Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MAOL Advice - UMPI/Brandman
(02-25-2024, 03:46 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: If you're in the US, you may want to consider WGU MSML in addition to these two for an alternative competency based option...

Is there a large difference between them? I was told the MSML is alot less writing and can be faster than the MAOL.

-
Joe
-
Joe
(02-25-2024, 09:01 PM)NotJoeBiden Wrote:
(02-25-2024, 03:46 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: If you're in the US, you may want to consider WGU MSML in addition to these two for an alternative competency based option...

Is there a large difference between them? I was told the MSML is alot less writing and can be faster than the MAOL.

-
Joe

Basically how do you approach school. Are you comfortable with exams and being proctored? MSML is a great choice. If you have extreme anxiety and would rather be left alone and just do a few essays, the MAOL is better.
Dr. Ashkir DHA, MBA, MAOL, PMP, GARA
[-] The following 1 user Likes ashkir's post:
  • NotJoeBiden
That's correct, if you're more self paced and like to do things individually without too much interaction except for drafts and revisions, etc, UMPI MAOL is better. Having said that, if you don't mind weekly or so follow up/meetings etc with a mentor, have exams that are proctored, and a more rigid experience where you need or have more interaction, WGU isn't a bad choice either. You need to look at all variables, if cost, ease, speed is a concern, UMPI is $2150/session, WGU is $4955/term, you need to 'gauge' how well you work and estimate completion time.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • NotJoeBiden
(02-26-2024, 04:26 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: That's correct, if you're more self paced and like to do things individually without too much interaction except for drafts and revisions, etc, UMPI MAOL is better.  Having said that, if you don't mind weekly or so follow up/meetings etc with a mentor, have exams that are proctored, and a more rigid experience where you need or have more interaction, WGU isn't a bad choice either.  You need to look at all variables, if cost, ease, speed is a concern, UMPI is $2150/session, WGU is $4955/term, you need to 'gauge' how well you work and estimate completion time.

My father is one of the OGs who knocked out the MSML & MBA in one term (each as you can't do two degrees in one term or he would have), and what he loved about WGU was the balance of writing tasks and exams. His thought of the exams was that only a small handful carried weight worth stressing about, while the majority, with proper studying, aligned well with the study guides, making the test feel very comfortable.

MAOL writing load from those who have graduated from UMPI turned me away as the amount of writing wasn't that daunting; however, no one expressed any joy in their experience, so it seemed like a wise pass for me. 

No need for the few to flud into the comments with 'I had so much joy - it was so joyous.' The records scream otherwise Big Grin
Virginia University of Lynchburg Doctorate of Healthcare Administration 
Universidad Isabel I / ENEB MBA & Master in Big Data and Business Intelligence, summa cum laude
University of Presque Isle BABA Management and Leadership, magna cum lauda
RANSOMSOUL
[-] The following 1 user Likes KSoul's post:
  • NotJoeBiden

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UMPI MAOL kakasahib 1 251 09-26-2024, 06:05 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Seeking Advice on Increasing Financial Aid and Finding Competency-Based Marketing or asdfasd78 15 971 08-27-2024, 08:47 PM
Last Post: Hotdogman1
  UMPI MAOL vs WGU MSML? Jwheels27 31 7,315 07-28-2024, 12:36 AM
  best MBA/Masters in Finance programs after UMPI? CFPhopeful 7 11,868 04-07-2024, 08:51 PM
Last Post: Mjake260
  Cheapest/Easiest Master's? Hellenic, WGU, UMPi? mohelena02 19 2,931 03-18-2024, 11:13 AM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  Engineering Masters with UMPI liberal studies bachelors tmikula 8 1,470 01-22-2024, 06:42 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Help - Masters Degree Advice bdcmetal666 12 3,691 11-18-2023, 03:46 PM
  Advice for my mom who has a Master's in Economics and is ABD for a PhD Catcherinthecorn 9 1,310 10-22-2023, 07:58 PM
  Any Master programs similar to UMPI? Ebroady23 6 1,950 10-04-2023, 04:25 PM
Last Post: xspect
  master of arts in organizational leadership umpi kimmyk 2 1,503 11-28-2022, 06:01 PM
Last Post: ashkir