Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Virginia University of Lynchburg Accreditation on Warning
For those reading the sister board, here's the thread: https://www.degreeinfo.com/index.php?thr...ing.62606/
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(12-01-2023, 12:07 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: For those reading the sister board, here's the thread: https://www.degreeinfo.com/index.php?thr...ing.62606/

That thread derailed!
(12-01-2023, 12:44 AM)ss20ts Wrote:
(12-01-2023, 12:07 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: For those reading the sister board, here's the thread: https://www.degreeinfo.com/index.php?thr...ing.62606/

That thread derailed!
Impressive that it did it so quickly. Usually takes at least 10 or 12 posts to go from a legit discussion of an educational topic to Hitler, lynchings, and pimps. Also, not for nothing, hitting that trifecta is pretty impressive.
Master of Accountancy (taxation concentration), University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, in progress. 
Master of Business Administration (financial planning specialization), University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, in progress.

BA, UMPI.  Accounting major; Business Administration major/Management & Leadership concentration.  Awarded Dec. 2021.

In-person/B&M: BA (history, archaeology)
In-person/B&M: MA (American history)

Sophia: 15 courses (42hrs)
[-] The following 3 users Like freeloader's post:
  • jch, Leedeedee, ss20ts
For those wondering, accreditation warnings isn't uncommon and is honestly a good thing from the accreditation body. It keeps schools in line to guidelines and requirements.

For example:
The entire University of Maine system was under a probation shortly after their merger to ensure it "worked", they're not anymore.

USC recently got reaccredited after their huge scandal. However, during it they were placed on probation, stripped of NCAA, medical school, etc certifications they needed. They worked hard to gain it all back.

University of Texas El Paso was placed on warning due to lax standards.

University of Antelope Valley, one of the largest RA universities in California went under Warning for a while.

The world famous, Wesleyan College went on accreditation warning.

Spring Hill college went on accreditation warning.

Georgetown went on accreditation warning due to financial deficits.

Virginia State University recently got off warning.

Alabama State University recently got off warning.

The entire University of North Carolina system (most notably University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill) went on warning due to academic fraud.

Grand Canyon University's been on warning.

University of Phoenix has been on warning.

Almost any new university or program is automatically under probation.
Dr. Ashkir DHA, MBA, MAOL, PMP, GARA
College of St. Rose in Albany, NY has had warnings about their finances from their accreditation body and announced yesterday that the board of trustees voted to close the college at the end of the academic year in May 2024. Warnings from accreditation bodies usually mean there's serious problems which need to be corrected. Many colleges are struggling financially these days and more closures are coming.

GCU and UofP should be on permanent alert. I don't know how UofP is still even operating.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • ashkir
Another university is on warning too. Birmingham Southern College placed on warning by educational accreditor
Link: https://www.wbrc.com/2023/12/09/birmingh...ccreditor/
NEXT: Considering DBA, DIT or PhD
In Progress: MSU MBA

Completed: WGU MS-CIA & Ms University Isabel I, ENEB
TEEX: Cybersecurity 101 (4), Cybersecurity 201 (3), Cybersecurity 301 (3)
Sophia: Accounting (3), Project Management (3) Principles of Finance (3) 
Coursera: Google IT Certification, and Google Project Management.

Received an email from VUL to all students:

Dear DHA Student,
     We would like to proactively address an issue of concern that has been brought to our attention. Virginia University of Lynchburg is fully accredited by TRACS. That is not going to change. 
     As you may know, accreditation is an ongoing process, and a University is required to submit documents by certain due dates.  We are currently waiting on the auditors to finalize our audit, which will then be submitted to TRACS.   I have every confidence that this matter will be dealt with in a timely manner. Currently, the DHA program has a record number of students in the Fall 2023 cohort. The financial position of the University is very strong. I hope this addresses any concerns that have been raised on social media.
Best Wishes,
Rex Hammond

Dr. REX HAMMOND | DEAN, SCHOOL OF BUSINESS AND PROFESSIONAL STUDIES
2058 Garfield Ave. Lynchburg, VA 24501| Desk: (434) 363-3019
Email: rhammond@vul.edu | Web: vul.edu/dha

[Image: cid:3edc1172-258c-4fb5-8e09-63778a46e1de] 
Completed

Doctor of Healthcare Administration Virginia University of Lynchburg, 2024
Master's in Project Management  |  Universidad Isabel I / ENEB, 2024
MBA  |  Universidad Isabel I / ENEB, 2022
Master in Business & Corporate Communication  |  Universidad Isabel I / ENEB, 2022
BA (Equivalent)  |  NACES, ECE

In Progress

Master's in Human Resources Management, Universidad Isabel I / ENEB
Master's in Big Data & Business Intelligence, Universidad Isabel I / ENEB
Master of Arts in Human Rights Practice | University of Arizona
Bachelor of Science in Liberal Arts, Excelsior University 

[-] The following 2 users Like michaeladsmith2's post:
  • Dr_Chirp, origamishuttle
Hopefully they get through the 'rough patch' soon enough, just like Luna was on probation a few years ago, they 'fixed' whatever or at least 'patched' it enough to get past that initial probation and retained their accreditation. I think it'll be a favorable outcome as these are either public/state or private non-profit institutions... I look forward to them getting to the next level.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Any updates on VUL's status? TRACS hasn't provided an update so assuming the Warning is still in place.
(03-13-2024, 03:19 PM)PurpleReign Wrote: Any updates on VUL's status?  TRACS hasn't provided an update so assuming the Warning is still in place.

According to the TRACS website VUL still has the status "Accredited Warning"
Achieved
BSBA - GM: TESU
BSc(Hons) Politics: University of Plymouth
GradCert Computing: London Metropolitan University

Non-Credit Professional Certificates
Diversity and Inclusion in the Workplace: The Open University (UK)***Leading in a Remote Environment: Harvard University***Leadership and Communication: Harvard University***Digital Transformation as a Business and Innovation Strategy: Tec de Monterrey***Prince2 Certified***Lean Six Sigma Green Belt

Planned
PGDip, Public Administration: Marconi University (IT) via UniAthena
MBA, Digital Transformation: Marconi University (IT) via UniAthena 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sabi University Alpha 15 3,460 09-25-2024, 05:42 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Augusta University Hybrid PhD in Intelligence, Defense, and Cybersecurity Policy Jonathan Whatley 0 155 09-23-2024, 05:08 AM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Florida Atlantic University: PhD in CS $34K bjcheung77 17 4,057 09-21-2024, 02:54 AM
Last Post: dserios
  Binghamton University System Science PhD for $15k NotJoeBiden 3 277 09-16-2024, 06:01 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  University of Central Arkansas's Online Ph.D mohelena02 24 5,485 07-25-2024, 10:03 AM
Last Post: TINASAM
  European International University basu888 51 23,810 07-25-2024, 05:33 AM
Last Post: stevennguyen15691
  12-18 months PhD in Health Sciences - Faulkner University michaeladsmith2 18 1,561 07-07-2024, 08:05 PM
  VERN' and Brittany University doyouhowdo1 5 1,062 06-21-2024, 01:23 PM
  Capitol Technology University PhD in Cyberpsychology Sarit1046 20 1,980 04-23-2024, 01:07 PM
  DBA from Prague University of Economics and Business, 15k Euro durain 6 1,455 03-17-2024, 12:07 PM