Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two questions...
1. I am going to taking the History 2 test today, and was wondering how in depth the questions are? Of if someone could give me a sample of some questions or how they may be worded. I have been studying the IC cards, and read over some pass your class.

2. The test has 120 questions, does having more questions on a test make it easier or harder to pass?
Cleps Passed: (36) English Comp w/essay, Freshman Comp, A & I Lit, Princ of Management, , College Math, Humanities, US History 1 and US History 2, Marketing

Dantes Passed: (48) Astronomy, Supervision, Bus. Math, Intro to Bus, Human Resource Management, Ethics in America, Tech Writing, Intro to Computing, World Religions, Personal Finance, Intro to LE, Org Behavior, Environment & Humanity, Here's to your Health and Criminal Justice.

Traditional: (43)

FEMA: (13)

Military: (70+)
I don't remember specifics of the exam, but I don't recall it being super detailed. But on the other hand, it was detailed enough that I really did have to think sometimes.

If you see this before your test, I'd recommend doing some Wikipedia reading on the various political parties (Progressive, Mugwumps, etc.). I remember that topic stumping me because there was so much to keep track of.

I've never noticed the number of questions making it harder or easier to pass. The ease level is determined by what they ask, not how many questions they ask.

Good luck!
studyhard Wrote:I don't remember specifics of the exam, but I don't recall it being super detailed. But on the other hand, it was detailed enough that I really did have to think sometimes.

If you see this before your test, I'd recommend doing some Wikipedia reading on the various political parties (Progressive, Mugwumps, etc.). I remember that topic stumping me because there was so much to keep track of.

I've never noticed the number of questions making it harder or easier to pass. The ease level is determined by what they ask, not how many questions they ask.

Good luck!

I meant in terms of the grade, for example if you get one point per correct answer then wouldn't having more questions aid in you scoring higher?
Cleps Passed: (36) English Comp w/essay, Freshman Comp, A & I Lit, Princ of Management, , College Math, Humanities, US History 1 and US History 2, Marketing

Dantes Passed: (48) Astronomy, Supervision, Bus. Math, Intro to Bus, Human Resource Management, Ethics in America, Tech Writing, Intro to Computing, World Religions, Personal Finance, Intro to LE, Org Behavior, Environment & Humanity, Here's to your Health and Criminal Justice.

Shadowless Wrote:I meant in terms of the grade, for example if you get one point per correct answer then wouldn't having more questions aid in you scoring higher?

I don't believe so. From my experience, and from what I have read on this forum. To get a 50 (a pass for most schools) you have to answer approximately half of the questions correctly. So if it was a 120 question test you should aim towards getting at least 60 right.

In terms of the actual test. I found it slightly more difficult than U.S. Histoy I. I would recommend knowing the Presidents (what policies they are known for etc..), the social and political atomesphere, and another big thing was civil rights (know all the rules, when they were enacted, and who they pertain to). Good Luck!
[SIZE="2"]BSBA Marketing Thomas Edison State College-63/120[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]College Math-66, College Algebra-64, Analyzing & Interpreting Literature-67, U.S. History I-66, U.S. History II-61, Information Systems & Computer Applications-59, Biology-61, DSST Introduction to Business-61, Introductory Sociology-65, Introductory Psychology-52, Principles of Microeconomics-54, Principles of Macroeconomics-47, Principles of Marketing-68, Financial Accounting-47, Introductory Business Law-62, Principles of Management-70, DSST Principles of Supervision-64, DSST Organizational Behavior-68, English Literature-61[/SIZE]
Im taking this one next month. I wont start studying for it til another 2 weeks probably.

If you already got back from taking it, how did you do? I would very much appreciate some detailed feedback on this exam!
Well I took the test, had to rush since i had a dentist appointment (needed three fillings). I passed with a 53. Like most people it's very hard to leave feedback because the questions are always so vague or overly long. For example they give you a paragraph long question, with a paragraph long list of answer choices, so annoying.

There were tons of the which of the following ARE NOT true questions, one graph question I remember. About 5-8 questions are authors, writers I never heard of and that were not covered on IC or any other material. Most of the feedback is correct over all. The feedback on the first woman for birth control was right on, I remember a question on the Warren justice, difference between Populist and Progressist, a couple questions on quotes and who wrote them, black panthers...

No questions on Lincolns 10% plan, no questions on pearl harbor. One question on Desert Storm, none on Clinton, several on Reagen.

It just shows you how in depth these questions must be if I can't remember half of them and I just took the test.

Shadowless Wrote:Well I took the test, had to rush since i had a dentist appointment (needed three fillings). I passed with a 53. Like most people it's very hard to leave feedback because the questions are always so vague or overly long. For example they give you a paragraph long question, with a paragraph long list of answer choices, so annoying.

There were tons of the which of the following ARE NOT true questions, one graph question I remember. About 5-8 questions are authors, writers I never heard of and that were not covered on IC or any other material. Most of the feedback is correct over all. The feedback on the first woman for birth control was right on, I remember a question on the Warren justice, difference between Populist and Progressist, a couple questions on quotes and who wrote them, black panthers...

No questions on Lincolns 10% plan, no questions on pearl harbor. One question on Desert Storm, none on Clinton, several on Reagen.

It just shows you how in depth these questions must be if I can't remember half of them and I just took the test.
>>

CONGRATS!!!!!!
Congrats on passing and thanks for providing feedback!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are discussion questions becoming irrelevant with AI?? Vle045 26 1,411 08-19-2024, 04:43 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  The American Dream Academy Closing 4/30 Questions SophiaPrincess 14 2,794 05-08-2024, 12:15 AM
Last Post: upgrayedd
  Questions regarding IDSS (through the MITx micromaster for data science path) blablablox 0 522 03-06-2024, 09:58 AM
Last Post: blablablox
  5 Random Questions [LOR, Pell, SNHU, etc] omicreativedev 5 989 01-07-2023, 04:03 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Questions midnite123 18 1,799 12-12-2022, 02:52 AM
Last Post: midnite123
  Sophia.org Questions midnite123 37 3,569 09-20-2022, 06:32 PM
Last Post: midnite123
  Coopersmith - Course questions disney_day_dreamer 2 941 07-12-2022, 04:46 PM
Last Post: disney_day_dreamer
  5 Questions to Answer When Creating a Positive Online Presence for College Acceptance LevelUP 0 551 03-19-2022, 02:55 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  HSE questions Celiics 9 1,614 10-31-2021, 02:10 PM
Last Post: Celiics
  Questions about Davar Academy "Business class". qiaoyiren 11 2,089 04-02-2021, 11:23 AM
Last Post: rachel83az