Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU BA in International Studies? Experiences?
(08-14-2024, 02:51 PM)davewill Wrote: A number of TESU degrees assume you are transferring in a significant number of courses, so TESU itself doesn't necessarily have all the courses you need for them. A good example is the Bachelor's in Foreign Language, where most of the Area of Study is marked "TRSFR REQ". At first it seems silly, but if you were in the military and went to their language school, or you dropped out of a French Poetry program, you might have a lot of that covered.

We also know that there are ways to earn a significant number of foreign language credits by examination.

In the case of international studies, it's not as clear whether you can get all of the degree requirements at TESU, and of course, we rarely recommend someone do that anyway.

The Foreign Language degree is a really interesting option. Besides a local community college (or university), what are the most convenient/expedient sources for needed credits?
Working towards:
  • BS Business @ Excelsior
Exams/Courses Taken (99 Credits)
  • CLEP (36) - English Comp, Natural Science, College Math, Principles of Mgmt, Intro Marketing, Intro Sociology, Analyzing & Interpreting Lit, Intro to Educational Psychology, Human Growth & Dev 
  • DSST (12) - Principles of Supervision, Intro to Business, Human Resources Mgmt, Organizational Behavior
  • Sophia Learning (51) - Developing Effective Teams, Student Success, Essentials of Managing Conflict, Conflict Resolution, Intro to Ethics, Visual Communication, Intro to Psychology, Public Speaking, Intro to Info Tech, Accounting, Statistics, Algebra, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Communication at Work, Principles of Finance, Business Law, US History 1&2
  • Study.com - Coming soon...
ACTFL exams via LTI
https://www.languagetesting.com/certific...nformation

Credit listing to see possibilities
https://www.acenet.edu/National-Guide/Pa...Active%22)
Completed: HAU MBA | BA Economics (US) | Finland Open Studies @ XAMK/Metropolia/Helsinki/Laurea
Certs Completed: Scrum CSPO/CSM | Google PM/Data Analytics/Marketing
(08-15-2024, 07:13 AM)jg_nuy Wrote: ACTFL exams via LTI
https://www.languagetesting.com/certific...nformation

Credit listing to see possibilities
https://www.acenet.edu/National-Guide/Pa...Active%22)

Okay, I didnt know ACTFL was worth credit.
Working towards:
  • CLEP (36) - English Comp, Natural Science, College Math, Principles of Mgmt, Intro Marketing, Intro Sociology, Analyzing & Interpreting Lit, Intro to Educational Psychology, Human Growth & Dev 
  • DSST (12) - Principles of Supervision, Intro to Business, Human Resources Mgmt, Organizational Behavior
  • Sophia Learning (51) - Developing Effective Teams, Student Success, Essentials of Managing Conflict, Conflict Resolution, Intro to Ethics, Visual Communication, Intro to Psychology, Public Speaking, Intro to Info Tech, Accounting, Statistics, Algebra, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Communication at Work, Principles of Finance, Business Law, US History 1&2
Hmm, you really need to decide - Excelsior, TESU, or UMPI. If you have the energy/time now, UMPI is your best option. Excelsior you need at least 7 credits, it'll take 2 - 8 week terms. TESU you need 6 credits and pay the residency waiver, or take 15 credits, in 12 week term. UMPI you can take 30 in one session (many people are able to complete this, even though there are more classes to take, the entire work is much easier/faster than the capstone alone at Excelsior or TESU).
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(08-16-2024, 11:48 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Hmm, you really need to decide - Excelsior, TESU, or UMPI.  If you have the energy/time now, UMPI is your best option.  Excelsior you need at least 7 credits, it'll take 2 - 8 week terms.  TESU you need 6 credits and pay the residency waiver, or take 15 credits, in 12 week term.  UMPI you can take 30 in one session (many people are able to complete this, even though there are more classes to take, the entire work is much easier/faster than the capstone alone at Excelsior or TESU).

"the entire work is much easier/faster than the capstone alone at Excelsior or TESU"

I've seen this said but don't understand how it could possibly be true. How could one project be moredifficult than 10 courses? What exactly is so hard? I've not really seen specific details about what makes this so (if it's so).
Working towards:
Basically, in short... The amount of discussions, writing in the capstone alone is much more than the 10 classes combined...
Here's a post of mine plus the two links: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid417074
This individual did 20 classes in 1 session of 8 weeks: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...-this-term

(08-17-2024, 02:20 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Basically, in short... The amount of discussions, writing in the capstone alone is much more than the 10 classes combined...
Here's a post of mine plus the two links: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid417074
This individual did 20 classes in 1 session of 8 weeks: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...-this-term

Thanks. I'll check out the links this afternoon.

But what are the discussion/writing requirements, approximately?
Working towards:
For more info... Please read the numerous threads and WIKI in regards to the TESU Capstone.

(08-17-2024, 11:22 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: For more info... Please read the numerous threads and WIKI in regards to the TESU Capstone.

The Excelsior capstone is what interests me, and there's not enough new info about them anymore. That's why I'm asking directly.

I posted some simple questions about Excelsior, specifically the BS in Business, and not a single person answered. That's how hard it is to get Excelsior help around here nowadays. And that was after searching extensively for answers but not really knowing if the little info I found was even correct anymore.

Eventually the info on this forum about Excelsior will be woefully outdated and inaccurate, if no new answers are given or reaffirmed, as we all know how often these schools change policies, requirements, etc.

So if you have knowledge of what, exactly or approximately, the Excelsior capstone entails, then why not just share it here?
Working towards:
Not many people attend Excelsior, for many who went the TESU route, they did so around the same time as I did, when the TECEP for the capstone was available... I recall a few members completing the BSLA from Excelsior, but don't recall they mentioning or reviewing the capstone class. Technically, the requirements are very similar to what TESU's capstone requirements are...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Google Cloud Data Analytics- UL credits for TESU charfife 4 371 10 hours ago
Last Post: CenterSquarEd
  2024 TESU Commencement - October 5th jch 1 306 09-12-2024, 10:13 PM
Last Post: Vin
  Where can I find course “BUS 210 Quantitative Skills for Business” outside TESU to lucillegyl 9 1,023 09-11-2024, 11:08 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  SDC and TESU American Gov't bigrivergroup 31 4,764 09-06-2024, 02:45 PM
Last Post: drp16
  BA Liberal Studies Capstone sashaeliot38@gmail.com 14 1,104 09-06-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Does TESU take Saylor Software Engineering as UL or LL? Jwheels27 6 357 09-01-2024, 04:44 PM
Last Post: azmusic
  Do WGU Credits Count as RA at TESU? latearrival 3 310 08-26-2024, 06:21 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Sophia Public Speaking for TESU Oral Communication Gen Ed wow 2 245 08-23-2024, 11:33 AM
Last Post: wow
  Find out how RA credit transfers to TESU natshar 40 44,342 08-20-2024, 11:35 AM
  Classes at TESU tcompy 1 239 08-19-2024, 03:06 PM