So don't get caught up in trying to calculate your exact score, okay? That's a fool's game with these scaled score exams.

Just wait and see.

Best of luck,
Snazzlefrag

Let me just take a wild guess and propose that math is a subject you feel very, very comfortable in!!! Hey, clep substitute for college math please. Ha! Ha!hilarious
RBOWMAN Wrote:Let me just take a wild guess and propose that math is a subject you feel very, very comfortable in!!! Hey, clep substitute for college math please. Ha! Ha!hilarious

Actually, I am freaked out by anything math-related. I just got back from taking the DANTES Statistics exam. It took me three and a half hours to complete...and I almost burst into tears several times. I get so anxious when I am dealing with numbers and formulas etc., that my mind tries to shut down. I was shaking like a leaf for three and half hours straight, and I had to take a few minutes rest every now and then just to let my brain cool down.

My brain hurt so bad that I thought I might get a nosebleed! :p

I was able to answer many of the questions, but an ungodly number of questions went beyond my understanding and I had to guess. I will be very relieved if I pass this one.

As with all DANTES exams....I may have aced it, or I may have flunked it. Now begins the longest wait of my life until I get the results!
snazzlefrag Wrote:Actually, I am freaked out by anything math-related. I just got back from taking the DANTES Statistics exam. It took me three and a half hours to complete...and I almost burst into tears several times. I get so anxious when I am dealing with numbers and formulas etc., that my mind tries to shut down. I was shaking like a leaf for three and half hours straight, and I had to take a few minutes rest every now and then just to let my brain cool down.

My brain hurt so bad that I thought I might get a nosebleed! :p

I was able to answer many of the questions, but an ungodly number of questions went beyond my understanding and I had to guess. I will be very relieved if I pass this one.

As with all DANTES exams....I may have aced it, or I may have flunked it. Now begins the longest wait of my life until I get the results!
Here's believing in you and praying for you!! I bet you did great...maybe you are alittle hard on yourself. All of us have the same fears and yet ..we're making it!!!!
RBOWMAN Wrote:Here's believing in you and praying for you!! I bet you did great...maybe you are alittle hard on yourself. All of us have the same fears and yet ..we're making it!!!!

Thanks RBOWMAN,

I appreciate your encouragement. All my other scores so far (55 credits) have been in the high 60's and 70's. But when it comes to math-related exams I am a total freakazoid. Cool

Three weeks from now, when I get my score, I hope I will be able to look back at how I feel right now and laugh!
hilarious

I REALLY don't want to have to go through the stress of re-taking Statistics in six months. It was definitely the hardest exam I have taken so far...but for someone who is into math, it would probably be very easy!

My gut feeling is that I did well on it...but my math-phobic head is telling me to curl up in a ball in the corner of the room and cry! Heehee!
Hey Snazzlefrag,

I bet you did fine, especially with scores like that on your other tests. While I am not big on statistics, I am comfortable with math, and I gotta tell you the Statistics test was the first one I took and I thought for sure I didn't pass. However, after waiting 5 WEEKS! for my results I squeeked through with a 54.

So here is keeping my fingers crossed for you!

techgirl
techgirl Wrote:Hey Snazzlefrag,

I bet you did fine, especially with scores like that on your other tests. While I am not big on statistics, I am comfortable with math, and I gotta tell you the Statistics test was the first one I took and I thought for sure I didn't pass. However, after waiting 5 WEEKS! for my results I squeeked through with a 54.

So here is keeping my fingers crossed for you!

techgirl

Hi techgirl,

Welcome to the board.

Thanks for your encouragement! I got my results for Principles of Statistics last week, and I did pass.

Congratulations on your pass too!

Take care,
Snazzlefrag
My name is Rob

Total Credits: 142 (12 not used).
[SIZE=1]GPA: 4.0
[/SIZE]
I tried the link that was provided and it seems to have moved----this one worked:

http://www.getcollegecredit.com/download...s_2009.pdf

anar579 Wrote:The link below will download a PDF file with detailed information explaining how they score exams, and in page 2 there's a chart with raw scores and grades that will give you a good idea of what you scored on your exam, especially since you know how many you got correct. There seems to be some math involved, though. Good luck.

http://www.getcollegecredit.com/pdfs/TEC...ET0204.pdf

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Should a 10-Point Grading Scale Be The Standard? Ares 6 1,776 02-07-2024, 08:46 PM
Last Post: ltw900rr
  Western Oregon University Adopts New Grading System LevelUP 13 1,373 02-01-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  DANTES to DSST natshar 9 1,958 03-02-2021, 01:27 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  DANTES removed civilian pass rates from website? greencouch 4 2,418 08-26-2018, 04:14 PM
Last Post: greencouch
  buy 2, get 1 FREE .... DANTES MD_AJIBULU 0 868 05-02-2017, 09:34 AM
Last Post: MD_AJIBULU
  CSU Global grading time? gremlinbrawler 0 999 04-20-2017, 12:42 PM
Last Post: gremlinbrawler
  Penn Foster Class Grading GreggT67 5 1,608 12-23-2016, 03:00 PM
Last Post: alzee
  DSST/DANTES Principles of Public Speaking - Study Information!!! BenWalton 1 975 10-19-2016, 01:51 PM
Last Post: Flelm
  Study.com Project Grading Aurelius 2 777 09-16-2016, 05:49 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Anyone Know About Paper-Based DSST (Dantes) exams? OakLakeNC 1 895 09-15-2016, 01:37 PM
Last Post: Lindagerr