Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CLEP and DSST question
Hello everyone! I have a question about taking CLEPs and DSSTs once you are no longer enrolled in college. I will be finishing my AA and AAS in December. I still want to take a few more CLEPs and DSSTs next spring. Here is my question: when I take a CLEP, the screen asks if I want to report. I always click on "Report" and then select my state and college. When I take a DSST, the college's 4 digit identifier is automatically filled in. If I am going to be finished with this college and still want to test, where (if anywhere) will my scores be reported to? Can I still test if I'm not enrolled? Thanks for any feedback!
Hi Humember,
All tests, both CLEP and DSST scores are stored by their parent companies. You can request a transcript from either Collegeboard (CLEP) or Petersons (DSST) to be sent to anywhere. I believe there is a 10-20yr hold time for these scores.

It does take some time for the transcripts to be received, but it can be expedited.

hope that helps!
---Graduatedt Excelsior - BS - General Business - Conferred August 2012---

Social Sciences CLEP:59 - Humanities CLEP:55 - Natural Sciences CLEP:53 - Analyzing & Interpreting Literature CLEP:59 - Management & Information Systems DSST:435
Human Resource Management ECE:C - Org. Behavior ECE:C - World Population ECE:C - UExcel Political Science:C - 2 NFA ACE Approved Courses
Straighterline:Criminal Justice, Western Civilization 1 and Sociology - Passed, Penn Foster Cost Accounting & Financial Management:Both B
CSU MGMT 311 Operations Management: Finished April 2012 - A, Business Ethics & Society DSST -- 440, BUS495 - EC Business Capstone - A

Finished - AS - Business from Excelsior - 61 credits 2.8 gpa - Commencement July 2011
Yes, both DSST and CLEP will keep the scores themselves and you can always have them sent to whatever location you need them at down the road. But I just thought I'd add, if you have any idea where you're gonna enroll eventually to use those credits, you could have the scores reported there eventually. I didn't enroll in Excelsior until this year and I took CLEPs way back in 2006 and had them reported to Excelsior, and they were still on my file at the school when I was finally an official student. I was shocked. Not sure if any other schools would hold onto them like that, but as it does cost to send a transcript for CLEP, this could save you a few bucks down the road (not it's very expensive, anyway, but it doesn't hurt to do this.)
~Banta

Graduated 2/17/11: BS in Business, Concentration: General Business from Excelsior College

EXAMS/COURSES TAKEN: UB - Principles of Comm - C | UB - US History II - C | AS - Freshman Comp - C | CLEP Humanities - 70 | CLEP College Math - 66 | CLEP Bio - 70 | CLEP Psych - 74 | CLEP American Gov - 68 | CLEP Social Sciences - 73 | CLEP Microeconomics - 72 | CLEP Macroeconomics - 74 | CLEP Management - 72 | DSST Supervision - 457 | DSST HRM - 70 | DSST OB - 75 | ALEKS College Algebra - 78% | ALEKS Intro to Statistics - 71% | CSU Pueblo 311 MGMT - A | SL Accounting I - A | SL Accounting II - A | DSST Finance - 458 | DSST M&B - 63 | CLEP Intro Business Law - 71 | DSST Business Law II - 79 | CLEP Info Systems - 73 | DSST MIS - 481 | DSST Business Ethics - 458 | DSST Intro to Business - 461 | DSST Environment - 70 | CLEP Marketing - 71 | CLEP A&I - 73 | SL Sociology - 98% | SL Intro to Criminal Justice - 96% | SL Western Civ I - 92% | Excelsior BUS 495 - A

Degree plan.
As has already been stated, collegeboard hold CLEP scores for 20 years. An individual can request that scores be sent to any academic establishment at any time. Additionally, an individual can request which specific scores are sent (i.e., you can pick and choose which scores are sent on any transcript and tests may be specifically omitted for any reason). Further information on the collegeboard website here. I sat all my CLEPs before enrolling at Excelsior and had them sent later.
[SIZE="1"]
Bachelor of Science in Psychology, Excelsior College 2012
Master of Arts in International Relations, Staffordshire University, UK - in progress

Aleks
All courses taken, 12 credits applied
CLEP
A&I Literature (74), Intro Sociology (72), Info Systems and Computer Apps (67), Humanities (70), English Literature (65), American Literature (51), Principles of Mangement (65), Principles of Marketing (71)
DSST
Management Information Systems (469), Intro to Computing (461)
Excelsior College
Information Literacy, International Terrorism (A), Contemporary Middle East History (A), Discrete Structures (A), Social Science Capstone (A)
GRE Subject Test
Psychology (93rd percentile, 750 scaled score)
Straighterline
English Composition I&II, Economics I&II, Accounting I&II, General Calculus I, Business Communication

Progress history[/SIZE]
When you take the CLep or the DSST, upon completion, do you receive a letter related to your test score, or do you just receive pass or fail.

Thank you
Mak08642 Wrote:When you take the CLep or the DSST, upon completion, do you receive a letter related to your test score, or do you just receive pass or fail.

Thank you
You have the option of receiving a printout with your score and other details on it from both CLEP and DSST. If you mean letter grade, then no you do not. CLEP generally doesn't give letter grades, and neither do the newer DSST exams... though the college would need to assign those, and not all do.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
CLEP and DSST doesn't determine letter scores, whatever college is receiving the test credit determines if they're gonna award a letter score or just a pass/fail.
~Banta

Graduated 2/17/11: BS in Business, Concentration: General Business from Excelsior College

EXAMS/COURSES TAKEN: UB - Principles of Comm - C | UB - US History II - C | AS - Freshman Comp - C | CLEP Humanities - 70 | CLEP College Math - 66 | CLEP Bio - 70 | CLEP Psych - 74 | CLEP American Gov - 68 | CLEP Social Sciences - 73 | CLEP Microeconomics - 72 | CLEP Macroeconomics - 74 | CLEP Management - 72 | DSST Supervision - 457 | DSST HRM - 70 | DSST OB - 75 | ALEKS College Algebra - 78% | ALEKS Intro to Statistics - 71% | CSU Pueblo 311 MGMT - A | SL Accounting I - A | SL Accounting II - A | DSST Finance - 458 | DSST M&B - 63 | CLEP Intro Business Law - 71 | DSST Business Law II - 79 | CLEP Info Systems - 73 | DSST MIS - 481 | DSST Business Ethics - 458 | DSST Intro to Business - 461 | DSST Environment - 70 | CLEP Marketing - 71 | CLEP A&I - 73 | SL Sociology - 98% | SL Intro to Criminal Justice - 96% | SL Western Civ I - 92% | Excelsior BUS 495 - A

Degree plan.
Thanks to everyone who responded to my question. I appreciate your input.
I know you have received some good info from the previous posters, but I wanted to make sure that you know HOW to not send your scores anywhere while testing. When taking a CLEP exam, you will be asked for your score recipient on one of the pretest screens (not after you have viewed your test score). Select your home state and then the first option says "DO NOT SEND" under the actual universities' names. If you are taking a DSST exam, just make sure your registration page does not have a 4-digit code under "score recipients" and the scores won't go anywhere but in their huge "mainframe". Both organizations will have record of your scores, but will not send them anywhere at the time of your exam experience. You will then control when/if they are sent at a later date.
Thank you for understanding my question. Although I appreciated everyone who responded, you knew exactly what I was asking and have answered it! Thank you, thank you!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Grade 5 Math Question - What's your answer? bjcheung77 4 200 Yesterday, 03:46 PM
Last Post: P226mem
  XAMK question k-k-k-katy 63 8,874 09-09-2024, 01:51 PM
Last Post: wow
  Question about admission hueyhoang 3 391 08-31-2024, 10:35 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  Prerequisite and credit transfer question kblue6494 4 327 08-29-2024, 10:37 AM
Last Post: kblue6494
  Question about the 1 credit RA self-paced class from ASU sparkling 6 2,066 08-28-2024, 10:42 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Question about TESC credits robertturner 0 242 07-25-2024, 03:09 AM
Last Post: robertturner
  DSST Scoring Wait Time TestMan314 0 201 07-18-2024, 02:42 PM
Last Post: TestMan314
  Question about LawShelf TINASAM 6 541 07-04-2024, 10:20 AM
Last Post: TINASAM
  English 2 CLEP Jennr2z 8 1,954 05-18-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Spyrine
  DSST practice Exams for BUS LAW II? doloresramirez 6 545 05-06-2024, 02:38 AM
Last Post: doloresramirez