Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unfinished
Buddy I have att with 4 phone lines and 2 Apple watches. And data on an iPad. Me being an “entitled parent” But not entitled enough to wear one of the watches gets the hand me down iPhone whenever one of them gets an upgrade. Trust me when I say it’s not $30 for unlimited data talk and text. Not in my neck of the woods.
(10-20-2021, 01:58 PM)Pats20 Wrote: Buddy I have att with 4 phone lines and 2 Apple watches. And data on an iPad.  Me being an “entitled parent” But not entitled enough to wear one of the watches gets the hand me down iPhone whenever one of them gets an upgrade. Trust me when I say it’s not $30  for unlimited data talk and text. Not in my neck of the woods.

Great now we're in a pissing contest over who has the best phone. lol
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
Not me I can assure you. Like I said I’m the one that gets the hand me downs. Lol. No worries. Have a good day.
(10-20-2021, 02:51 PM)Pats20 Wrote: Not me I can assure you. Like I said I’m the one that gets the hand me downs. Lol. No worries. Have a good day.

Well, your hand-me-downs are better than the new phones I buy. Have a nice evening as well.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
We Were So Poor… – Lingua Franca (wordpress.com)
(10-20-2021, 08:08 AM)Pats20 Wrote: Affordability for college , cell phones , rent , and food are mostly a middle class issue. These are not issues for the wealthy and there are a magnitude of programs out there to make sure the poor can go to college and have a cell phone. It’s unfortunate that the middle class continues to be squeezed to the breaking point. Yes kids can take 1 or 2 classes at a time , Yes they can delay graduating Increasing their chances of never completing  ,  yes they can give up their cell phones , I completely agree. That’s how it should be if necessary. It’s just unfortunate that has to happen so that someone else can get both for free.

My family is def middle class and I had an offer for Rutgers which came out to $150K or so for 4 years. Zero FAFSA or even scholarships (despite 98% SAT). In the end I couldn’t do it. Found this place and now I got 60 credits already on my way to an accounting degree. I’m gonna try and pass the CPA board by the time my buddies get back from college for second year Christmas break (next year).
(10-20-2021, 07:41 PM)thecontrarian Wrote:
(10-20-2021, 08:08 AM)Pats20 Wrote: Affordability for college , cell phones , rent , and food are mostly a middle class issue. These are not issues for the wealthy and there are a magnitude of programs out there to make sure the poor can go to college and have a cell phone. It’s unfortunate that the middle class continues to be squeezed to the breaking point. Yes kids can take 1 or 2 classes at a time , Yes they can delay graduating Increasing their chances of never completing  ,  yes they can give up their cell phones , I completely agree. That’s how it should be if necessary. It’s just unfortunate that has to happen so that someone else can get both for free.

My family is def middle class and I had an offer for Rutgers which came out to $150K or so for 4 years. Zero FAFSA or even scholarships (despite 98% SAT). In the end I couldn’t do it. Found this place and now I got 60 credits already on my way to an accounting degree. I’m gonna try and pass the CPA board by the time my buddies get back from college for second year Christmas break (next year).
That’s awesome. Great job not giving up and finding a way.