Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VCRUZ1970 - TAMUC BAAS Degree Questions
Can anyone tell me how the Senior Courses for BAAS TAMUC for Organizational Leadership are graded? Are these courses graded with a letter grade from A-F or is there a different grading scale for Competency-Based-Courses/Programs. I was reading that Competency-Based_ Courses are graded differently than traditional University Courses. Also are these courses transferrable to other Universities if I want to pursue a Masters? Here is a list of the senior courses:

ORGL 3311
Foundations of Organizational Leadership
ORGL 3321
Organizational Communication
ORGL 3322
Organizational Ethics
ORGL 3331
Data Driven Decision Making
ORGL 3332
Organizational Behavior
ORGL 4341
Leadership Theory
ORGL 4343
Leading Change
ORGL 4342
Leading Diverse and Inclusive Teams
ORGL 4352
Capstone I
ORGL 4361
Capstone II
(10-18-2023, 05:43 PM)ltw900rr Wrote: Hello all,

I plan to use this thread to give a review of the courses that I take at TAMUC for BAAS ORG. I hope that this information can help new students who are curious about the courses offered at TAMUC. If you would like to add a review, please do so. I plan to add to this each semester.

Refer to the wiki for TAMUC Organizational Leadership click here for wiki

Course: MMJ 1307 Mass Communication in Society (040 requirement)
Instructor: G Smith
Course content: The textbook is the primary source of information. videos, and other links are posted, but the main focus is on the book.
Exam format: 5 pre tests and 5 post tests. Multiple choice answers. Tests are not timed
Exam content vs course content/practice exams: Most of the information from the pre and post tests can be found in the textbook.
Final exam or project: Media research project. 2 page paper using peer reviewed journals.
Time taken on course: About 1 week total, 5 days after work, and 2 days of the weekend.
Familiarity with subject before course: Very similar to Sophia Visual Communications. I felt like I knew most of this information before taking the class.
Pitfalls, high points, things others should know: straightforward course no surprises.
1-10 Difficulty level: I would give this a 4

Course: PSCI 2306 Texas Government and Politics
Instructor: Dr. K 

Course content: There is NO textbook. Videos, links to articles and open resource information are posted, there is a lot of information from many sources.It takes a lot of time to read all the information and watch all the videos.
Exam format: 3 pre tests and 3 post tests. Multiple choice answers, paragraph answers and essay answers. Tests are timed
Exam content vs course content/practice exams: Most of the information from the pre and post tests can be found in the information posted, but it is a lot to dig through.
Final exam or project: Course Project Analysis. 1200-1500 word paper covering one of the topics of Texas Government and Politics
Time taken on course: Way too much. I may have spent 4 weeks on this course. A week for me is 5 days after work and free time on Saturday and Sunday.
Familiarity with subject before course: I probably knew 40-50% of the material before taking the class.
Pitfalls, high points, things others should know: Just get through the 1st post test. it is all downhill after that. Save the pre tests so you have the paragraph and essay questions for the post tests.
1-10 Difficulty level: I would give this a 9-10 just for the level of frustration. If there was a textbook it would be so much better.

Course: CID 338 Talent Leadership in Human Resources
Instructor: C Rhodes

Course content: The textbook is the primary source of information. videos, and other links are posted, but the main focus is on the book.
Exam format: 1 pre test and 3 quizzes. Multiple choice answers. 
Exam content vs course content/practice exams: Most of the information from the pre and post tests can be found in the textbook.
Final exam or project: 1 final post test. 
Time taken on course: About 1 week total, 5 days after work, and 2 days of the weekend.
Familiarity with subject before course: I knew some of the information from working. The book was very informative.
Pitfalls, high points, things others should know: straightforward course no surprises.
1-10 Difficulty level: I would give this a 3

Can anyone tell me how the Senior Courses for BAAS TAMUC for Organizational Leadership are graded? Are these courses graded with a letter grade from A-F or is there a different grading scale for Competency-Based-Courses/Programs. I was reading that Competency-Based_ Courses are graded differently than traditional University Courses. Also are these courses transferrable to other Universities if I want to pursue a Masters? Here is a list of the senior courses:

ORGL 3311
ORGL 3321
ORGL 3322
Organizational Ethics
ORGL 3331
ORGL 3332
Organizational Behavior
ORGL 4341
Leadership Theory
ORGL 4343
Leading Change
ORGL 4342
ORGL 4352
Capstone I
ORGL 4361
Capstone II
(05-24-2024, 08:06 PM)VCRUZ1970 Wrote:
(10-18-2023, 05:43 PM)ltw900rr Wrote: Hello all,

I plan to use this thread to give a review of the courses that I take at TAMUC for BAAS ORG. I hope that this information can help new students who are curious about the courses offered at TAMUC. If you would like to add a review, please do so. I plan to add to this each semester.

Refer to the wiki for TAMUC Organizational Leadership click here for wiki

Course: MMJ 1307 Mass Communication in Society (040 requirement)
Instructor: G Smith
Exam format: 5 pre tests and 5 post tests. Multiple choice answers. Tests are not timed
Exam content vs course content/practice exams: Most of the information from the pre and post tests can be found in the textbook.
Final exam or project: Media research project. 2 page paper using peer reviewed journals.
Familiarity with subject before course: Very similar to Sophia Visual Communications. I felt like I knew most of this information before taking the class.
1-10 Difficulty level: I would give this a 4

Course: PSCI 2306 Texas Government and Politics
Instructor: Dr. K 

Course content: There is NO textbook. Videos, links to articles and open resource information are posted, there is a lot of information from many sources.It takes a lot of time to read all the information and watch all the videos.
Exam format: 3 pre tests and 3 post tests. Multiple choice answers, paragraph answers and essay answers. Tests are timed
Exam content vs course content/practice exams: Most of the information from the pre and post tests can be found in the information posted, but it is a lot to dig through.
Final exam or project: Course Project Analysis. 1200-1500 word paper covering one of the topics of Texas Government and Politics
Time taken on course: Way too much. I may have spent 4 weeks on this course. A week for me is 5 days after work and free time on Saturday and Sunday.
Familiarity with subject before course: I probably knew 40-50% of the material before taking the class.
Pitfalls, high points, things others should know: Just get through the 1st post test. it is all downhill after that. Save the pre tests so you have the paragraph and essay questions for the post tests.
1-10 Difficulty level: I would give this a 9-10 just for the level of frustration. If there was a textbook it would be so much better.

Course: CID 338 Talent Leadership in Human Resources
Instructor: C Rhodes

Exam format: 1 pre test and 3 quizzes. Multiple choice answers. 
Exam content vs course content/practice exams: Most of the information from the pre and post tests can be found in the textbook.
Final exam or project: 1 final post test. 
Familiarity with subject before course: I knew some of the information from working. The book was very informative.
1-10 Difficulty level: I would give this a 3

ORGL 3311
ORGL 3321
ORGL 3322
Organizational Ethics
ORGL 3331
ORGL 3332
Organizational Behavior
ORGL 4341
Leadership Theory
ORGL 4343
Leading Change
ORGL 4342
ORGL 4352
Capstone I
ORGL 4361
Capstone II
You are given a letter grade with each class
---
Completed:
Purdue Global - Masters in Cybersecurity
TAMUC - BAAS Organizational Leadership
Pierpont - AAS BOG

[-] The following 3 users Like fromthedepths's post:
  • ltw900rr, NapoleonInRags, VCRUZ1970
@VCRUZ1970, Welcome to the board, patience my friend, there really isn't a need to rush and create multiple duplicate posts just to get answers... It's great to ask questions, but better not to double post or you'll get confused with multiple answers or responses. TAMUC classes are graded, they're RA and accepted at other institutions for transfer.

Having said that, just like any other undergrad class you take anywhere, it will not transfer into a Masters or any other graduate program. The only exception to that rule is, a Bachelors to Masters option where you take Masters classes towards both the Bachelors and Masters. Thus, the answer is, no, these classes will not transfer to a Masters degree.

Last but not least, I think you're asking will these TAMUC classes fit prerequisites to get you into a Masters degree at a semi-competitive or a more competitive program, the answer is yes. These again are coming from RA system, State/Public institution, not a for-profit or small private institution no one has heard of.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • ltw900rr
The bachelor's and master's degrees are two separate levels (with only rare exceptions). Bachelor's credit from even the most prestigious school will not transfer to a master's degree. However, bachelor's graduates from the TAMUC BAAS in OL go on to enter master's programs at excellent universities every term.
[-] The following 2 users Like Jonathan Whatley's post:
  • jg_nuy, ltw900rr
Thank you all for responding. I am glad I found this forum. Does anyone know if a letter grade for the following courses are annotated on the TAMUC transcript because my employer pays college tuition according to a grading scale of A-F. I read that competency based courses are graded differently with a different grading scale. Can anyone tell me what type of grading system does the BAAS TAMUC Organizational Leadership give for the following courses:

ORGL 3311
ORGL 3321
ORGL 3322
Organizational Ethics
ORGL 3331
ORGL 3332
Organizational Behavior
ORGL 4341
Leadership Theory
ORGL 4343
Leading Change
ORGL 4342
ORGL 4352
Capstone I
ORGL 4361
Capstone II
@VCRUZ1970, It's great you're asking questions, it's confusing what you're trying to do a the moment, as you're it seems like you're asking the same thing 3 times... It's wonderful you get tuition assistance and reimbursement accordingly. These TAMUC does take effort and time to get acceptable grades, I would shoot for the A but if you have to, settle for a B and don't bother repeating classes. I don't think anyone can get lower than a B to get to the next class... So, your answer is, A/B or repeat until you get the B to go into the next set of classes.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Some CBE programs grade on a credit/no-credit or similar basis (e.g., WGU), but some use traditional letter grades (e.g, TAMUC, UMPI).
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jonathan Whatley's post:
  • VCRUZ1970
@VCRUZ1970

Here is a screenshot of my transcript from TAMUC showing the classes I completed there.

link to transcript

Completed:
TAMUC BAAS Org Leadership
SJC AAS Automotive Technology
[-] The following 3 users Like ltw900rr's post:
  • fromthedepths, Jonathan Whatley, Vle045
Letter grades are assigned the same way as any other class at TAMUC. Like others have said you should have no problem applying to any graduate program from this school as it is part of a major state university system. I graduated with my BAAS in ORGL and I am now pursuing my Master of Science from TAMUC.
Texas A&M University-Commerce: M.S. Organization, Learning, and Technologies '25
Texas A&M University-Commerce: BAAS Organizational Leadership, Summa Cum Laude 
Universidad Internacional Isabel I De Castilla/ENEB-MBA Master of Business Administration
Pierpont Community and Technical College: AAS BOG, AOE Criminal Justice 

[-] The following 2 users Like txc1500's post:
  • fromthedepths, ltw900rr

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Please help for degree planning zyczycccc 5 196 11 hours ago
Last Post: zyczycccc
  Breaking Into Sales - Help With Getting a Bachelor’s Degree (Most Likely Business Adm AccountingForThis 8 223 Yesterday, 01:15 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Please help for degree planning Rabbitbunny 7 243 10-15-2024, 07:50 PM
  Master's Degree Options dm.hans32 8 777 10-15-2024, 02:54 PM
Last Post: dm.hans32
  TESU BA Math and CS Degree Planning thornytumbleweed 12 945 10-15-2024, 12:31 PM
Last Post: thornytumbleweed
  UMPI BABA Degree Plan Heeler_Bandit_12OclockLow 4 317 10-14-2024, 01:04 AM
  TESU Liberal Arts Degree; What Study courses to take waterv1 5 289 10-13-2024, 08:38 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  List of Lingering Questions (BSBA Journey) SlowReader 6 503 10-12-2024, 12:00 PM
  Lurker Canadian Gal Looking for A Degree blessedjozefina 4 245 10-08-2024, 11:11 PM
  Italian guy looking for US Bachelor Degree Zaknir 6 437 10-08-2024, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Avidreader