Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TECEP Lib arts math
Is it possible to take a TECEP before applying or enrolling with TESU? Is the fee higher than for enrolled students? Are these pass/fail? It seems from reading here that the Lib arts math is fairly easy. Would it be easier than the DSST by the same name, you think.
https://www.tesu.edu/degree-completion/Testing.cfm

Towards the bottom "You can register for a TECEP exam whether or not you are enrolled at Thomas Edison State University. "

I don't see any other details, but I would start there.

I thought it was fairly easy. I had higher level match years ago and used the Syllabus and a cliffnotes review guide.
TESU - BSBA: CIS - Dec '17

TECEP Eng Comp I, Marriage and Family, Strategic Management, Networking, Computer Concepts, Liberal Math, Tech Writing, Managerial Accounting DSST MIS, Cybersecurity Study.com Macroeconomics COSC Cornerstone, Software Engineering Straighterline Business Ethics

Next:
  Related classes at local CC and various Cybersecurity certifications.

Old username:  ajs1976
Yes, it is possible to take a TECEP without enrolling. The fee is a little bit higher. These are pass/fail. The great thing about TECEP's is that the pass percentage is 60%. My standard pass level on exams without studying is normally in the mid-60s to mid-70s. This makes the TECEP's easier than almost any other test out option. I took the DSST by the same name and found it to be on the easier side. I did not take the TECEP, so I can't compare.
(01-01-2018, 08:17 PM)eriehiker Wrote: Yes, it is possible to take a TECEP without enrolling.  The fee is a little bit higher.  These are pass/fail.  The great thing about TECEP's is that the pass percentage is 60%.  My standard pass level on exams without studying is normally in the mid-60s to mid-70s.  This makes the TECEP's easier than almost any other test out option.  I took the DSST by the same name and found it to be on the easier side.  I did not take the TECEP, so I can't compare.

Actually, this is not true.  Some TECEP's are 60%, some are 65% and some are 70%.  This one in particular is 70%.

(01-01-2018, 08:11 PM)homeschoolmom1 Wrote: Is it possible to take a TECEP before applying or enrolling with TESU? Is the fee higher than for enrolled students? Are these pass/fail? It seems from reading here that the Lib arts math is fairly easy. Would it be easier than the DSST by the same name, you think.

You can take a TECEP as a non-matriculated student for $159.  As an enrolled student, it would be $117.

I took this TECEP, and thought it was crazy easy.  But I had already gone through ALEKS Beginning and Intermediate Algebra, so that was helpful preparation.

Also, it's impossible to compare 2 different testing methods, since 99% of people won't take the same test at 2 different places.  I took the TECEP, it counts the same as the DSST, so why would I take the DSST?  Only if I didn't pass I suppose.  Your best bet is to look at the testing guides for each exam and compare those to see what the emphasis is on in each area.  No really good way to compare other than that, I don't think.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Thanks for the correction, dfrecore. I stand corrected.
Thanks both of you!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Affordable Math degree for non-US (international) citizen OtterDen 22 1,587 07-17-2024, 09:36 PM
Last Post: OtterDen
  Reasonably priced upper-division RA math courses Ivo Lah 5 576 06-18-2024, 11:20 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Cheapest Dual Enrollment For Advanced Math the_epic_man 3 637 01-11-2024, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Yenisei
  CSM Math - what's it like? CircleT7 25 3,115 11-14-2023, 09:58 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TECEP Environmental Ethics dbwdb 1 807 11-01-2023, 11:15 PM
Last Post: SpeedDemon
  TECEP limits? oldguy4associate 4 651 10-24-2023, 04:19 PM
  Excelsior---Liberal Arts Degree midnite123 5 704 10-17-2023, 05:42 PM
Last Post: midnite123
  TECEP Advertising updates or recent feedback? seanmathews 5 916 10-09-2023, 11:36 AM
Last Post: Avidreader
  TECEP Operations Management colinsr 4 710 10-09-2023, 11:06 AM
  Arts Institute is no longer... And they all bite the dust... bjcheung77 1 498 10-02-2023, 08:44 PM
Last Post: ss20ts