Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UT-Rio Grande MPA
After a year off of school and getting settled into my new position at work, I'm starting my Masters in Public Affairs at UTRGV next month! I know this program has been talked about before, but I'm not sure if anyone has actually done the program. 

Degree can be completed in a year if you are able to dedicate enough time for 2 classes during the 7-week accelerated terms. I'm not under a time crunch for this degree, so my plan is 18-22 months taking only one class per accelerated semester for most semesters. 

The school has a ton of grants and scholarships available including a $2k scholarship for all graduate programs that I have never seen go away. Bringing this program to $14k max. Some students can get it for significantly less. Due to the Texas firefighter exemption, I am blessed to have my tuition covered for this particular program.

If anyone is curious about the college, the application process, or this degree let me know and I'll be happy to answer them as I go further through this process!

https://www.utrgv.edu/accelerated/progra.../index.htm
[-] The following 5 users Like teejayb's post:
  • jg_nuy, Jonathan Whatley, ltw900rr, RachelB, Vle045
Congrats on getting this far already! Wow, that's awesome having your tuition covered! I look forward to reviewing your posts on this program...
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(07-06-2024, 10:32 AM)teejayb Wrote: After a year off of school and getting settled into my new position at work, I'm starting my Masters in Public Affairs at UTRGV next month! I know this program has been talked about before, but I'm not sure if anyone has actually done the program. 

Degree can be completed in a year if you are able to dedicate enough time for 2 classes during the 7-week accelerated terms. I'm not under a time crunch for this degree, so my plan is 18-22 months taking only one class per accelerated semester for most semesters. 

The school has a ton of grants and scholarships available including a $2k scholarship for all graduate programs that I have never seen go away. Bringing this program to $14k max. Some students can get it for significantly less. Due to the Texas firefighter exemption, I am blessed to have my tuition covered for this particular program.

If anyone is curious about the college, the application process, or this degree let me know and I'll be happy to answer them as I go further through this process!

Texas firefighter exemption?

One: Please tell us more.

Two: Is this only open to Texas based firefighters?

Associates in: EMS, History, and Philosophy
Certificates in: Military History and Quality Assurance
B.S. in: Emergency Management and Healthcare Admin
M.S. in: Public Safety Administration
In Progress:
Graduate Certificate in: National Security
Looking into doctoral programs
(07-07-2024, 06:51 PM)FireMedic_Philosopher Wrote:
(07-06-2024, 10:32 AM)teejayb Wrote: After a year off of school and getting settled into my new position at work, I'm starting my Masters in Public Affairs at UTRGV next month! I know this program has been talked about before, but I'm not sure if anyone has actually done the program. 

Texas firefighter exemption?

One: Please tell us more.

Two: Is this only open to Texas based firefighters?

It is only for firefighters employed in the state. Here is the link to the purpose of the exemption, requirements and eligible programs!  http://www.collegeforalltexans.com/apps/...cfm?ID=506