Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UExcel Credit by Exam Program - Free exams
Excelsior College and Pearson have launched a credit by exam program similar to CLEP and DSST. Its currently in beta status. Titles available:
Psych, Physics, Calc, Poli Sci

You can take an exam for free (through Nov 15) and receive college credit. They're normally $85 (use the promo code UExcelFree during the reg process to get it for free).

Check out UExcel for more info.
carlyle05 Wrote:Excelsior College and Pearson have launched a credit by exam program similar to CLEP and DSST. Its currently in beta status. Titles available:
Psych, Physics, Calc, Poli Sci

You can take an exam for free (through Nov 15) and receive college credit. They're normally $85 (use the promo code UExcelFree during the reg process to get it for free).

Check out UExcel for more info.

Wow through Nov 15. I originally thought the beta was ending at the end of September. I wonder if this means we will have to wait even longer to get our beta test results.

Peace123
Ok I just found this on the Uexcel site . Interesting:

Look for UExcel examinations in College Writing and
Statistics coming soon!
peace123 Wrote:Ok I just found this on the Uexcel site . Interesting:

Look for UExcel examinations in College Writing and
Statistics coming soon!

They're listed in the Technical Guide on the UExcel website on the Exams page. The guide indicates that they have enough statistical data on both the Statistics exam and the College Writing exam. So I suspect those two exams will not be available as part of the beta program.

Originally, I saw that the College Writing and Statistics exams would be made available October 1st. That may be subject to change.

The website says that "Your grade will be available on the UExcel Web site when official grades are available in Fall 2008."

The most exciting development for potential Excelsior students is the College Writing exam. I would assume this would meet the written English Requirement at Excelsior (since Excelsior developed the tests). At $85, it would be far cheaper than an ECE or TECEP to meet that requirement.
I just complete the Uexcel Psych test. It's pretty straight forward. So for all of you that are thinking of taking it, this is what you should know (Based on the exam that I took anyway)

1- Know the main Theorists and Theories
2- Be able to identify and describe various mental disorders.
3- Know the different parts of the brain and neurotransmitters
4- Memory: Short term vs Long term
5- Childhood development
6- Parts of the eye
rubbersoul Wrote:I just complete the Uexcel Psych test. It's pretty straight forward. So for all of you that are thinking of taking it, this is what you should know (Based on the exam that I took anyway)

1- Know the main Theorists and Theories
2- Be able to identify and describe various mental disorders.
3- Know the different parts of the brain and neurotransmitters
4- Memory: Short term vs Long term
5- Childhood development
6- Parts of the eye

What study material did you use for the test?
I Started with Psychology (Cliffs Quick Review) (Paperback)
ISBN: 0822053276

I fould this website to be helpful:
Psychology 101 at AllPsych Online

I used the textbook Uexcel.com suggested, except to save money I bought 1 edition prior to the one they recommend.
Wade, C., & Tavris, C. (2008). Psychology (9th ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice Hall. ISBN-13: 9780132387385
rubbersoul Wrote:I Started with Psychology (Cliffs Quick Review) (Paperback)
ISBN: 0822053276

I fould this website to be helpful:
Psychology 101 at AllPsych Online

I used the textbook Uexcel.com suggested, except to save money I bought 1 edition prior to the one they recommend.
Wade, C., & Tavris, C. (2008). Psychology (9th ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice Hall. ISBN-13: 9780132387385

Thank you!
Please disregard this post. I was able to answer my question.
Passed:

DSSTs
Here's to Your Health-LL 3, Lifespan Dev.-LL 3,Principles of Public Speaking-LL 3

CLEPs
College Comp Modular-LL 3 01-Jul-10, Freshman Comp-LL 6, College Math-LL 6, Humanities-LL 6, Information Systems & Computer Applications-LL 3

Human Resource Mgmt A.A. (CCAF):patriot:
General Studies B.S. AMU (Currently working on)banghead
Anyone know if TESC will accept these classes as credit?
~Autumn

Master of Arts - Emergency and Disaster Management - Estimated Completion 2014
Bachelor of Science Human Services in Emergency Disaster Services - TESC- December 2009
Culinary Arts Certificate - Boise State University 2002

Education teaches a man to spell experience.Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Prerequisite and credit transfer question kblue6494 4 213 08-29-2024, 10:37 AM
Last Post: kblue6494
  Question about the 1 credit RA self-paced class from ASU sparkling 6 1,871 08-28-2024, 10:42 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  any Cert-free schools? pluggingalong 2 270 08-24-2024, 09:44 PM
Last Post: pluggingalong
  CBE program for data analysis or data science? FreeAgnes 3 373 08-22-2024, 12:55 AM
Last Post: Leojames26
  PMP practice quizzes or exams Kjnova 5 418 08-18-2024, 08:45 AM
Last Post: Kjnova
  Taking exams for online courses stats-time 4 331 08-04-2024, 02:46 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
Lightbulb ASU to Launch a Free Global Initiative and enroll 100 million students MNomadic 216 38,072 08-04-2024, 12:57 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  Free College Hack - Italian or Hungarian Ancestry nykorn 7 592 07-23-2024, 05:30 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
  Quickest/Most inexpensive credit banking? Calstar 10 1,936 07-10-2024, 09:36 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Free college for "Senior citizens" jb111 6 714 07-07-2024, 06:55 PM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher