Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Straighterline Business Communication Question on Final Grade
Last Friday, the 2nd part of the final (an essay) was graded. The 1st part (multiple choice questions) was graded immediately on Wednesday following the test. So now when I go to the section on grades, it says only 95 percent has been graded. The last part that needs to be graded is the Cumulative Final exam. What is this? Is this an average of the 1st part and 2nd part of my exam? Do I need to take action on something? It seems like it should've already been automatically calculated.

Any past experiences on similar issues would be appreciated.
2017...Finished Bachelor's General Management at TESU. 
I finished this course a couple months ago and it still says 95% on mine. It was approved on my ACE transcript and accepted by TESC, but it still bothers me that it doesn't show that I'm finished. I would say try adding it to your ACE transcript and see what happens. If it's not approved contact SL
TESU BSBA in General Management
CCAF AAS in Computer Science Technology

Resources used:  CLEP, DSST,
Penn Foster, Sophia, StraighterLine, TEEX, NFA, ALEKS, The Institutes
I second the above! Send it to ACE and problem solvee..
DESM

24 to go

CC (2012)
World Religions - A, Speech Communication - B, Intro to Sociology - A

CLEPS (August-September 2015)
Introductory Psychology - 64, Spanish Language - 80, Western Civilization I - 58, Western Civilization II - 57, Principles of Macroeconomics - 54, Principles of Microeconomics - 52, Principles of Marketing - 59, Principles of Management - 52, Information Systems - 64

DSST (September-October 2015)
Ethics in America - 462, Principles of Supervision - 422

ECE (September-October 2015)
Organizational Behavior - A, Human Resource Management - B

PF (October)
Financial Mngmt - 96

SL (October-November 2015)
Eng Comp 1 & 2 - 80, Acct 1 & 2 - 86, Bus Comm - 82, Bus Stats - 83, Biology - 74, American Govt - 83, Business Law - 84

Sophia (December 2015)
Project Management - 89

Aleks (December 2015)
Intermediate & College Algebra

Kaplan (December 2015)
PLA - Learning Recognition

American Institutes (December 2015)
Ethics & CPCU
About to take the final written and multi, any idea what the written involves, not asking for answers, just wondering what it entails for example is it a letter report, short or formal report?

If providing that is against forum rules I understand, but any tips would be most appreciated too.
I am finishing up this course and I have really enjoyed it.

According to the syllabus, the written portion of the final exam is a short report.

From the course: This part of the final examination will be similar in format to the Short Report assignment that you completed in the BUS105 course. As you did with the Short Report, you will present your essay in Memorandum format. Once the time limit expires, the proctor will require that you submit your essay.
futuremrsmlb Wrote:I am finishing up this course and I have really enjoyed it.

According to the syllabus, the written portion of the final exam is a short report.

From the course: This part of the final examination will be similar in format to the Short Report assignment that you completed in the BUS105 course. As you did with the Short Report, you will present your essay in Memorandum format. Once the time limit expires, the proctor will require that you submit your essay.

I know they want it .docx format, but would I be able to draw up a template and use it during the exam? As I am thinking that will save me time.
craigfin Wrote:I know they want it .docx format, but would I be able to draw up a template and use it during the exam? As I am thinking that will save me time.

I doubt they allow the use of a template. I am taking my exam tonight at midnight. I will be happy to share my experience.
Knowing I only need a few points to pass is a big relief!
Just finished my exam, first time using ProctorU, my proctor seemed very nice. Did not really have enough time to proof read my document the way I like to, however I probably would not had been allowed to do it my way. My way involves checking online for similar letters and seeing how mine hold's up. However I scored an 86% on the multi, and I after adding my score I already had 720 going into the exam so I believe I am good.
craigfin Wrote:Just finished my exam, first time using ProctorU, my proctor seemed very nice. Did not really have enough time to proof read my document the way I like to, however I probably would not had been allowed to do it my way. My way involves checking online for similar letters and seeing how mine hold's up. However I scored an 86% on the multi, and I after adding my score I already had 720 going into the exam so I believe I am good.

Awesome! Congrats
Mine still says 95% as well many weeks out. Strange how it does that -- and that you are not permitted to see the scoring from your final paper if you no longer have an active membership. I was still able to add it to my ACE transcript as well as have it sent directly to TESC, so I think that 95% = completed.
BA.SS: TESU '17
AA.LS, with Honors: CC '16
CHW Certification: CC '15
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop."― Confucius

B&M University: '92-'95
CC: '95-'16
CLEP: A&I Lit; '08
DSST: HTYH; '08
FEMA: unusable at TESU
IIA: Ethics & CPCU; '15
Kaplan: PLA course; '14,
NFA: 2 CR; '15
SOPHIA: Intro Soc; '15
Straighterline: US History II, Intro Religion, Bus. Ethics, Prin. Mgmt, Cult. Anthro, Org Behavior, American Gov't, Bus. Comm; '15
Study.com: Social Psych, Hist of Vietnam, Abnorm Psych, Research Methods in Psych, Classroom Mgmt, Ed Psych; '16
TECEP: Psych of Women, Tech Writing, Med Term, Nutrition, Eng Comp I; '16
TESU: BA.SS Capstone course; '16

Ended with a total of 170 undergrad credits (plus lots of CEUs). My "I'm finally done" thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  XAMK question k-k-k-katy 63 8,759 09-09-2024, 01:51 PM
Last Post: wow
  Question about admission hueyhoang 3 351 08-31-2024, 10:35 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  Prerequisite and credit transfer question kblue6494 4 269 08-29-2024, 10:37 AM
Last Post: kblue6494
  Question about the 1 credit RA self-paced class from ASU sparkling 6 1,973 08-28-2024, 10:42 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Question about TESC credits robertturner 0 230 07-25-2024, 03:09 AM
Last Post: robertturner
  Question about LawShelf TINASAM 6 507 07-04-2024, 10:20 AM
Last Post: TINASAM
  Why Grade Complaints Are Misunderstood - ‘improvement’ or ‘effort" should included LevelUP 0 182 06-12-2024, 03:36 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Coming Soon: Free Diploma of HE in Tourism & Service Business Management (XAMK) sarahmac 2 1,482 05-27-2024, 11:28 AM
Last Post: mdn
  U.S. News will rank distance learning programs in business, IT and other fields LevelUP 1 454 01-25-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  RBA degree question Jennr2z 19 4,073 12-14-2023, 04:50 PM
Last Post: staceydiane