Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yes!!!
[SIZE="5"]I PASSED ENGLISH COMP WITH ESSAY!!![/SIZE]

Just got the letter tonight; my wife had to open it because I was to scared to. Got a 63, and I was sure that I failed. I was soooooooooo worried about this one. What a relief! Three exams to go and I am done!

Thanks to everyone who helped!

Brian
BA Social Sciences TESC 2009

CLEP
Humanities 64 | Intro Sociology 74 | Intro Psychology 74 | College Mathematics 60 | H.G. & Dev. 66
A&I Literature 65 | Educational Psychology 71 | American Government 67 | US History I 67 | US History II 72
Social Sciences & History 65 | English Comp 63
DSST
Civil War 61 | Substance Abuse 463 | Intro Computing 465 | Technical Writing 66 | Anthropology 66 | Prin. of Supervision 62
Enviro & Humanity 68 | Org Behavior 67 | Astronomy 60 | Ethics 467
ECE
World Population A | Research Methods in Psychology A | Adulthood & Aging A | Gerontology A | UExcel Political Science B

[SIZE="4"][COLOR="Blue"]Read My Story[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"] Tested out of 120 credits in 11 months. Started with [COLOR="Blue"]0[/COLOR] credits on April 20, 2008 - Finished on March 18th 2009
[/SIZE][COLOR="Navy"][COLOR="Navy"]
[SIZE="3"][COLOR="#800080"][COLOR="#4B0082"]If you've been helped by someone on this forum then help someone on this forum.[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR]
thatbrian Wrote:Got a 63, and I was sure that I failed. I was soooooooooo worried about this one. What a relief!

Congratulations!

I hope to report similar news in a week. I took the same test two weeks ago today. How long did it take for you to get your results?
[SIZE="1"]American Government (68) ~ Analyzing & Interpreting Literature (70) ~ Art of the Western World (72) ~ Astronomy (66) ~ ENG407: Chaucer (A) ~ Civil War & Reconstruction (69) ~ College Algebra (62) ~ College Mathematics (73) ~ College Writing (A) ~ English Composition with Essay (59) ~ GRE Literature in English (610/73%tile) ~ Humanities (75) ~ Introduction to Business (62) ~ Introduction to Computing (459) ~ Introduction to Educational Psychology (72) ~ Introduction to World Religions (478) ~ Introductory Psychology (74) ~ Money & Banking (48) ~ Research & Writing (A) ~ Rise & Fall of the Soviet Union (68) ~ ENG 310: Short Stories (A) ~ Introductory Sociology (77) ~ Social Sciences & History (76) ~ Technical Writing (67) ~ US History I (69) ~ US History II (64) ~ Western Civilization I (76) ~ Western Civilization II (65) Western Europe Since 1945 (65) ~ Exam Feedback

Total Credits: 121 ~ DONE: Literature in English BA from Excelsior College[/SIZE]
Way To Go Brian!!!!!!!!!
ooooh, you had a good week! congratulations.

cate
BS (UMUC) in 2010, 30+ years in the making!!

Intro to Computing 63
Astronomy 63
Technical Writing 62
Principles of Mgt 71
Principles of Marketing 68
Substance Abuse 467
College Math 56
Principles of Finance 425
Principles of Statistics 458

Exams: ALL DONE!!!!!!!!!!

GRADUATION--UMUC--MAY 15, 2010 (unbelievable)
Great News. I took the same one two weeks ago too and am not so patiently waiting for the results. Collegeboard responded to my email advising that they sent the grade to TESC on Feb 24 but refused to tell me if I passed or not. What is with that?? I emailed TESC to find out but they said they have to wait until it is posted to my transcript "and that could take a few weeks".

Who are these people that they won't tell me if my essay about media and values was not the best one that they had ever read and that they are sending it to the New York Times to be published and then made into a mini-series??? Cool Well, it most likely was not THAT good but I do feel/hope/pray that it was good enough to get a passing grade. I know I did fine on the first half but the essay was the fastest 45 minutes of my life.

When did you take the exam and they really mail the results to you in the mail or in an email? I have an APO address so it will be 4th of July before I get any mail from anyone.

Congrats on the big pass. We never doubted it for a moment !!!!!
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="6"]Joanne[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"] all exams completed in FEBUARY 2009
Human Growth & Development - 73 English Comp w/ Essay CLEP - 74 Educational Psych - CLEP...69
Social Psychology - TECEP Behavior Modif in Counseling -TECEP
Psychology of Personality - TECEP Experimental Psychology - TECEP Substance Abuse - DSST 441

all exams completed in MARCH 2009
Foundations of Counseling -DSST - 64 ALEKS Statistics for Behavior Sciences Organizational

[U]DONE! Bachelors of Arts in Psychology as of March 10! // Graduated June 2009[/U]

Moving On:
Off to Hawaii to Celebrate- March 14 / Start Masters in Education - April 1 / Praxis 1 - April 27/ Praxis 2 - July 2009 - 190 out of 200
Liberty University - Masters in Teaching - Elementary Ed - 30 credits completed as of February 2010. Love the School, Program, Staff and Courses! GRADUATING IN MAY WITH MASTERS IN TEACHING !

[/SIZE][/SIZE]
Fantastic news!!! Way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Smile Cleps:
Introduction Business Law 65
Principles of Management 70
Principles of Marketing 71
A&I Literature 68
American Lit 59
Educational Psychology 68
Social sciences & history 65
Western Civilization I 64

What lies before us and what lies behind us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
[SIZE="3"]Great Job - Great Score - Great Future![/SIZE]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
Wahoo! Congratulations! Smile
~Autumn

Master of Arts - Emergency and Disaster Management - Estimated Completion 2014
Bachelor of Science Human Services in Emergency Disaster Services - TESC- December 2009
Culinary Arts Certificate - Boise State University 2002

Education teaches a man to spell experience.Big Grin
Yes! Nice work!
[SIZE="2"][COLOR="DarkBlue"]B.S., Biology, Excelsior College
[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]
Congratulations! I also took this test two weeks ago and I'm checking the mail every day for my score! I'm incredibly impatient so this is torture for me!

Ann
Ann

January, 2009: Northeastern University, AS, Human Resources!

Tests Passed:
Labor Relations ECE: B
HR Management, ECE: B
Principles of Marketing CLEP: 67
Introductory Business Law CLEP: 68
Information Systems CLEP: 59
English Comp w/Essay CLEP: 60
Introductory Psychology CLEP: 61
Macroeconomics Clep: 54
Analyzing and Interpreting Literature CLEP: 72
College Math CLEP: 55
Here's to Your Health DSST: 426