Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Straighterline... mad dash to dream of a BS college degree.
First off let me say thank you to all the "old timers" whose posts I took to heart and used as advice.

I'm just about half way to my BSBA in CIS at TESC thanks to a combination of ALEKS, ACE (credit for Networking/MS certs) and my friends at Straighterline. I didn't think I'd be able to find the time to complete a degree, let alone start a degree... but here I am, more than half way done.

I found out about straighter line about 8 weeks ago. It seemed like something too good to be true, so I laughed it off and closed my laptop and went to sleep. I decided to give it another look after I saw an ad for SL pop up while I was watching a youtube video (damn google reading my gmail and targeting me with ads).

Fast forward 6 weeks later, I've spent at least 80 hours a week reading going thru lesson plans and taking tests. I was already a accounting and history buff (who doesn't like the history channel and tax season?!) but I can honestly say, I never learned so much in so little time.

I spent about $1000 dollars total, on text books, straighterline, ALEKS, ACE transcripts and my admissions fees at TESC. The killer thing is once I mentioned what I was working on to my boss... he offered to pay for it. LUCKY!

Even with the proctoring - SL is a steal. The $$ per credit is unbeatable.

No shill here... just really proud and happy to be a part of the community here. Good luck everyone just starting and thank you to everyone else that paved the way.

:coolgleam:
One more thing... my brain feels like jello. But I'm on to CLEP, DSST and TECEP! Planned Grad date is June 2013. Will keep you guys updated!!!!
Congratz Bruce, on your accomplishments so far! I'm in the same boat, Without ACE credit from Straighterline, ALEKS, Penn Foster, I won't be 6 courses away from graduation right now. (Taking those 6 courses at the moment through something I found called VESI).

I do have to thank Straighterline, I mean yes it is still unforunaute that they have to go for a proctoring rule. Even though I did bash them at the end, but business is business.... However, at the end of the day, like you mentioned, they are still the best bang for your buck. I literally wouldnt be at this stage without Straighterline.

Certification (ACA) University of Central Florida
B.A. (Social Sciences) Thomas Edison State University
You seem to have a great attitude, I'm sure you will do well!
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
Bruce congratulations on your progress thus far! How do you keep the motivation up?

brucet3 Wrote:First off let me say thank you to all the "old timers" whose posts I took to heart and used as advice.

I'm just about half way to my BSBA in CIS at TESC thanks to a combination of ALEKS, ACE (credit for Networking/MS certs) and my friends at Straighterline. I didn't think I'd be able to find the time to complete a degree, let alone start a degree... but here I am, more than half way done.

I found out about straighter line about 8 weeks ago. It seemed like something too good to be true, so I laughed it off and closed my laptop and went to sleep. I decided to give it another look after I saw an ad for SL pop up while I was watching a youtube video (damn google reading my gmail and targeting me with ads).

Fast forward 6 weeks later, I've spent at least 80 hours a week reading going thru lesson plans and taking tests. I was already a accounting and history buff (who doesn't like the history channel and tax season?!) but I can honestly say, I never learned so much in so little time.

I spent about $1000 dollars total, on text books, straighterline, ALEKS, ACE transcripts and my admissions fees at TESC. The killer thing is once I mentioned what I was working on to my boss... he offered to pay for it. LUCKY!

Even with the proctoring - SL is a steal. The $$ per credit is unbeatable.

No shill here... just really proud and happy to be a part of the community here. Good luck everyone just starting and thank you to everyone else that paved the way.

:coolgleam:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Beginners Guide To Getting Cheap/Fast College Credit bjcheung77 17 172,756 09-16-2024, 07:29 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Freshman College Comp w/essay mom2school 13 2,740 09-14-2024, 07:37 AM
Last Post: upgradelately
  Degree plan help RajSingh 9 399 09-12-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: RajSingh
  OSU Post-Bacc BSCS degree name about to change sialiblo 8 1,462 09-11-2024, 01:43 AM
Last Post: elytrarowlock
  Seeking Advice on Free Online Courses as a Non-Degree Student rickrick 6 339 09-09-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 32 8,696 08-29-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: ifomonay
  Self-paced online college without essay? Nickinspace 18 2,027 08-27-2024, 07:19 AM
Last Post: wow
  Already a software engineer, degree worth it? mahaganapati 40 6,170 08-16-2024, 03:32 AM
Last Post: Leojames26
  'Duped': Students of UA's new online college can't get jobs, say school misled them o smartdegree 12 1,339 07-31-2024, 08:17 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Spanish courses for Spanish degree rachel83az 19 2,347 07-24-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: Avidreader