Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU and the NJ transfer agreement
After seeing a few people discussing where they were going to stay for graduation it occurred to me that many if you live outside of New Jersey and may not be aware of New Jersey's transfer agreement. If you get a degree in New Jersey it will be recognized by any other school in the state. Classes have equivalents it must be excepted by the other schools in the state . I feel like I am explaining this poorly. For example, I have an associates degree from Brookdale community college in New Jersey so when I applied to TESU I automatically got those first 60 credits waived. At Brookdale I just had to have one lab science, but at Thomas Edison I was supposed to have four credits of science But this is waived because I have completed my associates degree from another college with in the state. This stemmed from issues people were having transferring from their community college to their four year state school and having to make up different requirements and not having all of their credit excepted. You can read it here
http://www.state.nj.us/highereducation/P...tOct08.pdf
Also if you want to transfer any class from one of New Jersey's two year schools to one of New Jersey's four year schools you can look up it's exact equivalent at Njtransfer.com
Kgaul Wrote:After seeing a few people discussing where they were going to stay for graduation it occurred to me that many if you live outside of New Jersey and may not be aware of New Jersey's transfer agreement. If you get a degree in New Jersey it will be recognized by any other school in the state. Classes have equivalents it must be excepted by the other schools in the state . I feel like I am explaining this poorly. For example, I have an associates degree from Brookdale community college in New Jersey so when I applied to TESU I automatically got those first 60 credits waived. At Brookdale I just had to have one lab science, but at Thomas Edison I was supposed to have four credits of science But this is waived because I have completed my associates degree from another college with in the state. This stemmed from issues people were having transferring from their community college to their four year state school and having to make up different requirements and not having all of their credit excepted. You can read it here
http://www.state.nj.us/highereducation/P...tOct08.pdf

Hi Kgaul, this is great info! Connecticut has the same transfer and Articulation Agreement i.e, Charter Oaks College
http://www.ct.edu/files/pdfs/BOR-transfe...eement.pdf

I would hope that all states have this same arrangement since a community college education (for Gen Eds especially) should not be different from a university education.
TESU Commencement - Saturday, September 23, 2017!

Goal: TESU, BSBA General Management by September 2017
68/120 credits completed
In Progress This Month
Prin of Mgmt, Org Behavior, Bus Law, Prin of Fin (DSST)

November 2016
TESU Info Session (waived app fee + free breakfast)
Previous B&M - 45 cr. transferred
March 2017
Aleks - Intermediate Alg, College Alg, Intro to Stats
Institutes - Ethics
Guardian Scholarship Awarded 3/23/17
April 2017
Study.com - Personal Finance, Digital Marketing & Advertising
May 2017
World Religions, Pr. of Marketing
We've discussed it here before. It's only useful if you've earned an associates from a NJ community college. It doesn't apply to a degree (even an associates) from a 4-year school.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
Kgaul Wrote:Also if you want to transfer any class from one of New Jersey's two year schools to one of New Jersey's four year schools you can look up it's exact equivalent at Njtransfer.com

Last time I looked, TESU didn't have anything listed.
Goal: BSBA in Accounting through TESU, 150 credits, Credits so far: 137/150
Received: A.S. in Business Administration, Aug. 2016

Tests taken so far:
Cleps: Psychology (73), College Composition Modular (65), Social Science and History (67), Humanities (59), Marketing (72), Analyzing and Interpreting  Literature (77)
TECEP: Strategic Management Capstone (72)
Aleks: Statistics (71!)
Davar: International Management (82), Intro to Computing (80), American Government (79), Managerial Communications (70)
Study.com: Personal Finance (92), Human Growth and Development (84), Social Psychology (88) Human Resources Management (86)
The Institutes: (76)
Online Accounting Classes: Columbia College: Advanced Accounting, Tax II, TESU: Audit

Up ahead:
Study.com:  Costing, ?
Saylor: Intro to political Science?, Management Info. Systems?
TEEX
One of the things you have to look at, is that the CC's in a state will work with the 4-yr colleges there to make the requirements for the CC AA/AS closely match the first 60cr needed in a degree at the 4-yr college. So when you look, yes, you will see a few minor instances here and there where they don't match perfectly. But in general, the CC had to make their AA/AS degrees acceptable to the 4-yr college to begin with - otherwise, the 4-yr colleges would have put up a stink and fought this tooth and nail.

CA has similar articulation agreements - and even separate ones for the CC-to-CSU system, the CC-to-UC system, and then private colleges have their own between local CC's. They have a very specific list of courses they will accept, but it's very easy to meet the requirements as they lay it out VERY clearly. We also have automatic acceptance at the CSU-system schools if you get your transfer requirements completed at a local CC. So, if my daughter gets her transfer requirements at our local CC (Palomar) and maintains a certain GPA (maybe 2.5 or even 2.0), she is automatically accepted at CSU-San Marcos. And, if she wants a degree that CSUSM doesn't have, then she's automatically accepted at San Diego State University. Different colleges have auto-acceptance at different schools, but in general, it's the closest one to the CC. It's a good system that works well, because you can plan out your degree right online, easily, and make sure you get all of not only your transfer requirements, but any other requirements that you want to get at the CC due to cost (you can transfer in more than 60cr).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 4,460 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 4,028 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,761 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 4,072 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 3,123 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,606 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,872 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,583 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,780 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 3,157 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore