Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
contents of Straighterline History and government courses
hey guys,

I just received my textbooks for these classes in the mail and was going to attempt the 4 classes I need for my college. I need a "C" in all 4 classes (70%) so was curious if you guys think about how much time would I have to dedicate to get a "C" in each of these classes? I'd like to get them done in a month because of monthly cost, and am thinking I could do that if I knew what the exam contents were beforehand.

For instance, for each history exam (US 1 and 2) what does each test cover (certain chapters, etc?)

This way I could start reading now before signing up to get a head start. I assume the exam contents don't change from person to person 9(i.e. test 1 covers certain chapters, etc).

Thanks for the help!
Under each course subject link there are two options: view details and course syllabus. Click on couse syllabus and download the pdf. The syllabus lists all chapter topics. (Topic=Chapter) Look for course evaluation criteria. Next to each exam you will see the topic number/chapters covered.

Example for US History I: Exam 1 covers chapters 1-4, Exam 2 chapters 5-8, Midterm 1-8.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BA, Social Sciences. 2010. Arnold Fletcher Award.
AAS, Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies. 2011
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!
bricabrac Wrote:Under each course subject link there are two options: view details and course syllabus. Click on couse syllabus and download the pdf. The syllabus lists all chapter topics. (Topic=Chapter) Look for course evaluation criteria. Next to each exam you will see the topic number/chapters covered.

Example for US History I: Exam 1 covers chapters 1-4, Exam 2 chapters 5-8, Midterm 1-8.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

for american government though it doesn't look like topics are aligned with chapters (i.e. topics end at 15 for govt. but there are 18 chapters in the book).

Finally, are the exam questions mostly from the book? if I just study the book should I be able to get a 70%? I assume there is a lecture or powerpoint that goes with the book?

Thanks!
The same happened in one of my courses, if memory serves it was one of the economics. I matched up the titles listed on the syllabus to the book chapters.

From my experience the exams are created directly from the book. Sometimes to the most minute detail. You could search google for test banks for your text and to use as a study tool.

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BA, Social Sciences. 2010. Arnold Fletcher Award.
AAS, Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies. 2011
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!
bhome83 Wrote:for american government though it doesn't look like topics are aligned with chapters (i.e. topics end at 15 for govt. but there are 18 chapters in the book).

Finally, are the exam questions mostly from the book? if I just study the book should I be able to get a 70%? I assume there is a lecture or powerpoint that goes with the book?

Thanks!

I'm specifically addressing American Goverment because I recently finished it:

Several topics in AG have you read more than one chapter for that topic. Under each topic in the Straighterline course you will see the chapters assigned.

The exam questions all come from the book. You can watch the powerpoints if you wish, they're interesting, but they mostly regurgitate stuff from the textbook. You can skip them and not have it impact your grade negatively.
Goal: BA in American Studies - COSC (103/120)
In Progress: -
Completed - Straighterline: US History 2
CLEP - American Literature

Associate of Arts - COSC (August 31st, 2014)
Classes used to complete it:
Liberty University Classes: English 101, English 102, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Introduction to Probability & Statistics
Advanced Placement: Art History
Straighterline Classes: Introduction to Sociology, Introduction to Biology (w/ Lab), Personal Finance, Business Ethics, Introduction to Religion, American Government, Cultural Anthropology, Introduction to Nutrition, Introduction to Communications, U.S. History 1
CLEP: Analyzing & Interpreting Literature
COSC: Cornerstone

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Data Analytics Courses - Maven Analytics Vle045 2 404 4 hours ago
Last Post: ceedfabricator
  ASU 100 Million Learners - All graduate courses now available jg_nuy 56 9,565 09-12-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: slammX
  Seeking Advice on Free Online Courses as a Non-Degree Student rickrick 6 303 09-09-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  Clackamas Courses - Online or Remote (set schedule) bjcheung77 8 1,698 09-07-2024, 10:01 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 23 3,578 08-16-2024, 08:31 PM
Last Post: eyrobinson
  Taking exams for online courses stats-time 4 342 08-04-2024, 02:46 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Spanish courses for Spanish degree rachel83az 19 2,335 07-24-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Closed Sophia Courses BritStudent 5 487 07-10-2024, 06:16 PM
  Master of Letters in History dewisant 4 503 06-28-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Reasonably priced upper-division RA math courses Ivo Lah 5 569 06-18-2024, 11:20 AM