Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tips for Straighterline
Mab81 Wrote:Oh thank you, that's amazing! I have been wanting to try Shmoop. I am curious about Davar though, it seems like it may be a good option for me since you only pay at the end for the exam.

That's the same as Saylor, you pay for the proctor exam fee. The only thing people don't like about these type of courses is - it's pass/fail at 70%.
With Straighterline and Study.com, that percentage drops as it has assignments or exams/midterms in place, the final is only worth 30-66% total.
I added Shmoop to my BALS as it the cheapest courses that are non proctored and they have a whole lot to be set in there, I would as much of it.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
For Straighterlines ACC 101, how many points do you need altogether to pass?

Thinking of using Straighterlines course to get my last credits in. The struggle with ACC 101 has been real, and with a few weeks to go for finalizing my graduation, figured I'd give it a shot. Any tips would be great. I've finished Study.com courses in a day, so wondering if it's possible to finish Straighterline courses that quickly as well?
TESU BSBA GM
Started: Nov 2016
Graduation Goal: Sept 2017
114/120

CLEP: (15) A&I LiteratureㅣCollege Compㅣ Macroeconomics
ALEKS: (12) Buisness StatisticsㅣPreCalculusㅣCollege AlgebraㅣIntermediate Algebra
The Institutes: (2) Insurance Ethics
TEEX: (4) Cybersecurity for EveryoneㅣCybersecurity for IT Professionals
Saylor: (18) Intro to Molecular & Cellular BiologyㅣEnviromental EthicsㅣBuisness Law & EthicsㅣPrinciples of ManagementㅣPrinciples of MarketingㅣMoral & Political Philosophy
Study.com: (42) Personal FinanceㅣPrinciples of FinanceㅣIntro to CommunicationㅣIntro to World ReligionㅣIntro to SociologyㅣIntro to Managerial AccountingㅣGlobal & International ManagementㅣDigital Marketing & AdvertisingㅣOrganizational Behavior ㅣ Human Resource ManagementㅣStrategic Human Resource ManagementㅣAdvanced AccountingㅣEnvironmental Science 101ㅣMarketing Research
DAVAR: (18) CIS 101ㅣCIS 315ㅣSCI 103ㅣSCI 102ㅣMAN 390ㅣAmerican Gov
TECEP: (3) Business Admin BUS-421
strawberryxfuzz Wrote:For Straighterlines ACC 101, how many points do you need altogether to pass?

Thinking of using Straighterlines course to get my last credits in. The struggle with ACC 101 has been real, and with a few weeks to go for finalizing my graduation, figured I'd give it a shot. Any tips would be great. I've finished Study.com courses in a day, so wondering if it's possible to finish Straighterline courses that quickly as well?

700/1000, like every other SL course. 800/1000 points are available prior to the proctored final, so if you manage to get around an 88% on every assignment, you can just click through the final.
I finished my first SL course in 24 hours plus 30 minutes for my final. My second course took me 9 hours, but I scheduled my final a week out. It's possible, and if you have done well with Study (which you have) you won't have any problems with SL.
Master of Business Administration, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Management & Team Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in International Trade, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Supply Chain Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Project Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2023

BS Information Technology, Western Governors University, 2017
AAS Cybersecurity, Community College, 2017
FEMA Emergency Management Certificate, 2017
Fundraising Specialization Certificate, Berkeley/Haas, 2020

Undergraduate Credits: 165 Semester Credits
Graduate Credits: 105 ECTS (52.5 Semester Credits)
Thorne Wrote:700/1000, like every other SL course. 800/1000 points are available prior to the proctored final, so if you manage to get around an 88% on every assignment, you can just click through the final.
I finished my first SL course in 24 hours plus 30 minutes for my final. My second course took me 9 hours, but I scheduled my final a week out. It's possible, and if you have done well with Study (which you have) you won't have any problems with SL.

Smile Thanks alot! Gonna get started on it and see how it goes.
TESU BSBA GM
Started: Nov 2016
Graduation Goal: Sept 2017
114/120

CLEP: (15) A&I LiteratureㅣCollege Compㅣ Macroeconomics
ALEKS: (12) Buisness StatisticsㅣPreCalculusㅣCollege AlgebraㅣIntermediate Algebra
The Institutes: (2) Insurance Ethics
TEEX: (4) Cybersecurity for EveryoneㅣCybersecurity for IT Professionals
Saylor: (18) Intro to Molecular & Cellular BiologyㅣEnviromental EthicsㅣBuisness Law & EthicsㅣPrinciples of ManagementㅣPrinciples of MarketingㅣMoral & Political Philosophy
Study.com: (42) Personal FinanceㅣPrinciples of FinanceㅣIntro to CommunicationㅣIntro to World ReligionㅣIntro to SociologyㅣIntro to Managerial AccountingㅣGlobal & International ManagementㅣDigital Marketing & AdvertisingㅣOrganizational Behavior ㅣ Human Resource ManagementㅣStrategic Human Resource ManagementㅣAdvanced AccountingㅣEnvironmental Science 101ㅣMarketing Research
DAVAR: (18) CIS 101ㅣCIS 315ㅣSCI 103ㅣSCI 102ㅣMAN 390ㅣAmerican Gov
TECEP: (3) Business Admin BUS-421
Seriously, Besides the CLEP/DSST - Straighterline and Study.com are the best options for almost all courses available.
I would interchange courses (meaning if one is not available, it should be available at the other provider) if possible..
Basically, SL for cheap/easy/fast and Study.com for "high school easy", that's my termed slogan for now at least...
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Straighterline Open Book Finals cookiecandle 15 10,771 09-16-2024, 12:24 AM
Last Post: VanillaBean
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 399 496,682 09-12-2024, 07:04 PM
Last Post: wow
  Question re: Straighterline ACC150 ExcellentPhoto 3 315 08-16-2024, 11:49 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  StraighterLine Spam Emails... bjcheung77 2 281 07-16-2024, 09:18 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Straighterline TESU Pre Health Classes Melispheric 5 493 06-21-2024, 10:35 AM
  Columbia Southern University and StraighterLine - Saving on my degree Bpreli 11 3,320 05-28-2024, 10:44 PM
  Straighterline Spanish 1 yc1981 4 506 04-26-2024, 03:11 PM
  Missing Credly Badges form StraighterLine legenwait4itdary 4 850 03-29-2024, 01:19 AM
  Missing Straighterline credits on credly yc1981 2 466 03-27-2024, 07:53 AM
Brick MAT150 - Straighterline - Final Exam riteshvpandya 2 852 02-26-2024, 11:31 PM
Last Post: riteshvpandya