Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Straighterline Course Questions
They also have you use a reflective surface to look at all four corners of your monitor. This reflective surface should confirm that you are on a tablet - which wouldn't have a secret monitor.

I don't know if you will have issues taking the exam with a tablet or not, so let us know it works. This could be a solution for people who are uncomfortable giving ProctorU control of their PC.
BA Liberal Studies from Thomas Edison State University
Sure thing. However, since my tablet will be hooked up to the all-in-one with the large monitor, I believe I will actually be taking the exam on my tablet. I want to do that because I want any info from the exam to be stored on my tablet--not the computer in the store. I have received the book for the Business Ethics Straighterline course. I was able to start highlighting it yesterday (only the first chapter). I plan to take all day today highlighting (and simultaneously skimming) it. Then I plan to have all the quizzes taken by Thursday and take the final on Friday. I sure hope this is doable. Any thoughts?

Also, after I ordered the book I got the .PDF for this. Will they allow me to use both for the final? I have asked my adviser, but she's the one who told me that the final was closed book, so I'm not sure how helpful that will be, but I have asked. She insists that all finals are now closed book (and that this happened in the past two weeks). I will show them the link sent earlier, but this sounds pretty iffy to me. If any of you have recent experience with this I'd be grateful if you could please let me know. Also, can you retake the quizzes, or do you only get one attempt per quiz?

Many thanks.
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to post about the tablet. First of all, after a whole day of spinning my wheels (story to follow) I finally ended up taking the Staighterline Business Ethics final. Not only did I pass the final, but I passed the course as well (93% on the final, and 84% on the course in case anyone is interested). Yippee hooray! That's six credits between Monday and Saturday of the same week!

The day started off with a trip to the Microsoft Store. They hooked up my Surface Pro 2 tablet to one of their all-in-one computers with a humongous monitor. We disabled the monitor of the Surface, though that is the camera that was being used. It took about an hour to set everything up and get it running. Then I logged on to ProctorU and was told that I couldn't take my exam at the store because I was in a place that was "too public." However, the two proctors who worked with me while I was at the store (and also the help desk staff) did everything they could to make it so that I would be able to take the exam at the store. I waited about another hour or so while different people tried to get permission for that to happen.

However, because Staighterline could never be reached (I'm guessing they're closed on Saturday) I was never allowed to take my exam at the store. The moral of the story is--maybe they will allow you to take the exam on a tablet from home or a library--only if you can prove to them that the tablet screen is disabled (which I was able to prove by going in to Control Panel Display). However, since the whole point of my trying to do this was to save money on a Webcam when I am unemployed that all came to naught as I had a couple of hours before being rescheduled and didn't have time to comparison shop. I had to pick up an order at Staples and just got the cheapest Webcam they had--fifty bucks thank you very much. Oh well, at least I still passed after all that. I think I'd be ready to slash my wrists or something if I hadn't passed (just joking--I would never slash my wrists, just FYI)!
Hi Everyone,

I have discovered a discrepancy between Straighterline and TESC courses. Just FYI, Straighterline says that their Cultural Anthropology course maps to ANT-101 Introduction to Anthropology, however, according to two evaluation advisers at TESC it in fact maps to ANT-150 Cultural Anthropology (which makes complete sense to me since the course titles are the same). In case you were wondering, the ANT-150 Cultural Anthropology can also be used toward the Responsibility credits. Just FYI. I got my evaluation changed and everything, so this should be good to go. That only took a week!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are discussion questions becoming irrelevant with AI?? Vle045 26 1,404 08-19-2024, 04:43 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  The American Dream Academy Closing 4/30 Questions SophiaPrincess 14 2,764 05-08-2024, 12:15 AM
Last Post: upgrayedd
  Questions regarding IDSS (through the MITx micromaster for data science path) blablablox 0 522 03-06-2024, 09:58 AM
Last Post: blablablox
  StraighterLine acquires Childcare Education Institute bjcheung77 2 1,005 05-16-2023, 11:05 AM
Last Post: glammie83
  Excelsior University & StraighterLine success story! bjcheung77 0 922 03-07-2023, 07:24 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  5 Random Questions [LOR, Pell, SNHU, etc] omicreativedev 5 963 01-07-2023, 04:03 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Questions midnite123 18 1,788 12-12-2022, 02:52 AM
Last Post: midnite123
  Sophia.org Questions midnite123 37 3,553 09-20-2022, 06:32 PM
Last Post: midnite123
  Coopersmith - Course questions disney_day_dreamer 2 940 07-12-2022, 04:46 PM
Last Post: disney_day_dreamer
  Science plus lab alterantives for Study.com/StraighterLine echo64 6 1,297 06-18-2022, 01:27 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77