Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Still no TECEP grade...
I took my BUS-421 TECEP 3/29 online. I was expecting the grading turn-around to be pretty fast like my previous online TECEP, but there is still no grade (CR/NC) for this one. The wait is torture.

I'm kind of afraid to make waves and call the testing center. I need all the partial credit I can get in those essay questions!!

Has anyone else taken an online TECEP lately and is still waiting on results?
I took the Federal Income Taxation TECEP online on April 8th. I am also very anxious for the results, but didn't have a good feeling when I hit the submit button.
I am waiting on a bunch a credits to be assigned/evaluated and it seems TESC is very slow all the way around.
I am not familiar with the scoring process for the TECEP exams, but with all the exams we administer here at our test center, I would not suggest calling the test center. In every case here, it is the actual testing program that is in charge of the exam (and mailing and maintaining the results) once it has been completed by the candidate.
The M/C section are graded in-house but the written portion is then forwarded to a mentor for evaluation. I took the paper version and it took approx a month for a final grade. I would still allow for 4 wks but since you took the exam online you've cut out a portion of the mail routing time. Hopefully you may see results this Friday or Monday. Keep in mind most of the online/guided study professors who are in charge of grading the essay exams, work at other institutions/companies, and live all over the country.

Good luck it was not an easy exam! I was told as long as you understood the concept of the question, but may have not been as eloquent in your answer (bullet points/short descriptors vs full blown commentary), you are still awarded points. What I love about TECEPs vs the course is the P/F grading. You can pass with a D but the low grade is not recorded on your transcript.

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BA, Social Sciences. 2010. Arnold Fletcher Award.
AAS, Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies. 2011
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!
Thank you for the replies, I am still (im)patiently awaiting my results. Smile

Bricabrac - Thank you, it WAS a tough one. I'm hoping the grader is very generous with the partial credit. (fingers crossed)

I ended up emailing the TESC Testing Department and it ended up being a good thing because...when I initially emailed them to say I took the BUS-421 and it was ready for grading (per the online TECEP process), they looked up the wrong TECEP and thought it was already graded. They were looking at the BUS-311 TECEP on my record. So the grader was never notified to grade my essays. The woman who answered my email was very apologetic and said that she misread my initial email and that she would notify the grader that it was in his/her queue. So hopefully I will get the result soon.

GAH! I'm not a patient person to begin with! (HA HA)

JJ65, good luck with your exam, I hope we both passed!! =)
I waited about six weeks for my score.
CLEPS Passed: 10 DSST Passed: 11 TECEPS: 1

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Picking on people weaker than you only proves that you are a weak person.
Prloko Wrote:I waited about six weeks for my score.

Ugh, that's a long wait...
And that was for a multiple choice exam. But, there seems to be varying degrees on turn-around times. Maybe it depends on department or who's desk it get's on, etc.
CLEPS Passed: 10 DSST Passed: 11 TECEPS: 1

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Picking on people weaker than you only proves that you are a weak person.
Prloko Wrote:And that was for a multiple choice exam. But, there seems to be varying degrees on turn-around times. Maybe it depends on department or who's desk it get's on, etc.

I think you're right. The BUS-311 TECEP I took (M/C with essays) was graded in 2 days. I took the CMP-354 TECEP on Monday (all M/C) I passed it, but am still waiting for that CR to post. Maybe they are backed up, who knows. I think if I felt more confident about how I did on the BUS-421 TECEP, I wouldn't stress so much over it. Oh well, time will tell. Smile
Bub212,
I am also impatiently waiting. On my test I did expand my answers quite a bit in hopes that a generous grader may be able to fit partial credit in there somewhere. I think I will send a nice inquiry to the test department (do you have an email address that you used? or a contact?) I hope to politely give a nudge in case it is sitting in a forgotten spot in the black box know as TESC.

good luck to you also.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Grade 5 Math Question - What's your answer? bjcheung77 4 247 10-21-2024, 03:46 PM
Last Post: P226mem
  Why Grade Complaints Are Misunderstood - ‘improvement’ or ‘effort" should included LevelUP 0 211 06-12-2024, 03:36 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  TECEP Environmental Ethics dbwdb 1 850 11-01-2023, 11:15 PM
Last Post: SpeedDemon
  TECEP limits? oldguy4associate 4 717 10-24-2023, 04:19 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TECEP Advertising updates or recent feedback? seanmathews 5 959 10-09-2023, 11:36 AM
Last Post: Avidreader
  TECEP Operations Management colinsr 4 767 10-09-2023, 11:06 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study.com for World History TECEP bannerfield 4 1,321 09-27-2023, 03:43 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  TECEP midnite123 7 1,087 08-08-2023, 06:58 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Need Statsitics, but hate all the Math? The Statisistics TECEP may be your answer. Prloko 9 4,693 05-23-2023, 02:39 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Grade for credit Mike Williams 14 1,721 01-11-2023, 12:28 PM
Last Post: davewill