Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU has stopped offering a BA in Computer Science?
Sad 
Just checked and now it's listed as a Liberal Arts degree with a concentration in Computer Science.

https://www.tesu.edu/heavin/ba/computer-science
It's just a software bug- go to the BA in Liberal Studies Computer Science concentration and click on that- you'll see the BA in CS: https://www.tesu.edu/heavin/ba/computer-science1
I am not so sure. There never was a concentration in CS before. The fact that the old BA in CS still comes up under the Liberal Studies tab might be the bug.
Looks like they've updated their website (the degrees portion), but it could be a problem that they're still working on, one way or another. I would wait a few days before panicking.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Now it reads like a concentration. No calc requirement, very limited choice of CS electives. No discrete math requirement.. No math at all beyond the minimal requirement for Liberal Studies that I can see. Anyone who wants to get an actual BACS needs to call in ASAP and try to get enrolled under the current catalog before this becomes official, if it isn't already.

Quote:https://www.tesu.edu/heavin/ba/computer-science

Computer Science concentration

The concentration in Computer Science offered under the BA degree in Liberal Studies is an 18-credit program that focuses on programming language, architecture and data structure. Students who complete this concentration earn an Undergraduate Certificate in Computer Science.

Learning Outcomes
  • Analyze and solve computer problems
  • Demonstrate knowledge in at least two programming languages
  • Solve problems using discrete mathematics, differential and integral calculus, probability and statistics
  • Apply the principles of software design to solve practical problems
  • Demonstrate knowledge of emerging technologies and their societal impacts related to computing

BA in Liberal Studies: Computer Science Concentration

Concentration Requirements               Credits
Computer Programming Language             3
COS-330 Computer Architecture                3
COS-241 Data Structures                          3

Select 9 credits from the following:
COS-451 Artificial Intelligence
COS-231 Assembly Language
Computer Programming Languages
Database Design
Numerical Analysis
COS-352 Operating Systems Simulation      
Total                                                      18 Credits
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
Crap, that changes things . . . again . . .

It's not just computer science. The same change was made for Psychology and Criminal Justice.

Wait a minute. It looks like this may be a site issue. I now see what Yenisei was mentioning. I'm going to see how this works out.
TESU - BSBA: CIS - Dec '17

TECEP Eng Comp I, Marriage and Family, Strategic Management, Networking, Computer Concepts, Liberal Math, Tech Writing, Managerial Accounting DSST MIS, Cybersecurity Study.com Macroeconomics COSC Cornerstone, Software Engineering Straighterline Business Ethics

Next:
  Related classes at local CC and various Cybersecurity certifications.

Old username:  ajs1976
Might have to look into the CS degree at WGU more seriously. No idea why TESU would shoot themselves in the foot this way. Their CS degree was one of the most marketable, imo. Together with the age waiver going the way of the dodo, TESU not our first choice any more. Bummer.
WGU's CS degree has more depth than TESU's, so is recommended for someone looking to become a programmer. I'm not looking to become a programmer, so TESU's CS degree is fine for me.

EDIT: Even if CS has been relegated to a mere concentration in the BALA, you can still take additional CS and math (Calculus I-II, Linear Algebra and Discrete Math) as electives.
They have two sections for degrees: "online degrees" which you can complete completely through TESU, and "what you can study" which includes degrees that you need to transfer credit from elsewhere, like Psych. Psych is still there. Not sure about CS.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
(04-22-2018, 12:53 PM)jsd Wrote: They have two sections for degrees: "online degrees" which you can complete completely through TESU, and "what you can study" which includes degrees that you need to transfer credit from elsewhere, like Psych. Psych is still there. Not sure about CS.

Right now going through the "what you can study" link for CS takes you to the concentration, unlike the psychology link which goes to the actual BA Psych. Hopefully, we'll find that this is a website mistake as they just got done tightening up the BACS requirements. However anyone who's counting on the BACS should call in tomorrow and get it clarified, and maybe needs to try and get enrolled.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 4,474 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 4,042 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,776 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 4,083 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 3,142 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,619 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,882 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,592 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,789 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 3,170 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore