Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Which certification would you recommend for someone new to cybersecurity?
I'm new to the field of cybersecurity and seeking guidance on which certification would be best to start with. Additionally, I'm interested in understanding the reasoning behind your recommendations.
If you're new to cybersecurity, then your first step should be obtaining the CompTIA IT Fundamentals (ITF+) certification. This certification provides you with basic IT concepts and foundational knowledge essential for any advanced cybersecurity certification. Following that, you can pursue the CompTIA Security+ certification, which covers specific cybersecurity skills and knowledge and is widely recognized in the industry. To prepare effectively for these certifications' exams, utilizing CompTIA practice tests designed by [various companies] is an excellent option. These practice tests by [those companies] familiarize you with the exam pattern and question types, helping assess your knowledge.
Interesting, you create two accounts to answer your own question, just to spam the company name for practice exams. Otherwise, the answer is pretty much consistent with what we would recommend - building or practicing on previous knowledge, trying out different exams provided by various companies, there are online options, and if you want a book or more at the library, that would help as well. Do your due diligence and research, then review content you want to ladder or stack, such as A+, Network+, Security+, etc. I would start with the freebies from Coursera/TEEX/EdX, and ladder your way up...
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • lynnii2

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Certificate vs Certification sanantone 19 2,152 10-20-2022, 12:17 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Medical Assistant Training and Credits for Certification sanantone 1 1,333 01-12-2018, 01:12 PM
Last Post: burbuja0512
  WOWZAH! I GOT ACCEPTED!! Cisco Global Cybersecurity Scholarship! bjcheung77 8 2,243 12-14-2016, 07:29 PM
Last Post: Johann
  Base SAS Certification NAP 9 2,749 11-19-2014, 10:24 AM
Last Post: NAP
  What kind of computer do you recommend? hicandle 42 5,550 01-28-2014, 05:52 PM
Last Post: hicandle
  AMC Airlift Load Plan Certification DCW 1 944 04-12-2011, 02:17 AM
Last Post: CLEP101
  Career Tests ... anyone recommend a good site? cframe 0 833 01-21-2009, 12:29 PM
Last Post: cframe
  DANTES Sudy Aide's -- What Would You Recommend?? EHSAN 2 1,008 09-08-2008, 02:08 AM
Last Post: EHSAN