Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com exams per month limit
bjcheung77 Wrote:Really?! I haven't taken any courses yet, but thought they provide an option for $70/extra exam
and you can do a few extra a month if you have the time/knowledge for it. I look forward to that!
Study.com - Please make sure that is an option, as that's a deal breaker for me if it's not! Thanks,

You get two exams per month for 200 but if you wait till last minute to do the exam, than you have to wait 30 days again.

You can buy additional exams for 70.
yb1 Wrote:You get two exams per month for 200 but if you wait till last minute to do the exam, than you have to wait 30 days again.

You can buy additional exams for 70.

what i am saying is, I need two classes left and my next exam is now on the cut off date. I need to put my exam in google calendar for the 19th of December I might finish my exam but be charged 200 extra. For some 200 isn't a lot of money but
If I'm going to get potentially get charged 200 bucks at the end of the month. I might as well take my exams now for 140 cancel my membership and call it a day.

That's another thing, I am almost certain that when you cancel your membership at study.com it automatically takes away your access, instead of saying I want to cancel by the end of my billing cycle . For example, if my billing date is the 10th of the month and I decide to cancel on the 15th. Instead of letting me finish out the rest of month I would no longer have access. (Does anyone know if this is true or not?)

A better alternative would be to automatically get your two exams at the start of the billing period.

This way I could take both my final exams tomorrow and be done.

When you cancel you retain access until your billing ends. I've tried it.
Aurelius Wrote:When you cancel you retain access until your billing ends. I've tried it.

I must not have read your original post, because I basically just restate what you said. I'm going to try canceling and see what happens. Thanks for clarifying.
dfrecore Wrote:... For your dental, you could always go to the dentist and say "don't run this through my insurance" and then your insurance company wouldn't even know. ...
That doesn't help with a cleaning every 4 months. You have them pay for one, then you pay for one, and they pay for the next... You can't ever have them pay for two in a row, and therefore they aren't paying for two a year, they're paying for maybe 1.5 cleanings a year. I finally solved it your way, by doing 4 cleanings a year, but I end up paying for more cleanings than I wanted to.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
I signed up for the year 50% off with study.com. I just found out about this silly exam every 30 days depending on when you take the first exam. Sad

What I realise now is that they make you wait for the second exam as well! I took an exam on Nov 26, and I logged in today (the 28th) and the dashboard says you can take an exam in 7 days! I thought it was 3 days after your last exam!

This is ruining my exam schedule. Is anyone else getting this not their second exam too?
frostedfire Wrote:I signed up for the year 50% off with study.com. I just found out about this silly exam every 30 days depending on when you take the first exam. Sad

What I realise now is that they make you wait for the second exam as well! I took an exam on Nov 26, and I logged in today (the 28th) and the dashboard says you can take an exam in 7 days! I thought it was 3 days after your last exam!

This is ruining my exam schedule. Is anyone else getting this not their second exam too?

The answer I got from Study.com is that You get a new exam 30days after you take an Exam. So I took my First Exam on November 3rd and Second Exam on November 17th. So I get 1 exam back to take on December 3rd and another exam back on December 17th. Luckily I am aiming to keep up this pace for at least this month so in the final month of my scholarship it wont matter if I need to hold of on an exam an extra week.

UPDATE: I was also told that due to me not being a PAYING SUB (I'm on Scholarship) that the exam re-up on a 30 day cycle and not on a billing cycle. Can someone confirm for me that is on a PAYING Cycle that its working like this for you too? I'm interested to know If the above part of my post is true for both Paying and Scholarship members.
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
Aurelius Wrote:Just a quick warning to those planning to use study.com for college accelerator credit. The $200 membership advertises 2 exams per month, but in reality you are restricted by a 30 day time limit. For example, my October subscription expired 11/14 and I took tests on 11/10 and 11/12. Now I cannot retake any tests until 12/10 and 12/12. If you're subscribing for multiple months this may eventually result in a month where you don't get 2 exams in.

I called study.com support and they said this is how it is supposed to work. If I wanted to take an exam earlier I would have to pay an additional exam fee even though I haven't taken any exams in this billing cycle. It's probably best if you alternate study.com months with other sources.

So, does this mean once you take an exam on that date (11/10, 11/12) you are locked in to those dates for the rest of your subscription?
This is very sneaky. They should make this clear when you sign up so you can schedule properly.
frostedfire Wrote:So, does this mean once you take an exam on that date (11/10, 11/12) you are locked in to those dates for the rest of your subscription?
This is very sneaky. They should make this clear when you sign up so you can schedule properly.

Yes pretty much, but we can be sneaky also. You can cancel your sub, skip a month then re sub. So you take your two tests 11/10, 11/12... Add to ACE. Cancel Sub at end of month(should still work on some quizzes). Then resub with two fresh exams, I think they will change this in the future because they seem to be getting a lot of backlash from this change!
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
Hi All-

We want to let you know your feedback on our exam scheduling has caused a lot of discussion in our office about possible solutions! Due to technical constraints, we landed on our current 30-day exam cycle without realizing how it would affect your scheduling. We apologize for the confusion and inconvenience.

We are now working on a change we plan to implement soon, and we hope it makes your planning easier!

Thank you for all your feedback,
The Study.com Team
Once again, there is an issue and Study.com is working on it. Very impressive.
We are all on the same side here, trying to better our lives....so let's get along and help each other out. 

Learn a trade. Gain technical skills. Make money, then use this money to get a degree...if you have the desire. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 69 45,490 09-24-2024, 06:41 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study.com College Saver - 30% off 3 months portals 42 7,615 09-24-2024, 06:32 PM
  Study.com History Courses lawqueen04 4 248 09-16-2024, 02:05 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
Lightbulb Study.com 5 Exam Limit per Month Clarification Jaymes 2 297 09-13-2024, 08:06 PM
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 399 497,706 09-12-2024, 07:04 PM
Last Post: wow
  Study.com non-proctored final exams Tsanchez123 6 648 08-30-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: wow
  Study.com renewal discount Tsanchez123 1 246 08-25-2024, 10:53 AM
  Proctored Exams Sophia/SL? SebasUSA2024 6 485 08-19-2024, 03:58 PM
Last Post: SebasUSA2024
  Which order should I take these Study.com Classes from easiest to most difficult? mohelena02 9 3,256 08-16-2024, 11:36 AM
  Study.com Exam, Accidentally Left Installer Open ExcellentPhoto 2 395 08-13-2024, 06:41 PM