Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WGU SE questions, pls & thx
I agree that AWS Cloud Practitioner is a good candidate for taking before WGU. It's $100, but you can possibly get a $25 coupon by signing up for the challenge: https://pages.awscloud.com/GLOBAL-ln-GC-...3-reg.html

Another, potentially free, option is to complete the Coursera Google IT Support certificate: https://www.coursera.org/professional-ce...it-support
If you only do the required work, it can be completed in less than the free 7-day trial period. However, the Sophia course is really fast and easy, so the Coursera certificate is way more work than you need to do for that credit. But it can also be free, if that's more important to you.

A few other points:
  • Out of the 9 Sophia courses you've completed, only 3 will apply to the Software Engineering (SWE) degree.
  • I'm not sure about the current state of things, but people have struggled with D386, and my understanding is that only the first exam for A+ is required for credit, which makes the decision a bit more complicated.
  • Intro to Networking can now be taken at Sophia, so I would recommend taking it there.
  • WGU's Natural Science Lab is easier than any other lab course anywhere, so I would not recommend taking it anywhere else.
  • You should sign up for the unofficial discord: https://discord.com/invite/unwgu
Pierpont Community & Technical College 2022
Associate of Applied Science - Board of Governors - Area of Emphasis: Information Systems
Western Governors University 
Bachelor of Science - Cloud Computing
Charter Oak State College
Bachelor of Science - General Studies - Concentration: Information Systems Studies
Thomas Edison State University
Bachelor of Arts - Computer Science
Associate in Science in Natural Sciences and Mathematics - Mathematics
University of Maine at Presque Isle 
Bachelor of Applied Science - Minor: Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes origamishuttle's post:
  • alfonsod
@alfonsod, It really depends on what you're trying to do and how you want to transfer your classes in, many people take one or the other, not both when WGU accepts different options for each course transferable. Unless the student wants to use the cert and the class for extra learning and knowledge, most people do not take both. I suggest you create a spreadsheet and update us by making the file viewable/not editable on your one/google drive and link us. We can provide more advice after reviewing what you have created...
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • alfonsod
Okay Bjcheung, I will do that. I'm shocked to learn only 3 of my classes done thus far will transfer in. I don't know where I messed up!

(12-06-2023, 10:33 PM)LevelUP Wrote:
(12-06-2023, 10:07 PM)alfonsod Wrote: Thanks for all those tips, LevelUP
So now I got another question..... on the WGU website it said that those 3 certs are included with the degree. If I take Sophia's PM course, do I have to sit for the CompTIA Project+ exam when I enroll, or, will Sophia's course earn me the Project+ cert automatically?

When you take Sophia's project management course, you don't have to take WGU's project management course or get the Project+ cert. You don't earn any Project+ cert. from Sophia.

Those entry-level certs don't mean much when you have a Computer Science or Software Engineering degree as your skills should be beyond basic by the time you get your degree.

Perfect thanks for the info again!!
(12-07-2023, 08:17 PM)alfonsod Wrote: I'm shocked to learn only 3 of my classes done thus far will transfer in. I don't know where I messed up!

Sorry about the bad news. If you reference this page: https://partners.wgu.edu/transfer-pathwa...=BSSWE7110

It breaks down like this:
  • Art History 1, Environmental Science, Human Biology, Introduction to Ethics - don't transfer
  • Introduction to Psychology, US History 1, Introduction to Sociology - competing for the same WGU course
  • Introduction to Statistics, College Algebra - transfer as expected
Pierpont Community & Technical College 2022
Associate of Applied Science - Board of Governors - Area of Emphasis: Information Systems
Western Governors University 
Bachelor of Science - Cloud Computing
Charter Oak State College
Bachelor of Science - General Studies - Concentration: Information Systems Studies
Thomas Edison State University
Bachelor of Arts - Computer Science
Associate in Science in Natural Sciences and Mathematics - Mathematics
University of Maine at Presque Isle 
Bachelor of Applied Science - Minor: Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes origamishuttle's post:
  • alfonsod

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  List of Lingering Questions (BSBA Journey) SlowReader 4 388 08-21-2024, 11:03 AM
Last Post: artidiotic
  Questions about Excelsior BSLA lonelySamurai 13 1,226 07-21-2024, 07:10 AM
Last Post: lonelySamurai
  VCRUZ1970 - TAMUC BAAS Degree Questions VCRUZ1970 9 660 05-28-2024, 02:29 PM
Last Post: txc1500
  UMPI BABA Management & Leadership Plan Questions Aurelijus 10 1,119 03-21-2024, 05:09 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU Business Core questions Yenisei 8 815 12-07-2023, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Yenisei
  UMPI BABA - Questions, Help Needed mram1 10 1,181 09-02-2023, 11:20 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Questions about tentative UMPI degree plan Dooj 13 1,551 06-13-2023, 11:04 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Questions about Excelsior BSLA degree planning Thanksforhelphere 7 1,100 04-03-2023, 07:58 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU - credit questions kevinks 6 1,693 03-20-2023, 01:02 AM
Last Post: kevinks
  Pierpont BOG Associates results questions Staples 4 1,383 08-28-2022, 09:08 AM
Last Post: dfrecore