Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Only 9 SH left
Register on the site, this gives you access to the study materials. When you're ready for the exam pay the fee and schedule with the proctor. Once you pass fill out the online form to request a transcript.
Passed the Money & Banking DSST today. Also completed the study.com Digital Marketing final exam and project, just waiting for my grade.

With only the capstone left and not being able to take it until May for a September graduation has me thinking maybe I should try for a dual concentration. I think it'd only be 2 or 3 additional exams to do CIS.

Part of me just want to be done.
JamesIE Wrote:Passed the Money & Banking DSST today. Also completed the study.com Digital Marketing final exam and project, just waiting for my grade.

With only the capstone left and not being able to take it until May for a September graduation has me thinking maybe I should try for a dual concentration. I think it'd only be 2 or 3 additional exams to do CIS.

Part of me just want to be done.

You have to have an additional 18cr, with 12cr being UL to get a second BSBA concentration.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I've lots of 'extra' SH at the moment so it wouldn't be 18 remaining.

I asked advising and they worked up an evaluation.

For CIS I'd need:

A: Programming 3 SH
B: Systs Analy/Dsgn 3SH
Intellectual and Practical Skills Electives 3 SH (This had been filled by CMP-354 Network Technology on the BSBA Gen. Management, but got moved to the AoS leaving a whole)

For General Management I'd need:

B: GMS Elective Area (CIS courses are not allowed in the AoS when pursuing a dual (CIS) concentration, I had CIS-301 Management Information Systems in the AoS leaving a 3SH whole )

That leaves 12 SH plus the TECEP for Strategic Management vs. only the TECEP for Strategic Management for General Management only. Not sure it's worth it. banghead

It's a shame I couldn't fill the Intellectual and Practical Skills Elective with one of the twenty or so 'Other Courses' already on my transcript.
JamesIE Wrote:A: Programming 3 SH
B: Systs Analy/Dsgn 3SH
Intellectual and Practical Skills Electives 3 SH (This had been filled by CMP-354 Network Technology on the BSBA Gen. Management, but got moved to the AoS leaving a whole)

B: GMS Elective Area (CIS courses are not allowed in the AoS when pursuing a dual (CIS) concentration, I had CIS-301 Management Information Systems in the AoS leaving a 3SH whole )

That leaves 12 SH plus the TECEP for Strategic Management vs. only the TECEP for Strategic Management for General Management only. Not sure it's worth it. banghead

It's a shame I couldn't fill the Intellectual and Practical Skills Elective with one of the twenty or so 'Other Courses' already on my transcript.

Is this an older catalog? If so, there are a bunch of IPS Electives - Public Speaking, Public Relations, Managerial Comm, Business Comm, CIS-107, MIS-301 (if not using in CIS AOS), COS-101, a math course, Kaplan PLA, etc. Pretty easy to find those courses (I'd probably do Saylor's Business Comm, Prin of Human Comm, or one of the LL Computer courses there).

Programming can be done with SL's C++ course, Systems Analysis & Design through CSU-Global, and tons of GM choices.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
JamesIE Wrote:It's going really quick. More than 50% through the quizzes in about 2 hours, while watching TV and entertaining a toddler.

Seems a shame to only do one study.com course after paying for the month.

I'd take the second course anyways but maybe that's just me Smile
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
dfrecore Wrote:Is this an older catalog?.

Yes. 2015

It's the BSBA CIS side I'd be short the IPS, I've got MIS 301 in the AoS. I guess the Human Communications would be easy enough.

On the Gen. Management side I'd need another Man., Fin, Act, Marketing, etc.
Synicaal Wrote:I'd take the second course anyways but maybe that's just me Smile

I was looking at their catalog again yesterday, Advanced Operations Management doesn't look too bad. Only a single paper. Not sure what it transfers to TESU as. I'll ask advising.
JamesIE Wrote:I was looking at their catalog again yesterday, Advanced Operations Management doesn't look too bad. Only a single paper. Not sure what it transfers to TESU as. I'll ask advising.

It comes in as MAN-435 Project Management. It's on Study.com's website.

Edit: totally wrong, it's OPM-301 Operations Management. Sorry!
Advising has said it'll come in as OPM-301, Operations Management

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 4,460 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 4,028 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,761 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 4,072 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 3,123 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,606 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,872 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,583 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,780 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 3,157 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore