Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Straighterline Course - Pending Status
Anyone have any experience with a SL course being stuck in pending status and unable to start it? I had one more course I'm trying to squeeze in before my subscription expires 9/1. I paid for it this morning but still pending. I called it in and was told that it's been given to the technical team. I hope they fix it soon. I planned to spend the day on the course and now that's shot. I don't have much available time between now and 9/1 other than today, so now it's going to be difficult to accomplish. If it drags out much longer I'll just ask for a refund and take it from another source.

Honestly this has been my only negative experience with SL, and have overall enjoyed their format.
With ordering the course in the morning, I would say the time from Pending to Ready is longer than one should expect. I was notorious for purchasing a course with Straighterline, seeing Pending on the course and then pressing refreshing multiple times. Wasted action but made me feel better in the moment Wink On average the course would be released between 5 -15 minutes max (longer times came when I ordered multiple courses at once). If by chance you are still waiting, I would encourage you to call back and have them update your account while on the phone.

What course are you taking?
PhD, Leadership, University of the Cumberlands - What Have I Done!!?!!
MBA, Healthcare Management, Western Governors University - in progress
MS, Management and Leadership, Western Governors University - 2017
BS, Business Administration, Thomas Edison State University - 2016

RANSOMSOUL: Exchange Good For Great

The Ultimate Route to Earning a Bachelor's Degree in Business: A StraighterLine Success Story
I did call. She told me she'd get it over to the technical team. She said in her experience it may or may not be resolved today since it is the weekend.

The course is Intro to Nutrition. I've taken 13 other courses with no problems. They've always been available in 5 min or less. I got the confirmation email immediately after paying, and its showing on my credit card account, so it isn't a billing issue. Sigh.
Read that you had called in your initial message. My suggestion was to try again and see if while on the phone they could address the issue. The weekend support was my concern on if this could be fixed anyway today. Since we are more than midway through the day, I would encourage you to call tomorrow in the morning to get the issue resolved and request an extra day on your account due to the day lost. Straighterline is generous to extend a day for graded papers or to complete a final. There should not be any push back on asking for a bonus day due to a technical program.

Enjoy the afternoon/evening - this will get resolved tomorrow.
PhD, Leadership, University of the Cumberlands - What Have I Done!!?!!
MBA, Healthcare Management, Western Governors University - in progress
MS, Management and Leadership, Western Governors University - 2017
BS, Business Administration, Thomas Edison State University - 2016

RANSOMSOUL: Exchange Good For Great

The Ultimate Route to Earning a Bachelor's Degree in Business: A StraighterLine Success Story
That's a great idea, I will call tomorrow and give it a try.
Better yet, talk to them on live chat tomorrow. They're usually available starting 9 AM EST if I remember correctly. It's much faster than calling, and easier to communicate your issue.

I've had technical issues in the past, and live chat has been very quick to resolve them.
They fixed it today and I'm well on my way to being done in time to take the final Wednesday. Hooray!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  StraighterLine acquires Childcare Education Institute bjcheung77 2 1,026 05-16-2023, 11:05 AM
Last Post: glammie83
  Excelsior University & StraighterLine success story! bjcheung77 0 961 03-07-2023, 07:24 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Science plus lab alterantives for Study.com/StraighterLine echo64 6 1,342 06-18-2022, 01:27 PM
  StraighterLine - Success Stories bjcheung77 0 1,050 11-08-2021, 10:03 PM
  UoPeople received Candidacy status from WASC bjcheung77 7 3,281 07-24-2021, 12:34 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Straighterline Pharmacology 103 tyson14136 16 4,140 07-09-2021, 10:57 AM
Last Post: eLearner
  Is the Straighterline Biology Lab Kit Reusalble or Consumable? JaronB34 1 1,481 10-25-2020, 07:08 PM
Last Post: Lydclrk
  PSA: Send transcripts early and check their receipt status promptly Ideas 2 1,186 08-19-2020, 12:21 PM
Last Post: Ideas
  CISSP given equal status as a master's degree in Europe MNomadic 6 2,047 05-14-2020, 11:18 PM
Last Post: Imbanewbie
Exclamation BS/BA Degree plan using ACE/Straighterline Credits breezy55 1 1,599 11-13-2019, 02:13 PM
Last Post: dfrecore