Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
WGU MS in Accounting - Ladder from UMPI
Has anybody gone through the MS accounting program at WGU? If so, were you able to take the CPA exam?
Hey y’all, I’m currently enrolled in the BA accounting degree at UMPI, my ultimate goal is to get master degree in accounting not  only to be a Licensed CPA, but to have a deeper understanding  of the subject . I was wondering, has anyone gone through this route before? which is transfer from BA at UPMI to a MS at WGU if so, how was the process ?
For a bump or more traction on the topic... Should I merge this with the other thread of yours in regards to the WGU MS Accounting? https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Accounting
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Please do! thx
Actually, that's what I would recommend you do, the BA Accounting at UMPI and the extra 30 credits at WGU for the MS Accounting, then review the CPA requirements for your state. Here's the WGU webpage with info: https://www.wgu.edu/online-business-degr...ation.html

I am not familiar about the accounting field, I did search from reddit that if you already completed bachelor in accounting at wgu, it should be enough to sit for CPA exam.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wguaccounting/c...xam_after/
NEXT: Considering DBA, DIT or PhD
In Progress: MSU MBA

Completed: WGU MS-CIA & Ms University Isabel I, ENEB
TEEX: Cybersecurity 101 (4), Cybersecurity 201 (3), Cybersecurity 301 (3)
Sophia: Accounting (3), Project Management (3) Principles of Finance (3) 
Coursera: Google IT Certification, and Google Project Management.

(02-06-2024, 10:36 AM)pjmix2000 Wrote: Hey y’all, I’m currently enrolled in the BA accounting degree at UMPI, my ultimate goal is to get master degree in accounting not  only to be a Licensed CPA, but to have a deeper understanding  of the subject . I was wondering, has anyone gone through this route before? which is transfer from BA at UPMI to a MS at WGU if so, how was the process ?
Hi! Sorry this is off topic, but how is the accounting program at UMPI? I’m interested in it, but a little concerned about all the writing. Thank you!
UMPI is all assessments and assignments, they got rid of exams. It really depends on the person and the students study habits, time management and so on...

(04-08-2024, 10:27 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: UMPI is all assessments and assignments, they got rid of exams.  It really depends on the person and the students study habits, time management and so on...

Thank you for the response! Yes I read that it was all writing/project based and no exams, and was wondering how that translates over/plays out in accounting. I’m not sure if I have all that much to write about accounting haha, but hopefully they have good rubrics/outlines. Also, I’ve read that if you transfer in with a bachelor’s, they waive all the general ed requirements. Is that also true when transferring in with an associate’s in interdisciplinary studies (not from Pierpont)? I’ve tried searching but can’t seem to find the answer. Thank you!
Accounting classes at UMPI have assignments that are structured similarly to what you'll find at an actual job. So things like preparing a tax return or an audit report, something like that. I'm not an accountant, so I don't know exactly what the classes are like, or expect, but it's not (just) essays on accounting practices.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pierpont, UMPI, and WGU MBA - done! Chankosumo 7 1,244 06-15-2024, 05:21 PM
Last Post: Jwheels27
  WGU Accounting Plan - Looking for Feedback elsanti 0 1,664 03-29-2019, 01:56 PM
Last Post: elsanti
  WGU - Masters in Accounting Synicaal 2 2,018 02-24-2017, 09:53 PM
Last Post: mccatm
  Western Governors University accounting program? jrmorgan2011 1 1,309 05-24-2016, 02:41 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77