Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com computer courses
Does anyone know how Intro to computing by study.com transfers to TESU? How about the info systems and computer applications? Presumably that duplicates the DSST? Thanks.
Business 109: Intro to Computing is TESU COS-101 : Introduction to Computers.
Business 104: Information Systems and Computer Applications is TESU CIS-102 : Intro to Computer Info Systems.

Here's the link to the transfer guidelines for TESU.
Thomas Edison State University
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits
Thanks a lot, very helpful.
I know I'm super late but definitely take both! I took the Intro to Computers course first and I was almost half way done the other course before even starting due to overlap. The second 3 credits will be super easy if you pass the first 3.
ndelcollo Wrote:I know I'm super late but definitely take both! I took the Intro to Computers course first and I was almost half way done the other course before even starting due to overlap. The second 3 credits will be super easy if you pass the first 3.

How was the first class? My 15 year old is about to take some courses via Study.com and I was wanting to give him an "easier" course along with the more challenging courses he's signing up for.
Here Researching for my son, who has done the following:
Community College: Intro to Philosophy, Fundamentals of IT, English Comp 1
Saylor: Intro to Business, Principles of  Marketing, Corporate Communication
Shmoop: US History 2 (WGU won't accept this)
ALEKS: Int. Algebra, College Algebra
Study.com: Personal Finance, Principles of Finance, HR Management, Global Business, Advanced Operations Management
Straighterline: US History 2, Environmental Science, US History, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, English Comp 2, Principles of Management, Business Law, Business Ethics, Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Accounting 1,Communication, Managerial Accounting, Statistics
Ed4Credit: Managing Information Systems
Sophia: Project Management
WGU: Bachelors in HR Management 

Second son is currently attending Penn Foster for his high school diploma, then on to Ashworth for An Associates in Criminal Justice
I did not do 109 (Intro to Computing,) but I did just complete 104 (Info Systems/Applications) and posted a review on the Study.com sub-forum.

Just an FYI, one of the chapters in 104 overlaps with Project Management (Business 311) which is why I went with 104 over 109.
MBA- WGU, in progress 2018
BSBA- TESU, Sep. 2017

Thanks for this link. Been away for a while and see that Study.com has an equivalent to principals of finances for TESU. I wonder if this is any easier than the one from PENN FOSTER.
It's certainly cheaper.

The three classes I've taken with Study.com have all been pretty simple.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
rowan555 Wrote:How was the first class? My 15-year-old is about to take some courses via Study.com and I was wanting to give him an "easier" course along with the more challenging courses he's signing up for.

Intro to Computers was very basic. Honestly, I would have passed the final without looking at anything in the course. A lot of the course covered the well-known things about computers. I would not say I'm a genius with computers but just using them for the past 15 years was enough to know a lot of the information.
I just saw that SL IT-Fundamentals comes in as CIS-107 Computer concepts and applications with TESU. Could I do this course in addition to the 2 that I asked about in the first post of this thread and none of them would duplicate? Thanks in advance.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Clackamas Courses - Online or Remote (set schedule) bjcheung77 7 1,545 6 hours ago
Last Post: eriehiker
  Large study of over 10,000 participants showed the top 5 careers for millionaires LevelUP 7 403 08-31-2024, 12:53 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 23 3,490 08-16-2024, 08:31 PM
Last Post: eyrobinson
  ASU 100 Million Learners - All graduate courses now available jg_nuy 52 9,141 08-11-2024, 10:33 PM
Last Post: Dheerajsyz
  Taking exams for online courses stats-time 4 331 08-04-2024, 02:46 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Decide your path of study... bjcheung77 2 226 07-25-2024, 02:11 AM
Last Post: nyvrem
  Spanish courses for Spanish degree rachel83az 19 2,293 07-24-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Closed Sophia Courses BritStudent 5 470 07-10-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Reasonably priced upper-division RA math courses Ivo Lah 5 549 06-18-2024, 11:20 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  ASU Universal Learner Courses vetvso 10 3,130 05-26-2024, 03:16 PM
Last Post: Avidreader