Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
How fast (in how many days) can you realistically finish Sophia, etc. or WGU course?
I have now seen two people who got a Master's of Education at WGU (which have 10 to 14 courses). They both said that every class in the degree took on average only 1 to 4 days to complete, the longest class between the two of them took 14 days. One said their capstone took 2 weeks and the other said theirs took 2 months (because it was research performed on real students in a classroom). They both finished their degrees in one term (one finished in 3 months).

I very quickly found 4 people who did the MBA (consists of 11 courses): they finished the whole degree in 12 days, 14 days, 22 days, and 42 days respectively.

Someone who did either the Bachelor's (39 courses) or Master's (11 courses) in Marketing did their entire first term worth of classes in 4 days.

And all these are people with jobs (some of them confirmed full time ones).

I have read the same thing (1 to 14 days per course) for Sophia students. 14 days is usually for students who either don't have English as a first language, or for the few notoriously difficult courses for most students such as Discrete Math.
It depends on how familiar you are with the material.

(01-19-2024, 02:20 AM)nykorn Wrote: I have now seen two people who got a Master's of Education at WGU (which have 10 to 14 courses). They both said that every class in the degree took on average only 1 to 4 days to complete, the longest class between the two of them took 14 days. One said their capstone took 2 weeks and the other said theirs took 2 months (because it was research performed on real students in a classroom). They both finished their degrees in one term (one finished in 3 months).

I very quickly found 4 people who did the MBA (consists of 11 courses): they finished the whole degree in 12 days, 14 days, 22 days, and 42 days respectively.

Someone who did either the Bachelor's (39 courses) or Master's (11 courses) in Marketing did their entire first term worth of classes in 4 days.

And all these are people with jobs (some of them confirmed full time ones).

I have read the same thing (1 to 14 days per course) for Sophia students. 14 days is usually for students who either don't have English as a first language, or for the few notoriously difficult courses for most students such as Discrete Math.

I thought Master's required a group project? My wife did one at WGU and there is no way you're doing that in 2 weeks just for that one course
Study.com - 177 CR. TESU - 39 CR. Middle Georgia State University - 15 CR. Sonoran Desert Institute - 42 CR. COSC - 6 CR. Excelsior - 6 CR. CLEP - 6 CR. Sophia - 14 CR. TEEX - 2 CR. Shmoop - 18 CR. NFA - 4 CR. The Institutes - 2 CR. FEMA - 20ish

BA in History/English from TESU. 
BA in Communications from TESU. AS in Firearms Technology from SDI.

It really depends on the student and their energy, study habits, time, etc, in addition to the Master degree they're looking to complete, I recall in a thread that a member was able to complete the Masters degree (MSCIA) in 10 days or less if you don't count the wait time. Knowledge and previous learning in that domain really counts, the more you've filled those gaps, the easier and faster you'll be able to complete the degree within the term... I wouldn't shoot for that fast, but shoot to finish in one term.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tips for success at WGU (to finish in a single term) Merlin 2 5,212 01-19-2024, 02:00 AM
Last Post: nykorn
Sad Struggling to finish angellicarob 3 640 10-26-2023, 09:27 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Sophia Learning vs. Study.com BrotherG 8 1,410 10-04-2023, 11:33 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  How do transfer (sophia.org/ACE) credits look on a WGU transcript for grad school? dan087 4 953 09-25-2023, 05:01 AM
Last Post: dan087
  Do you have to be super smart to finish WGU? What can you do to eliminate any doubts whiverem 30 6,156 05-23-2023, 07:49 AM
Last Post: origamishuttle
  Sophia's Visual Communcation and Introduction to Information Technology WGU Transfer? OP88 4 1,595 05-16-2023, 05:55 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  WGU - faster to just do it all there - or - Sophia/Study.com???? esh 19 13,568 08-02-2022, 07:22 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Sophia.org python transfer to wgu (cloud computing) Clepking100 6 2,087 07-19-2022, 03:19 PM
Information List of Courses That Transfer from Sophia.org to WGU BitWiseGuy 20 19,976 11-26-2021, 10:55 AM
Last Post: origamishuttle
  WGU MBA Reddit - Finish in 1 term bjcheung77 26 11,965 10-31-2021, 04:00 PM