Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with Business Law 1 (CLEP)
Hey guys!

I'm going to be taking the Business Law 1 CLEP and I was looking for some input as to what I should expect to find on the test. I've been studying a little from the IC flashcards but it seems like so much material to absorb Sad ....

Is there any guide out there that can break down things for me? Such as... the most important points to know for the test? I'm not necessarily concerned with getting a high grade, just a passing one! Any input will be appreciated!

I found this online somewhere.... would this be a good guide to follow? Would you say that provided that i study the terms/knows the material on this guide I should pass?
RapidShare: 1-Click Webhosting
^ it's a pdf page.. couldn't think of another way to post it.

I would greatly appreciate any help.
Thanks

(I tried to look thru the board before posting and couldn't really find any other posts about this but if i'm wrong feel free to delete it or link me to the right place. thanks)
monkeygirl Wrote:(I tried to look thru the board before posting and couldn't really find any other posts about this but if i'm wrong feel free to delete it or link me to the right place. thanks)

Hi monkeygirl (hey...you're not related to Michael are you??? :p )

If you read the posts in the specific feedback section, you should find a lot of good information, especially snazzlefrag's post. Here is the direct link: http://www.instantcertonline.com/forums/...-clep.html

Good luck with the exam, and let us know how you do!

Take care,
JoAnne Smile
Kiwi Lover Wrote:Hi monkeygirl (hey...you're not related to Michael are you??? :p )

If you read the posts in the specific feedback section, you should find a lot of good information, especially snazzlefrag's post. Here is the direct link: http://www.instantcertonline.com/forums/...-clep.html

Good luck with the exam, and let us know how you do!

Take care,
JoAnne Smile

nope, no relation! i assume he's monkeyboy or something like that? hilarious

mmm thank you very much! I read through it and there's a ton of useful info! did that go up recently? i didn't see it a couple of hours ago. either way... thanks a lot!
Hey Monkeygirl,

I took this test the other day and studied using Instacert alone and it seemed to cover the version of the exam I took very well.
Another thing that helped was watching some of the law based television shows or court TV which made some of the study material a little clearer, (just a suggestion). Also look over the DSST Ethics in America section on the course list because I do remember about 5 questions on ethics in the test. I happen to take the Ethics exam just before Law which I think helped me a lot. I hope this helps and if I can remember anything else I'll reply again.

I think you will do very well on this test and good luck.

Mike
The REA guide "Business Law 1" was an excellent quick read that did the job nicely. Never did IC with that one, but scored very well... upper 60's. Although living for a while may have helped me some.. have to admit I studied the Barrons's Business Review series book on the same subject as well. I was interesteted in the subject but spent no more than 10 days studying--not no just pass, but to learn. Alright, I tended to overstudy...my first line was the best..GOOD LUCK!
I took Business Law yesterday and scored a 60. This is my lowest score so far (tied with US Govt that was my second test). But a pass is a pass as Shoto says. There must have been 15 questions on promising to pay someone's debt (or you own) and if it was in writing or orally. IC didn't cover this with their normal flashcards and I would try and find the answer to this. If you have my version of the test knowing this will be very helpful. IC might have covered it with their scenario questions but I didn't have time to go through those.

I know there is a lot of things to know with IC but if you know everything in IC you will pass. Take your time when you go through the sections and when you are done just flash through all the sections again to refresh yourself. Good luck and let us know how you did.
Dawn
Taking the Road Less Traveled
The Journey of A Thousand Miles Starts with The First CLEP

BS-Psychology - Excelsior College
Enrolled in the School of Business, BS in Accounting
After MIS I'll be halfway there!
72 CLEP Credits, 21 DSST Credits, 25 ECE Credits (Including Inf Lit), 6 TESC Credits, 2 FEMA Credits = 126 Total
Withholding 6 Credits for Accounting = 120 for Psychology
12 credits completed toward my accounting degree

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Coming Soon: Free Diploma of HE in Tourism & Service Business Management (XAMK) sarahmac 2 1,482 05-27-2024, 11:28 AM
Last Post: mdn
  English 2 CLEP Jennr2z 8 1,881 05-18-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Spyrine
  U.S. News will rank distance learning programs in business, IT and other fields LevelUP 1 455 01-25-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Business Insider/MSN - College, Grad, Money Articles bjcheung77 4 634 08-17-2023, 11:07 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  AP, CLEP, IB, vs others - Comparison/Example bjcheung77 0 692 08-11-2023, 12:12 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  University of Northern Alabama Competency Business Degree natshar 6 908 07-19-2023, 04:35 AM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Calling all Excelsior business students! shoron 1 618 01-23-2023, 07:39 PM
  AP, CLEP, etc - Credit Banking on Credly bjcheung77 2 2,224 09-02-2022, 12:16 PM
Last Post: vintage_jacket
  combine CLEP & ACTFL? defmo 5 1,072 08-05-2022, 08:58 PM
  GetEducated.com Major Update (business degrees) freeloader 1 883 04-06-2022, 02:36 PM
Last Post: Vle045