Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
THANKS and ENCOURAGEMENT
I have been a "lurker" on this forum for 6 years now. Rarely have I ever posted and sadly one of the few posts I got involved in was more combative than it was useful. I regret not being more involved but it is what it is.

Today, I want to say THANKS!!! Thanks to everyone that has made this forum such a great place. Thanks to those who are willing to post new information and answer so many questions. You have no idea how many people you have helped and how much you have helped those people. One of the things I have loved the most about this forum is how quick people will rally around someone who is struggling or ready to quit. The encouraging words have often been the difference in making it to the finish line or not.

It is a reflective day for me...6 years ago today I had no degrees and very little faith that I would ever get one. Here I am 6 years later and I have finished two associate degrees, a bachelors, and just submitted my last two papers for my masters. I have also attended 15+ leadership and Christian conferences and completed a couple certificates. I owe a significant amount of that success to this forum and the great people that make it what is is. Did I say THANKS yet?

TTTTTTTTTTTTTHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To those of you who are just getting started, just a little ways down the road, or right in the middle and fighting to make it...YOU CAN!!! Don't give up! Don't give up! There are going to be days, weeks, and sometimes months and even years where it will fill like you wont make it. Its OK...You can still make it. I had 3 long stretches where I wan't able to take classes at all. I got down and was mad. I only had to get back on here for a little while to get over my disappointment and pick myself up and get back at it.

Sometimes you have setbacks. Its OK...You can still make it. I had a couple of setbacks that were my fault and weren't as much my fault. No reason to dwell on what happened and who is to blame. You learn and you move on. You get up and you get back in the fight and you don't give up!

YOU CAN MAKE IT!!! DON'T GIVE UP!!! YOU CAN MAKE IT!!! DON'T GIVE UP!!! YOU CAN MAKE IT!!! DON'T GIVE UP!!! YOU CAN MAKE IT!!! DON'T GIVE UP!!!

May each of you have a wonderful and merry holiday season...May you enjoy family and time off (if you can)...May you all continue to chase your dreams and never give up!!!
[SIZE="1"]Liberty University
MA in Theological Studies

Thomas Edison State College
BA in Liberal Studies

Northern Virginia Community College
AAS in Information Systems Technology

Sandhills Community College
Associate in General Education

Duke University
Certificate: Nonprofit Management

Princeton Theological Seminary
Certificate: Media Savvy Pastor

A+, Network+, MCSE, CCNA[/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]PASSED:[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Social Sciences and History
CLEP Humanities
CLEP Natural Sciences
CLEP Mathematics
DSST Introduction to Business
CLEP Principles of Management
CLEP Info Systems and Comp App
DSST Management Information Systems
ECE Organizational Behavior
ECE Human Resources Management
ECE Ethics: Theory & Practice
CLEP Analyzing and Interpreting Literature
CLEP Intro to Sociology
DSST Environment and Humanity: The Race to Save the Planet
DSST Astronomy
DSST Intro to World Religions
CLEP Freshman College Composition w/Essay[/SIZE]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  StraighterLine Algebra tips, comments encouragement? :) HarleyMan 5 1,136 06-26-2011, 10:27 AM
Last Post: alleycat
  Encouragement for 2 tests greatwall 13 2,228 01-05-2010, 04:46 PM
Last Post: greatwall
  Encouragement For Newbies & Oldies Like Me! marianne202 12 1,883 05-03-2009, 12:57 PM
Last Post: P00057870
  New here, looking for guidance/encouragement DocChao 3 1,081 11-27-2007, 11:10 PM
Last Post: barcotta
  I Need Words Of Advice And Encouragement RBOWMAN 10 2,832 04-05-2006, 08:16 PM
Last Post: libartsmgr