Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Straighterline - Business Communication
Hello, I'm taking straighterline courses, Business Communication, to be exact. Does anyone have any specific information to possibly help me through the class? I took the first quiz today and I felt like a few of the questions was nowhere to be found (slides or book) and the other questions seemed like I didn't really need to read the book all. Does anyone have any personal feedback they could share with me? I'm trying to get 7 classes done in 30 days..
I finished it 3 days ago. You are right about the questions. there are several that are nearly impossible to find. the answers are there but, often masked or in a different spot than you would expect. There are also several that have multiple possible answers. The midterm is easier, final is not terribly hard, but closed book. Make sure you follow directions on the written assignments. If you can get those done in the 90's you will be fine. Mine were 92, 98 and 100. The practice tests on the site and practice quizzes on the book site are a good idea. They will help you navigate the book.
/Business Communication Information Center:
B.S. Business Admin
Liberty University
4.0 GPA
84 total credits in 12 months using this forum

Clep - Marketing 65, Fin Accounting 60, Macroeconomics 68

DSST - Statistics 444, Public Speaking 432, Principals of Finance 427- Money and Banking 67 - Org Behavior 64 - Bus Ethics 460

SL - Accounting II A, Managerial Accounting A, Environmental Science A, Business Comm A, Bus Law, A
Congratulations by the way! The Mid-Term and the Final exams, I know for the Mid-term it says something like review topics 1-7. Is it the same questions from the exam on those previous topics? Or do I have to read over the entire book again from Chapter 1-7 to make sure I get it. The exam's confuse me alot because none of the questions I had were in the book - they were all from the presentation. I believe one of the straighterline people told me that the exams are from the material read but the mid-term and final are all the same questions you had in previous topics (hence the closed book)

Also at the final test do they require you to be on cam while taking the test?

Thanks for the info!
I'm taking this class now and don't think too many repeat questions were on the midterm and with just the final left I'm getting a little nervous on this one
From ZERO to HERO! Enrolled at Liberty University

Started 11/20/13

75/120

PLA: 12 credits for existing Finra licenses

Completed Straighterline: intro to business 11/2013, personal finance 12/2013, business ethics 12/2013, macroeconomics 12/2013, organizational behavior 12/2013, principles of management 12/2013, microeconomics 1/2014, business law 1/2014, us history I 1/2014, intro to philosophy 1/2014, Intro to Biology 1/2014, Acct I 1/2014, accounting II 1/2014, us history II 1/2014, managerial accounting 2/2014, intro to sociology 2/2014, business comm 3/2014, intro to statistics 3/2014, Eng Comp I 3/2014

In process: intro to communications

SL To do: English comp II, college algebra

ICE EXAMS PASSED: theo104 & bibl104
I took it about a month ago. I found most of the answers in the book. My book was a couple editions out of date, so maybe the quizzes were based on an older version. However, I think you can probably guess correctly on a lot of the questions. It was the writing part of this course that I found more time consuming. The final is largely based on a written assignment. The way I handled it was to answer the final essay questions as fast as I could without looking up the answers and then I was able to add the time that was left to the time allotted for the final essay.
BA Liberal Studies from Thomas Edison State University
Ah ok good info! I'm a bit worried on the Exam Questions because I took Exam 1 and I found 0 questions they asked in the book. And a few of the questions I got wrong because they weren't in the book or in the slides. I am a bit nervous as well for the Final Exam because I heard it is taken through a web cam and not open book. So that worries me a little bit.
The slides are completely useless when it comes to taking the test. The answers are found in the textbook, not the slides.
BA in Social Science-TESC
Arnold Fletcher Award

[h=1]“Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.” ~Thomas Edison[/h]
I'll second what ironheadjack said about the slides. After my first StraighterLine course I stopped looking at the slides altogether. They were just a waste of time for me.
BA Liberal Studies from Thomas Edison State University
Is the midterm in this class proctored?

And is the final just a written test? or is it a mix of multiple choice and written part?

Which parts of this class can you use your book?

Thanks!
Started Dec 2012 ~ BSBA Human Resource and Org Management TESC

YAY!!!! OCT 24th = DONE!!!!!!

Straighterline Courses: American History I 83%, American History II 79% Accounting I 81%, Accounting II 83%, Macro 77 %, Micro 84%,World Religions 83%, Business Law 74%, Business Ethics 78%, Organizational Behavior 78%, Intro to business 85%, Business Communications 86%
Clep: Principles of management 64, Intro to marketing 53,
DSST: Bus in Society 442 / Principles of Supervison 453 / Money and Banking 55
Penn Foster: HR management 96%, Compensation Management 88%, Emp Benefits 89%, training concepts 96%, Strategic Management 90%, Principles of Finance 82%
ALEKS: Intro To Statistics 72%, Pre-Calc 70%
TESC : Org Theory DONE~ 89%
TEEX Cybersecurity for everyone ~ Business Elective ~ 85%
is the midterm in this class proctored?
no, Final Exam is proctored, you may use your notes and book.

And is the final just a written test? or is it a mix of multiple choice and written part?
no, multiple choice.

Which parts of this class can you use your book?
for all the exams/questions,

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Coming Soon: Free Diploma of HE in Tourism & Service Business Management (XAMK) sarahmac 2 1,459 05-27-2024, 11:28 AM
Last Post: mdn
  U.S. News will rank distance learning programs in business, IT and other fields LevelUP 1 445 01-25-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Business Insider/MSN - College, Grad, Money Articles bjcheung77 4 619 08-17-2023, 11:07 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  University of Northern Alabama Competency Business Degree natshar 6 882 07-19-2023, 04:35 AM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  StraighterLine acquires Childcare Education Institute bjcheung77 2 989 05-16-2023, 11:05 AM
Last Post: glammie83
  Excelsior University & StraighterLine success story! bjcheung77 0 895 03-07-2023, 07:24 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Calling all Excelsior business students! shoron 1 607 01-23-2023, 07:39 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Intro to Criminal Justice & Speech Communication midnite123 11 1,236 01-04-2023, 12:32 AM
Last Post: karenkresgs
  Science plus lab alterantives for Study.com/StraighterLine echo64 6 1,262 06-18-2022, 01:27 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  GetEducated.com Major Update (business degrees) freeloader 1 853 04-06-2022, 02:36 PM
Last Post: Vle045