Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do these characters in the College Mathematics study guide mean?
A Ç (B È C) = (A È B) È (A È C)
A Ç (B È C) = (A È B) Ç (A Ç C)
A Ç (B È C) = (A Ç B) È (A Ç C)
A Ç (B È C) = (A È B) Ç (A È C)

What do the characters "Ç" and "È" represent? I am having trouble with this study guide considering there are new characters that seem to have no explanation with them.
ods2000 Wrote:A Ç (B È C) = (A È B) È (A È C)

What do the characters "Ç" and "È" represent? I am having trouble with this study guide considering there are new characters that seem to have no explanation with them.

my best guess
If this is an online study guide? these look to me like set theory\venn diagram problems (unions, intersectons, elements) and those weird characters are html computer codes not transcribing to the correct characters U, upside down U, and the rounded side E.

Hope you get the idea.

maybe you need java program or something to recognize the codes .....sorry I couldnt be of more help....I think a person who understands computer language or maybe its "new Math" (im over 40)Confusedmilelol:...

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BA, Social Sciences. 2010. Arnold Fletcher Award.
AAS, Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies. 2011
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!
Are you seeing the characters in the IC flashcards? Which browser are you using? The characters are referring to Sets, but your browser is not displaying the correct character. If you're using Firefox, there is a post that explains how to fix the problem by using GreaseMonkey.

I compared a Power Point presentation that I found on Google to the cached HTML page and figured out what they represent:

È = Union = U
Ç = Intersection
Æ = Empty Set = Ø
Yes I was actually using Firefox and not Internet Explorer so the characters didn't register which is why I got weird symbols instead. Thanks for the help
You can use this also as well:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/10909/
I'm having the same trouble as the original poster with the characters. I am using a MAC, not PC. Does anyone know of an add-on for MAC that could solve this problem? I've tried opening up the questions in Safari, but still not reading the characters correctly.

Original Post:

A Ç (B È C) = (A È B) È (A È C)

Spicegal323 Wrote:What do the characters "Ç" and "È" represent?

These characters indicate a Unicode character formatting FAIL. They have no mathematical meaning.
63 CLEP Sociology
75 CLEP U.S. History II
63 CLEP College Algebra
70 CLEP Analyzing and Interpreting Literature
68 DSST Technical Writing
72 CLEP U.S. History I
77 CLEP College Mathematics
470 DSST Statistics
53 CLEP College Composition
73 CLEP Biology
54 CLEP Chemistry
77 CLEP Information Systems and Computer Applications
Learning Center SmartTutor - Logic

Boolean algebra - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Boolean Logic

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2025 - College Rankings, 5 ups and 5 downs bjcheung77 0 86 09-25-2024, 11:20 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Beginners Guide To Getting Cheap/Fast College Credit bjcheung77 17 173,536 09-16-2024, 07:29 PM
  Freshman College Comp w/essay mom2school 13 2,795 09-14-2024, 07:37 AM
Last Post: upgradelately
  Seeking interviewees with non-accredited/non-traditional degrees for Ohio State Study mitchell1857 0 155 09-10-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: mitchell1857
  Large study of over 10,000 participants showed the top 5 careers for millionaires LevelUP 7 501 08-31-2024, 12:53 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Self-paced online college without essay? Nickinspace 18 2,101 08-27-2024, 07:19 AM
Last Post: wow
  'Duped': Students of UA's new online college can't get jobs, say school misled them o smartdegree 12 1,374 07-31-2024, 08:17 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Decide your path of study... bjcheung77 2 256 07-25-2024, 02:11 AM
Last Post: nyvrem
  Free College Hack - Italian or Hungarian Ancestry nykorn 7 636 07-23-2024, 05:30 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
  College or university isn't what it's cracked up to be... bjcheung77 3 456 07-14-2024, 10:58 AM