Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Bachelors Degree (REL, HIS, PSY, ENG) Assistance Request
(01-04-2018, 11:14 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: My advice would be doing a BA in this order of ease, English, History/Psychology, Religion.  If you really would like a degree in Religion, you can get the Nationally Accredited Bachelors degree from Nations U and work on their Masters afterward.  I suggest the BA English as you can get the majority of the credits from Shmoop for cheap/easy/fast.  

History/Psychology is a workable plan as well, most of the courses can be found, but Religion is the hardest one to find and most expensive probably "slower" as you would need to take the course vs testing out.  You can get a RA - BA English and an NA BRS (Bachelors of Religious Studies) and their MTS (Master of Theological Studies), courses can be easy/fast and really cheap.

Update:  If you're going for a degree in Religion, the time and effort placed into it, you could do the BA English, BRS and MTS.  As you need to take the courses for Religion in a semester-based system, you're set to finish in say 2-3 years.  You can finish all three degrees by testing out the BA and completing the competency modules for the BRS/MTS (I think there are proctored exams as well).

Thank you, I will modify my degree plan template for English.  Once I have that figured out and started, I will re-look at the Religion degree later. I'll check out Shmoop since I'm not familiar with them. 

Appreciate your time very much.

(01-04-2018, 09:10 AM)rlw74 Wrote: I don't know if it matters if its NA or RA in your particular company and I would ALWAYS encourage RA over any other kind of degree because you don't know what the future holds. However, you mentioned leaving AMU for financial reasons. If NA is an option, NationsU is NA accredited and had a flat rate of $960 a year.  You can take as many courses as you want in that year. They just upped the tuition to around $1400 a year I believe. All their degrees are religion based. They will take transfer credit. However you can't take NA courses and get them transferred over to an RA school (except Liberty University). TESU won't take their credits.  I just don't know what your career plans/company wants as that affects what kind of degree you need.

Personally, if you are going to TESU (which would be my first choice) I would opt for an English degree. You can Shmoop almost all your courses and just take one BYU non-western Lit course. It would be the cheapest RA degree out of the ones you listed.

I am in the fed gov't and some of the managers can be very snobbish about degrees (if you are from Georgetown University you are golden and part of the "in" crowd). But, it all depends on the manager at a particular time. I can work my rear end off and be their top person; but if I don't have that degree it's one more excuse not to give me a promotion. I want to remove the excuse (although I had several Managers who said that didn't matter since when I came in many moons ago, they used my military years and experience in lieu of a degree (per regulation). However, I am finding some Managers recently are using it as an excuse despite my Performance Appraisals rating me as their "top performer" in the entire office/division/shop. It's been the same experience / comments over the past 5+ years so I am trying to move forward with having a degree. I will never have a Georgetown University degree; but I have military experience/time and an outstanding track record of putting in timely and quality work. I've put my degree on hold several times for military deployments, 9/11 crisis (shift work), pregnancies, single parenting while husband deployed, PCSing/moves, and I am going to knuckle down and remove my own excuses from sidetracking me. My biggest excuse now is money, so I rather do the most efficient (cost/time) degree for this point in my life. 

Sorry, sounds a bit like a soap box...  Undecided
BA, Religion, AMU, 2019, Summa Cum Laude & Class Speaker
AA, General Ed., AMU, 2016

RA: Northern Virginia CC; St. Leo Univ.

Alt Credit:
Sophia: Developing Effective Teams
TEEX: Cyber Security for Everyone; Cyber Security for IT Professionals
SL: Intro. to Religion (the class 1 transferred to AMU-wish I had known sooner)

Angel 
Unlisted USArmy and Fed govt prof credentials

Messages In This Thread
RE: TESU Bachelors Degree (REL, HIS, PSY, ENG) Assistance Request - by warriortaupou - 01-04-2018, 11:48 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 4,471 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 4,035 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  What do i Do if an application asks for GPA with a degree from the Big 3? Crt 5 3,523 09-19-2018, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Johmford
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,766 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 4,080 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 3,137 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,617 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,878 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,589 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,784 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic