Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Straighterline Coupons?
Does anybody have any luck using coupons multiple times with Straighterline?

I want to do the following 4 courses through them:

Straighterline Accounting 1
Straighterline Managerial Accounting
Straighterline English Composition 1
Straighterline Introduction to Biology Lab

I found this coupon:

"Use promo code ASH100 at checkout and your first month is on us! ($100 Value)"

My question is does anybody have any luck using coupons like that multiple times?

And how challenging is it to complete the above 4 courses in 30 days? If I can't do them in 30 days can I re-register and use the coupon again?

Thanks!
Completed BSc in Business Administration (COSC) May 31st, 2017

(Study.com) Psychology 101 / Psychology 102 / US History 1 / Principles of Management / Western Civilization II / Environmental Science 101 / Psychology 103 / US History 2 / Geology 101 / Earth Science / Psychology 107 / Political Science 102 / Sociology 101 / Principles of Marketing / Financial Accounting / Managerial Accounting / Principles of Finance
(Saylor) Business Law and Ethics
(DSST) Vietnam War / World Religions / Business Ethics and Society / Technical Writing / Management Information Systems
(CLEP) Microeconomics / Macroeconomics / English Literature / American Literature / College Composition
(UExcel) Human Resource Management / Research Methods in Psychology / World Population / Labor Relations / Psychology of Adulthood & Aging / Social Psychology / BioEthics / Organizational Behavior
(COSC) Conerstone / Capstone
(Straighterline) Intro to Communications / Biology Lab / Business Statistics
Never used a coupon but there are several people here that have done 9 courses in one month (intense studying). Since your account is linked to your name and used to transfer to ACE or other colleges, I'm not sure how using a coupon multiple times for multiple accounts is going to work.
I used this coupon and I took 4 classes in one month, If you are willing to do the work go ahead.
If someone doesn't mind answering that has taken the SL courses I'd be grateful. While I know each course is most certainly different, is there really an average number of hours you'd need to devote to a course? For example, if a person had say 10-15 hours per week maximum to devote, how long would it take to get through an average course? Could you do multiple courses per month with that amount of time?
West Virginia University at Parkersburg, Associate of Applied Science, Board of Governors program

Traditional College Credits (RA):
15 Credits

ALEKS & CSM Learn:
12 Credits

Straighterline:  
15 Credits

Sophia:
38 Credits
Total from All Sources:
80 Credits
NC Coach Wrote:If someone doesn't mind answering that has taken the SL courses I'd be grateful. While I know each course is most certainly different, is there really an average number of hours you'd need to devote to a course? For example, if a person had say 10-15 hours per week maximum to devote, how long would it take to get through an average course? Could you do multiple courses per month with that amount of time?

Some of the old timers flew through courses in a few days but they were 8-10 hour days, In my opinion and its worth what you paid for it Smile 15 hours a week for four weeks will get you a pass in a CLEP or DSST I can't see why it wouldn't get you a pass in a single SL course however multiple SL courses on 15 hours seems a bit tight.
No offence Old-timers I've been here that long it probably could apply to me too Smile
Don't forget that gaining college credit by taking exams is one of the reason's we're here. That's mainly possible through the flashcards made available by the owner of this forum : InstantCert Plus of course your hard work in learning and reviewing
Current Credits

Irish Education

FETAC Level 6 Adv Cert in Admin

Spreadsheets 5 U.S credits A ,Word Processing 2.5 U.S credits A
Business Management 5.0 U.S credits A Web Authoring 2.5 U.S credits A Communications 5.0 U.S credits A Manual and Computerized Bookkeeping 2.5 U.S Credits A

ECDL (European Computer Drivers License) ICS SKILLS 5 credits

Strayer University Marketing 100 (paid for by Starbucks) A 4.5 quarter hours
CLEP U.S History I 74, U.S History II 69, Western Civ II 61, Western Civ I 64, HG&D 60, Humanities 60, biz law 67,Am Gov 57.
DSST: Biz ethics & s 450, Art WW 424
EC CCS 120 A , EC ENG 101 A, EC BUS 312 H.R A , EC ENG 102 A,
B&M ACC 151 B, B&M ACC 152 (starting) Nat Scies,
EI2HCB Wrote:Some of the old timers flew through courses in a few days but they were 8-10 hour days, In my opinion and its worth what you paid for it Smile 15 hours a week for four weeks will get you a pass in a CLEP or DSST I can't see why it wouldn't get you a pass in a single SL course however multiple SL courses on 15 hours seems a bit tight.
No offence Old-timers I've been here that long it probably could apply to me too Smile

Thank you for the reply. One course per month then sounds doable (approx. 40-60 hours) based on your comments. My hope was to sometimes get through multiple courses per month but even at one per month it's progress. With work, family and other commitments, that's probably my max time available.
West Virginia University at Parkersburg, Associate of Applied Science, Board of Governors program

Traditional College Credits (RA):
15 Credits

ALEKS & CSM Learn:
12 Credits

Straighterline:  
15 Credits

Sophia:
38 Credits
Total from All Sources:
80 Credits
Straighterline Accounting 1 - Open Book
Straighterline Managerial Accounting - Open Book
Straighterline English Composition 1
Straighterline Introduction to Biology Lab - Closed Book

Online Exam Proctoring Details by Course | StraighterLine
NC Coach Wrote:If someone doesn't mind answering that has taken the SL courses I'd be grateful. While I know each course is most certainly different, is there really an average number of hours you'd need to devote to a course? For example, if a person had say 10-15 hours per week maximum to devote, how long would it take to get through an average course? Could you do multiple courses per month with that amount of time?

I am taking Straighterline courses. It depends with the course you are taking. I took Anatomy & Physiology I and it took me eight weeks to complete. Took American Government and it took me one week to complete. You can do multiple courses per month, all depends on how much time you are devoting to your courses per day. A&P I took me longest because i was only studying less than two hours daily.
It might save you a little money if you find a way to get a hold of the required textbook, study the sections they say to study in the syllabus, then enroll and knock out all the quizzes at once. This takes a bit of patience though.
MSN - Complete
BSN - Complete
ASN - Complete
MA - Complete
BA - Complete
AA - Complete
SL has different coupons so I don't remember which ones I used but it wouldn't hurt to try that coupon multiple times. For one coupon I used I was told I couldn't because I had been enrolled previously. But the checkout cart accepted it so I used it xD
Goal: BA in American Studies - COSC (103/120)
In Progress: -
Completed - Straighterline: US History 2
CLEP - American Literature

Associate of Arts - COSC (August 31st, 2014)
Classes used to complete it:
Liberty University Classes: English 101, English 102, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Introduction to Probability & Statistics
Advanced Placement: Art History
Straighterline Classes: Introduction to Sociology, Introduction to Biology (w/ Lab), Personal Finance, Business Ethics, Introduction to Religion, American Government, Cultural Anthropology, Introduction to Nutrition, Introduction to Communications, U.S. History 1
CLEP: Analyzing & Interpreting Literature
COSC: Cornerstone

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  StraighterLine acquires Childcare Education Institute bjcheung77 2 1,007 05-16-2023, 11:05 AM
Last Post: glammie83
  Excelsior University & StraighterLine success story! bjcheung77 0 926 03-07-2023, 07:24 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Science plus lab alterantives for Study.com/StraighterLine echo64 6 1,298 06-18-2022, 01:27 PM
  StraighterLine - Success Stories bjcheung77 0 1,024 11-08-2021, 10:03 PM
  Straighterline Pharmacology 103 tyson14136 16 4,091 07-09-2021, 10:57 AM
Last Post: eLearner
  Is the Straighterline Biology Lab Kit Reusalble or Consumable? JaronB34 1 1,455 10-25-2020, 07:08 PM
Last Post: Lydclrk
Exclamation BS/BA Degree plan using ACE/Straighterline Credits breezy55 1 1,580 11-13-2019, 02:13 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
Question Straighterline Business Statistics Tips Bunii 3 2,973 07-12-2019, 04:40 PM
Last Post: Bunii
  Straighterline Spanish 1 Amyfaith 5 2,962 03-05-2019, 11:43 AM
  Straighterline Review Goblue34 13 7,025 05-05-2018, 11:11 AM
Last Post: vpassenheim